PDA

View Full Version : Eat your heart out Gates.......

photo chick
05-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Steve Jobs is top-paid CEO; hikes average 38 percent: report
Fri May 4, 3:54 PM
NEW YORK (AFP) - Steve Jobs of Apple was the top-paid US chief executive last year in 2006, receiving some 646 million dollars, Forbes magazine said.
ADVERTISEMENT
Even though Jobs was paid a nominal one-dollar salary, the value of his stock options and other benefits made him the highest compensated CEO, the magazine said.
Forbes, in releasing its survey late Thursday, said the CEOs of America's 500 biggest companies got a collective 38 percent pay raise last year, to 7.5 billion dollars, or an average 15.2 million dollars.
Exercised stock options accounted for the main component of pay, or about 48 percent, Forbes said.
Number two on the list was Occidental Petroleum's Ray Irani with 321.6 million dollars, followed by Barry Diller at InterActive Corp (295 million), Fidelity National's William Foley (179 million) and Terry Semel of Yahoo (174 million).
Michael Dell, who retook the reins at Dell Computer, was sixth with a compensation package worth 153 million dollars.
With an outcry growing over extravagant pay packages for US corporate executives, Forbes said the highest-paid CEOs were not always those that delivered the most to shareholders.
Forbes said by its analysis, Apple's Jobs was 36th. Topping the list was John Bucksbaum of General Growth Properties, a real-estate investment trust. Over the past six years, Bucksbaum was paid 723,000 dollars a year while delivering a 39 percent annual return to shareholders.
At the bottom of the performance/pay rankings was Richard Manoogian, CEO of housing products maker Masco, with a six-year annual return of five percent and a paycheck averaging 11 million dollars a year.

al cole'holic
05-05-2007, 06:07 PM
...wow, that is an insane way of life right there! Makes me wish sometimes I wasn't an alumni of Whatsamatta U :D :D

ClownRoyal
05-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Bill Gates salary is listed like the GNP of a medium sized country.
If he was in to it... he could have the baddest performnance boat ever! To each his own as they sayl

photo chick
05-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Doesn't he have one of the baddest yachts in the world?
yes equipt with a helio pad too!

Tom Brown
05-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I think you guys are thinking of Paul Allen's yacht (#2 at Microsoft).
http://www.yachtcrew-cv.com/paulallen.htm
The thing about Steve Jobs is that he has gambled a lot of his own money over the years. He left apple when it had gotten pretty big, started Next with his own money and had some success (modest compared to his current success), he came back to apple when it was in trouble and managed it back to huge success.
Every time Jobs made one of those moves, people said how stupid he was. I'm not privy to what has really gone on but I suspect he has earned the money he makes. His contract was probably set up when Apple stock prices were in the toilet and so he has made his salary as high as it is through managing the company to success.