PDA

View Full Version : Bratton: Police Squad Members Ordered To Step Down

RitcheyRch
05-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Looks like we might need a few more police officers.
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_126170230.html
Members of an elite Los Angeles Police squad have been ordered to "stand down" and have been taken off the streets while Chief William Bratton and three other separate investigations try to find out what went wrong last week, when journalists and peaceful rally attendees were roughed up in MacArthur Park.
Bratton told journalists Sunday that some of the officers of the Metropolitan Division's ‘B' Platoon "in all likelihood not be returning to the Metropolitan Division, as a result of our findings." As many as 60 members of the elite unit are no longer in the field as a result, the chief said.
"There will be no scapegoats here," Bratton told a packed conference room full of journalists at a Hollywood TV station Sunday. The chief said that any imposition of permanent disciplinary action will await the completion of the LAPD's self-examination, which is due to be presented to the City Council May 30.
Bratton has said numerous departmental procedures were not followed at the May Day Immigration Rights rally. Some 240 rubber and other soft-material projectiles were fired at a crowd that Bratton said was peaceful and lawful.
Videotape shown around the world shows LAPD officers, including members of the B Platoon, apparently violating numerous LAPD policies, Bratton said. The use of a helicopter-delivered announcement in English to disperse people who speak Spanish, and the treatment of reporters and photojournalists doing their jobs, will be examined.
Ten different associations of journalists met with the department's top brass Sunday to ask why LAPD policies towards the news media, that had been worked out after reporters were assaulted by police officers during the 2000 Democratic National Convention, were ignored.
The Metropolitan Division is the city's premier police squad, made up of experienced, career officers and given the benefit of extensive training and modern equipment in crowd control tactics, the police chief said.
Mary Grady, the department's civilian spokeswoman, acknowledged that news media were not given "a designated safe spot" at MacArthur Park to cover the events last Tuesday. Such an arrangement was called for in the 2002 agreement with media organizations and the American Civil Liberties Union, and such provisions were made last year when an immigration rally six times larger than Tuesday's was held.
"There appears to have been here a failure to communicate" by LAPD officers in charge at MacArthur Park, said Press Photographers Association local president John McCoy.
While Bratton was meeting with journalism associations leaders at KTLA's Hollywood studios, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa spoke at the Cathedral Our Lady of the Angels, where Cardinal Roger Mahony was celebrating what was billed as a mass of consolation and healing for those who were hurt or frightened by the violence Tuesday.
Outside the cathedral, Villaraigosa said "it is important for us in these moments to remember that we must come together, work together, to insure that what happened on May 1 doesn't happen again.”
"The only way we can do that is to ensure that those responsible for the decisions that were made, that caused the violence, on May 1 be held accountable," the mayor said. Villaraigosa said that chain of responsibility starts with him.
The mayor said he plans to spend his Sunday afternoon walking around MacArthur Park, and said he wants to listen to the "people who marched on May 1," whom he described as "families ... hard-working people."
Four separate agencies are investigating what went wrong at MacArthur Park, including the FBI.

PBOCOP
05-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Not step down, stand down. They will just be moved to other positions for a short period during the investigation. They are a specialized unit for incidents such as these. They will be moved for a short period, not ordered to step down, as in resign.
Christina Gonzalez, Fox 11 News. :)

76elimspecial
05-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I Think Orders Given In English Are Sufficient!

RitcheyRch
05-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree. Just posted what the news said.
Not step down, stand down. They will just be moved to other positions for a short period during the investigation. They are a specialized unit for incidents such as these. They will be moved for a short period, not ordered to step down, as in resign.

SHOTKALLIN
05-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Who will want the job in the future if you are not allowed to do your job? Since when is the media allowed to interfere with a scirmish line? Political correctness is B.S. ICE should be at the next rally.

Flashwave
05-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Riot police are the Universal language to get the hell out of the way. If your so Phuken stupid not to get it, then you deserve to have penalties accessed immediately.

BoatPI
05-06-2007, 03:28 PM
This is old news. B Platoon was taken out of the field after this. They then made 18 crime reports for their injuries, etc. All ADW on a P.O.
I would some "retraining" and back in the field soon.

Desert Rat
05-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Plastic flash lights, can't get fuggin illegals to get back, Fugg who the hell would want a job with LAPD. WHATEVER you do you will be second guessed to death and then punished after. If Villamediawhore would pay as much attention to what is going on in his city as he does to the corrupt Central American politicians he might be worth more then a POS. But I dought it. I have high respect for the men and women of the LAPD but for the life of me I don't know why the continue to work for such worthless POS. LA keeps it up and they will have a recruiting nightmere on their hands!!

MudPumper
05-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm not going to get into the debate over if the cops were right or wrong but the thing I don't understand is this. Why didn't those people get the fock out of the way? I'm sorry but if I saw cops in full riot gear advancing toward me, I would run and get the hell out of there. These people on the video were barely at walking speed and clearly were not making much effort to leave the area. I don't get people these days. A police officer gives them an order to move and they stand there and want to ask why. Just focking do it.

Baja Big Dog
05-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Thats Christina Goooonnnnzzzaaallleeezzzzzz......When she talking about Mexicans:mad:

Jbb
05-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Police Squad....
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6c/250px-Police_squad.jpg

HavaSkank
05-06-2007, 03:59 PM
This is absolute bullshit. Bratton is trying to appease the media and the race radicals like Sharpton. This sends an ugly message to his team and I would except nothing less than a mass exodus in the form of laterals, early retirement and simple resignations.
These cops were getting pelted with debris and the crowd was unruly. You bet your ass I'd have my baton in hand and using it on the dumbasses who were looking to make the 10:00 News. You can clearly see one teenage Einstein who purposely try to make a stand and NOT move when the human chain reached him. First they pushed, then he went limp and wouldnt move. When the batons came out the reporters got immediate hard-ons.
Christina Gonzalez felt superior for two reasons: She's a media ***** and her husband is reportedly a retired cop. SORRY YOU DUMB BITCH! You still must move out of the way when instructed by law enforcement. When they started pushing her around she became more defiant and she's LUCKY they didnt bitch slap her with a Mag Light.
Stay tuned. After this annoucement there will be a vote of 'no-confidence' by the Union and we will see this as Bratton's last chapter.
Go ahead LA, dance in the streets and celebrate a mass termination for cops doing their jobs. Then 2 days later complain why the response time into your shithole nieghborhood is more than 30 minutes. Attend city council meetings and claim the poor response time is because you're Hispanic or black. The Race Card always works and the rest of the Nation will become sympathetic and the LAPD will once again be respected as much as the Gestapo.

Jbb
05-06-2007, 04:01 PM
This is absolute bullshit. Bratton is trying to appease the media and the race radicals like Sharpton. This sends an ugly message to his team and I would except nothing less than a mass exodus in the form of laterals, early retirement and simple resignations.
These cops were getting pelted with debris and the crowd was unruly. You bet your ass I'd have my baton in hand and using it on the dumbasses who were looking to make the 10:00 News. You can clearly see one teenage Einstein who purposely try to make a stand and NOT move when the human chain reached him. First they pushed, then he went limp and wouldnt move. When the batons came out the reporters got immediate hard-ons.
Christina Gonzalez felt superior for two reasons: She's a media ***** and her husband is reportedly a retired cop. SORRY YOU DUMB BITCH! You still must move out of the way when instructed by law enforcement. When they started pushing her around she became more defiant and she's LUCKY they didnt bitch slap her with a Mag Light.
Stay tuned. After this annoucement there will be a vote of 'no-confidence' by the Union and we will see this as Bratton's last chapter.
Go ahead LA, dance in the streets and celebrate a mass termination for cops doing their jobs. Then 2 days later complain why the response time into your shithole nieghborhood is more than 30 minutes. Attend city council meetings and claim the poor response time is because you're Hispanic or black. The Race Card always works and the rest of the Nation will become sympathetic and the LAPD will once again be respected as much as the Gestapo.
Well said!

HavaSkank
05-06-2007, 04:05 PM
How funny, I can say "bullshit" but "wh*re" is tabboo. Hell, in my circle of friends it's a term of endearment.

RitcheyRch
05-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I would RUN and not WALK thats for sure. Those idiots claiming they didnt understand the commands.
I'm not going to get into the debate over if the cops were right or wrong but the thing I don't understand is this. Why didn't those people get the fock out of the way? I'm sorry but if I saw cops in full riot gear advancing toward me, I would run and get the hell out of there. These people on the video were barely at walking speed and clearly were not making much effort to leave the area. I don't get people these days. A police officer gives them an order to move and they stand there and want to ask why. Just focking do it.

MudPumper
05-06-2007, 04:29 PM
I would RUN and not WALK thats for sure. Those idiots claiming they didnt understand the commands.
Exactly....the cops don't even need to open their mouths to get the message across. A lot of non-verbal shit going on with just the Command Presence.
And the shit about the commands given in English to a mostly Spanish speaking crowd....This is America and we Hablo Engles aqui. I suggest you try and learn it.