PDA

View Full Version : EBAY: Shipping out of the country???

NOTALENT
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I have numerous items for sale on there and a few guys want to buy, but there out of the country.....anyone done this before? Are there any differences in shipping methods or reasons why I shouldnt....?? Thanks in advance...
NT

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Yup. I make billet stuff for F150's and ship out all of the time. Depends upon the size of what you're shipping, but it's not much more expensive. I've shipped to Germany,Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, etc. Never any problem!
Just be sure to go the post office and ask them what is the best way. Lots of times, cuz my stuff is small, I just pop it out normal airmail and it's maybe 50 cents to $1 more. Not too bad, unless there's some serious weight...then I can't help you.
Good luck.

Cat & Mice
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't do it. I got burned once pretty bad. Seems like the out of country guys always have some weird story.
Just my .02
MP

brad22
05-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I've also done it quite a bit in the past. The biggest part is making sure that you SECURE your funds before doing anything. I have been targeted for scams several times. Let all checks clear, etc. Be prepared to fill out some extra paperwork if you are shipping via UPS. Depending on what country you are shipping to you will need at least 3 commercial invoices (for customs), country of origin, and depending on the value of the product a SED form also.
If you don't do this often and your product is small and low value, I wouldn't even go through the hassle. Thats just my opinion. Hope that helps

AZKC
05-06-2007, 08:12 PM
PayPal:D

NOTALENT
05-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Its just some motorcycle parts and they would be paying via pay pal. We have a company account with FED EX and was going to try that....? I have shipped engines and transmissions where we needed to do all the extra paperwork, but thats through a exporter. One guy was from Canada, Mexico and Isreal. They all have good feedback....hmmm

anxious
05-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I have an ebay business and ship to Canada all the time. Used to be a pain in the butt until paypal let you print out the shipping labels through them. Now it is no big deal. It depends on the weight. I like shipping out of country becuase I always make more money on shipping:D

NOTALENT
05-07-2007, 05:33 AM
I have an ebay business and ship to Canada all the time. Used to be a pain in the butt until paypal let you print out the shipping labels through them. Now it is no big deal. It depends on the weight. I like shipping out of country becuase I always make more money on shipping:D
Thats another thing I liked...more money!!!:D Do you guys think I will have to do extra paperwork for FEDEX on motorcyle fairings??

Jerrys59
05-07-2007, 05:46 AM
I have shipped to Canada and to the Aussie's before with no problems.
Only excepted paypal. Just shipped a superchiller to a Aussie

voodoomedman
05-07-2007, 06:01 AM
Anything that leaves the country will require a customs declaration. Personally, I use the post office. I ship about 5 international packages per week via USPS. I use Parcel Post Airmail, which is changing next week to First Class Mail international. Most foreign eBayers will ask you to use the post office, because FedEx and UPS are both VERY expensive and they both collect a separate fee from the buyer for delivery. It's a brokerage fee and cover their import duties and whatnot. With USPS, they only pay import duty.
Ding Ding Ding.
Actually Brokerage fee is included in the shipping charge except for Canada Standard but FedEx and UPS are more expensive for the small items than the post office unless you do enough shipping to that country to get a good discount. You will also get away without duties or pay very little. Kinda funny how the government agencies get away with that so you use their services. Also if you use Fedex be prepared to get a bill a few months later for those brokerage charges and duties if your customer does not pay them at the time of shipment.
Now if you go post office make sure to get all the tracking and delivery confirmation upgrades as possible so someone in another country doesn't try to tell their credit card they never got it so that they don't have to pay.

NOTALENT
05-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Anything that leaves the country will require a customs declaration. Personally, I use the post office. I ship about 5 international packages per week via USPS. I use Parcel Post Airmail, which is changing next week to First Class Mail international. Most foreign eBayers will ask you to use the post office, because FedEx and UPS are both VERY expensive and they both collect a separate fee from the buyer for delivery. It's a brokerage fee and cover their import duties and whatnot. With USPS, they only pay import duty.
I just did a quick quote on Fed Ex to the Isreal and Mexico guys.....Isreal $320!!!:eek: Mexico was $60....eeeshh..time to check with USPS...Those are ridiculous prices....I can ship an engine to Germany for under that cost!

brad22
05-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Other good international shipping companies are www.dhl-usa.com (http://www.dhl-usa.com) and www.baxglobal.com (http://www.baxglobal.net). Im pretty sure DHL is going to be the least expensive. Good Luck.