PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather Jr. "SUNK" Oscar De La Hoya

Tequila-John
05-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Good fight Oscar won a couple rounds but was shut down. His famous jab was taking away from him do to lighting quick counter punches from Floyd. Good fight. I will say Oscar looked lean and mean....

Summer LuvN
05-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Good fight Oscar won a couple rounds but was shut down. His famous jab was taking away from him do to lighting quick counter punches from Floyd. Good fight. I will say Oscar looked lean and mean....
How did you like that "everyone please stand for the Mexican Anthem" which was sang before ours.... What was the MGM thinking? Was Oscar born in Mexico? I thought he was from L.A.?:idea: Great fight.

phebus
05-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Has Oscar done the post fight hype and retired yet?

Tequila-John
05-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Has Oscar done the post fight hype and retired yet?
I loved when they asked him "Why did you stop throwing your jab it looked like you could not get the jab going, when do did throw it you did damage"
Oscar reply "Well it just was not the night for the jab I mean i would throw it and knock Floyds head back it would hurt him"
What a dink!

phebus
05-06-2007, 07:15 AM
By the way SWB, it's good to see you posting again. Where you been?

Tequila-John
05-06-2007, 07:17 AM
We must have watched a different fight or you're a huge Mayweather fan. I scored it (running commentary on HB during the fight) 115-113 Mayweather, which was right in line with the judging, but Mayweather was far from dominant. It was the least impressive Mayweather fight I've ever seen. DeLaHoya looked very good and was definitely the aggressor. I would have been alright with a draw, especially considering Oscar was the champion.
Did you see Floyd Sr.'s post fight interview? He gave it to Oscar too. ;)
I am a fan and saw the scoring but I also looked at the punch numbers those we dominant. All in all a good fight. Also Floyd Sr. looks like the Predator. No?

Tequila-John
05-06-2007, 07:19 AM
That's awesome. :D :D
:)

Tequila-John
05-06-2007, 07:22 AM
I would love to see this!!!
LAS VEGAS – UFC president Dana White said Saturday he plans to make Floyd Mayweather Jr. a multi-million dollar offer to fight his lightweight champion after Mayweather's numerous putdowns of mixed martial arts fighters.
About 90 minutes after Mayweather's victory over Oscar De La Hoya, a bout in which he earned $10 million plus a cut of the pay-per-view revenues that could double that figure, White said he was prepared to match Mayweather with UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk.
White wouldn't be pinned down on a specific number, though he said, "I promise you, I will make it worth his while. I will make it very worth his while."
White was undaunted even after hearing of Mayweather's large payday.
"I told you, we can make him a very, very competitive offer if he still feels he can beat one of our guys," White said.
White was so angry at repeated comments made by Mayweather disparaging the UFC and mixed martial artists during the buildup to his fight with De La Hoya that he brought UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta and Sherk to the MGM Grand Garden to make a case for a fight with Mayweather.
Mayweather sent a peace offering to White via UFC vice president Marc Ratner before Saturday's bout. Mayweather told Ratner to tell White he was only kidding when he was ripping the UFC and its fighters.
"Floyd talked to Marc Ratner and he told Marc, 'Tell Dana I love him and all this talk about the UFC was just hype,' " White said. "Floyd and I used to be really close and I was kind of disappointed and (ticked) off with the way he was talking."
As for Sherk, White said, "He loved being here and seeing the atmosphere, and I think he left here believing he'd beat the living (expletive) out of the guy if he ever got the chance."

sleekcraft80
05-06-2007, 08:04 AM
I am a fan and saw the scoring but I also looked at the punch numbers those we dominant. All in all a good fight. Also Floyd Sr. looks like the Predator. No?
When I saw Floyd Sr. I thought Arnold might be close by. HA HA

ROZ
05-06-2007, 08:29 AM
fighting the good fight.
Church ?

SHOTKALLIN
05-06-2007, 09:46 AM
How did you like that "everyone please stand for the Mexican Anthem" which was sang before ours.... What was the MGM thinking? Was Oscar born in Mexico? I thought he was from L.A.?:idea: Great fight.
Thats what I was thinking. Since I was in a Mexican household as a guest I just bit my tongue. I didn't want to offend anyone. Last I checked Oscar was an American. Maybe if it was Julio Cesar Chavez I could understand that or if the fight was in Mexico. Thinking this way some will call me racist. I just call myself an American.
Just my .02

SHOTKALLIN
05-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I thought it was hilarious that Floyd wore the Mexican flag colors and a sombrero. Some of the peeps at my buddies house didn't think it was too cool.:D :D

Not So Fast
05-06-2007, 11:10 AM
The 2 styles defintely made for a boring fight IMO. Oscar wanted to mix it up and Mayweather went into peekaboo mode immediately which initself makes for a boring fight unless you are Ali. I for sure did not think Mayweather did enough to win the fight because last I checked they score on being aggressive big time which he WAS NOT!!! At best a un-eventful fight, a draw would have been the best decision. NO MAS FOR ME, at $65 for HD it was way over priced IMO. Boxing is truly in the tank, a sport I used to love. :( :( NSF

WHITIE
05-06-2007, 02:14 PM
The 2 styles defintely made for a boring fight IMO. Oscar wanted to mix it up and Mayweather went into peekaboo mode immediately which initself makes for a boring fight unless you are Ali. I for sure did not think Mayweather did enough to win the fight because last I checked they score on being aggressive big time which he WAS NOT!!! At best a un-eventful fight, a draw would have been the best decision. NO MAS FOR ME, at $65 for HD it was way over priced IMO. Boxing is truly in the tank, a sport I used to love. :( :( NSF
I totally agree.. I would of given it to Oscar just for the effort. He threw more punches every round. The stats were f'ed up in my mind..Mayweather definately didnt deserve it.

SHOTKALLIN
05-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I totally agree.. I would of given it to Oscar just for the effort. He threw more punches every round. The stats were f'ed up in my mind..Mayweather definately didnt deserve it.
Oscar landed 24%. He didn't deserve it either. I can go swing like a windmill too, but does that make me a winner?
At best this fight was a draw. Vegas should be handing out refunds.

Not So Fast
05-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Oscar landed 24%. He didn't deserve it either. I can go swing like a windmill too, but does that make me a winner?
At best this fight was a draw. Vegas should be handing out refunds.
But in the grand scheme of things dont you think that this lays the groundwork for best 2 out of 3 scenario, Oscar wins the next one and then they get a BIG PAYDAY (as if they didnt get enough this time) for the GRAND POOHBAH I"M THE GREATEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME BS. Except they will not get my money next time, of that you can rest assured!!! ;) NSF

SHOTKALLIN
05-06-2007, 03:40 PM
But in the grand scheme of things dont you think that this lays the groundwork for best 2 out of 3 scenario, Oscar wins the next one and then they get a BIG PAYDAY (as if they didnt get enough this time) for the GRAND POOHBAH I"M THE GREATEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME BS. Except they will not get my money next time, of that you can rest assured!!! ;) NSF
Every big money fight has a secret rematch clause. De La Hoya is a better businessman than a fighter. And he is a damn good fighter. Even if it doesn't happen Golden Boy productions is an impressive company. My hat is off to his for his countless charities. But the big picture here is he will become the Mexican Don King. King will not live forever and I don't see him recruiting any latinos while Oscar is around. Oscar is very smart.

SHOTKALLIN
05-06-2007, 03:43 PM
No don't insult the Predator like that. I thought he was Flavor Flavs dad. Crack Head Sr.:D

HOOTER SLED-
05-07-2007, 04:03 AM
LMAO!! Peeps were saying this over at my house too. :D

HOOTER SLED-
05-07-2007, 04:06 AM
We must have watched a different fight or you're a huge Mayweather fan. I scored it (running commentary on HB during the fight) 115-113 Mayweather, which was right in line with the judging, but Mayweather was far from dominant. It was the least impressive Mayweather fight I've ever seen. DeLaHoya looked very good and was definitely the aggressor. I would have been alright with a draw, especially considering Oscar was the champion.
Did you see Floyd Sr.'s post fight interview? He gave it to Oscar too. ;)
This sums it up for me right here. I called it Mayweather by decision, unless Oscar knocks him out. And Oscar was going for the knockout the whole fight. BUllshit scoring IMO.