PDA

View Full Version : And now for something completely different....

boatsnblondes
05-07-2007, 02:07 AM
I want out. I am so done with railroading, sometimes I can't stand it. I got a chance at a job that pays better, has better hours, weekends off, holidays off, benny's, salary plus commision, plus bonuses and residuals...gas allowance, company cell and company laptop...
So the question is this..how many of you have just STARTED OVER?? I'm 42, looking at it all and asking, is this IT?? I can't stand the idea of running trains for the rest of my life...I'm thinking it's time for a change...any of you guys or gals ever done this?? Did it work? Any advice, I could use...I'm really thinking about this hard...I guess I just want what you guys have....a life...thanks.......

Jbb
05-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Choo Choo Charlie.......was an Engineer.....:220v:

LakeTrash
05-07-2007, 03:46 AM
The one thing I know for sure - life is too short to spend doing something you hate.
Wife & I have made three major shifts and damn - the last one worked.
Do it.
LT

JetBoatRich
05-07-2007, 03:50 AM
I.I guess I just want what you guys have....a life...thanks.......
This would be nice:rolleyes: spend way to many hours working:idea:

shueman
05-07-2007, 04:44 AM
My daddy told me that work is 'buying back the free time in your life'. Follow your passion...

Old Texan
05-07-2007, 05:07 AM
If you hate what you're doing and have an offer at something better, where's the "hard" part of the decision?

Jbb
05-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Im thinkin of changing my profession too.....
any suggestions?................:D

racecar.hotshoe
05-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Testicle juggling.........:D

Debbolas
05-07-2007, 06:00 AM
fluffer?
;)
(It is Traci Lords B-day today)

Jbb
05-07-2007, 06:01 AM
fluffer?
;)
(It is Traci Lords B-day today)
Happy Birthday Traci!

Thorsinc
05-07-2007, 06:12 AM
Quit talking about it, grab your balls and make the change. It sounds good from your post. I have no sympathy for people that are stuck in their jobs that hate it. They will continue to be miserable because of the fear of change. Don’t be that person!

havasu522
05-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Funny you would post this .. After 31 years with G.M. I left have decided to take summer off and look at a new way to make money Sick of cars...:idea:

justfloatn
05-07-2007, 07:10 AM
I made a move after 11yrs in my last job in a fleet service shop. I started getting burnt at about year 7. I started taking night classes and putting the feelers out. I landed a great job as an estimator with a grading contractor last year. I love it. The money is still not as good as the last job, but my wife and all my friends have commented on how happy I am now. I was turning into a real negative jerk before. It's hard not to be negative when you spend all day at a job you hate. If you have that many years experience and leave on good terms you can always go back if it doesn't work out. If you're not happy, make the move!

photo chick
05-07-2007, 07:24 AM
I was a corp accountant for 11 years. I got so fed up with the take overs and quit.... I hope to never have to go back to that profession! It's been 9 years and I don't miss it or the political crap that came with it, best thing I ever did!

yopengo
05-07-2007, 07:26 AM
The only thing that would concern me would be the benefits you may loose. I quit a high paying high stress job after twelve years and started my own business. The first three years were hell but we are reaping the rewards now. I have never been one to play it safe and if you are not happy and already have a good offer then go for it. Fock you only live once and you cant take it with you. I live for my family, having fun with my friends in Havasu, and hopefully meeting a few more HB peps this summer. So if your new opportunity gives you more free time then go for it…just my 02.
Maybe you can hang with Kilr in the channel more. :D

topless
05-07-2007, 08:29 AM
You can do it!!!!!

boatsnblondes
05-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I think I will look more into it...I talked to Chris..she says anything I want, she supports me......doesn't get much better than that.....I'll let ya guys know how it goes....:D