PDA

View Full Version : RIP UFC Jeremy Williams

HM
05-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Jeremy Williams, owner of APEX Jiu Jitsu died this weekend. Jeremy ran APEX in the down stairs of our office building in Mission Viejo. Jeremy himself is a UFC champ as well as other associtions. He was really a great guy. The Crushin Russian trained under Jeremy. You can check out his website at www.apexjiujitsu.com. He leaves a pregnant wife and daughter. God rest his soul.

LLGirl
05-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Jeremy Williams, owner of APEX Jiu Jitsu died this weekend. Jeremy ran APEX in the down stairs of our office building in Mission Viejo. Jeremy himself is a UFC champ as well as other associtions. He was really a great guy. The Crushin Russian trained under Jeremy. You can check out his website at www.apexjiujitsu.com. He leaves a pregnant wife and daughter. God rest his soul.
Wow - I must admit I was a little surprised to see this on here. Jeremy is my husband's coach. This was VERY shocking and VERY unexpected. It's been a very sad weekend for us, especially my husband. He was such a great, genuine human being, my husband will forever be greatful for knowing him.
I would like to say though, that Jeremy never fought in the UFC. He fought in KOTC, and currently was with the OC Condors with the IFL. He was definitely on his way to the UFC though.
RIP Jeremy.

Mrs.Racer277
05-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Wow - I must admit I was a little surprised to see this on here. Jeremy is my husband's coach. This was VERY shocking and VERY unexpected. It's been a very sad weekend for us, especially my husband. He was such a great, genuine human being, my husband will forever be greatful for knowing him.
I would like to say though, that Jeremy never fought in the UFC. He fought in KOTC, and currently was with the OC Condors with the IFL. He was definitely on his way to the UFC though.
RIP Jeremy.
Godspeed Jeremy

32sunrkt
05-07-2007, 09:42 AM
How ?

78Eliminator
05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Suicide, but it's not official yet.
http://www.mmatorch.com/artman/publish/article_462.shtml

HM
05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't know anything about the fighting world. So, I appologize for the incorrect fighting association.

LLGirl
05-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't know anything about the fighting world. So, I appologize for the incorrect fighting association.
No worries, I just felt the need to clarify.

Brady Bunch
05-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Very Sad news....... RIP!

INI
05-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Rip Jw....wow
Sad News
:(

LLGirl
05-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Holy Moly, are you directly upstairs from the gym? If so, I have probably seen you come and go a thousand times. HI!
I am one of Jeremy's fighters. This was a huge blow to everyone. Family and friends alike. We all love Jeremy very much and are deeply saddened by what has transpired. This has completely devastated us. There is forever a piece of my heart that left with him. Words can not express the way we all feel about him.
Farewell my friend! We miss you and love you very much. We are all better having known you.
mrll

HM
05-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Holy Moly, are you directly upstairs from the gym? If so, I have probably seen you come and go a thousand times. HI!
I am one of Jeremy's fighters. This was a huge blow to everyone. Family and friends alike. We all love Jeremy very much and are deeply saddened by what has transpired. This has completely devastated us. There is forever a piece of my heart that left with him. Words can not express the way we all feel about him.
Farewell my friend! We miss you and love you very much. We are all better having known you.
mrll
Yep, I am directly upstairs - walk thru Apex to the stairs on the left. I am the shorter of the two guys you probably see, since there are only two guys working up there. My partner was very good friends with Jeremy (Jim - tall balding guy with a light beard). He took it hard because he has known Jeremy for many years. Jeremy actually rented from Jim. It really is a shock as Jeremy was always someone who seemed to focus on the positive. Jeremy's dad came by today and cleared up a few things and asked us to keep the door locked. I saw Jeremy on Friday night and I joked about needing to have my azz kicked...into shape.
Grab me next time you see me and introduce yourself.

LLGirl
05-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Will introduce myself next time.
R.I.P. Jer you are terribly missed.
mrll

Mrs.Racer277
05-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Will introduce myself next time.
R.I.P. Jer you are terribly missed.
mrll
Mr.LL very sorry to hear this. :(

shippingguy
05-08-2007, 11:22 AM
I just got home from the river an hour ago and got the word from my best friend. I have known Jeremy for quite some time now. I am very saddened by this news. Jeremy will be missed and my thoughts and prayers go out to his wife whom is 4 months pregnant and his daughter Brooklyn(2 years old) and the rest of his family.
Jeremy was a geat fighter, but an even better person who had a big heart and only had nice things to say about others.
RIP Jeremy you will be missed, but NOT FORGOTTEN!!!:(
Mike

LLGirl
05-08-2007, 07:13 PM
"the measure of a mans greatness comes not from his victories, but from the lives that he touched."
Jeremy touched the hearts of everyone he met. I saw, talked to , and trained with him every day. Can't explain how much he touched those around him.
Holy moly and shippingguy, Jeremy's memorial service is monday if you are interested I can PM you the info.

UltraClean
05-08-2007, 07:30 PM
ya read about that on sherdog....sad to hear the news. godspeed

shippingguy
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
"the measure of a mans greatness comes not from his victories, but from the lives that he touched."
Jeremy touched the hearts of everyone he met. I saw, talked to , and trained with him every day. Can't explain how much he touched those around him.
Holy moly and shippingguy, Jeremy's memorial service is monday if you are interested I can PM you the info.
Please PM me the info. Again, Jeremy will be missed by many, but not forgotten for sure!!:(
Here is the link off the website for Jeremy's tribute for those interested. Hope it works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNiJ2sXyr8o

HM
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Please PM me the info. Again, Jeremy will be missed by many, but not forgotten for sure!!:(
Here is the link off the website for Jeremy's tribute for those interested. Hope it works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNiJ2sXyr8o
That is a great tribute. I didn't know Jeremy very well at all even though I spoke with him weekly for the last year and a half. What I really liked about him was his attitude and concern for everyone. And that attitude seemed to be wide spread with his crew. They were all some major bad boy azz kicking kind of guys, but no one sported the bad boy 'tude.
I will definitely miss him more than I had ever imagined.

shippingguy
05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
That is a great tribute. I didn't know Jeremy very well at all even though I spoke with him weekly for the last year and a half. What I really liked about him was his attitude and concern for everyone. And that attitude seemed to be wide spread with his crew. They were all some major bad boy azz kicking kind of guys, but no one sported the bad boy 'tude.
I will definitely miss him more than I had ever imagined.
I thought so too. That is the truth. Jeremy was very mellow.

LLGirl
05-09-2007, 05:18 AM
Decided to post this in case anyone else knows him and is interested.
memorial will be at Coast Hills Community Church
5 pursuit, Aliso Viejo 92656
Monday may 14th, 12pm

imnigel
05-10-2007, 01:13 AM
JEREMYS FAMILY HAS ASKED ME TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THE ORIGINAL TIME AND PLACE (MONDAY MAY 14TH 3:00PM AT SADDLEBACK CHURCH) IS NO LONGER WHERE THE FUNERAL SERVICES WILL BE HELD. THEY HAVE ALSO ASKED ME TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THEY ARE WORKING ALL DAY TO FIND A SUITABLE FACILITY TO ACCOMMODATE THE HUGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE EXPECTED TO ATTEND JEREMYS SERVICES. AS SOON AS A TIME AND PLACE IS ORCHESTRATED BY JEREMYS FAMILY THEY WILL IN FORM THE IFL WHOM WILL THEN POST THE INFORMATION ON THEIR WEBSITE ( http://www.ifl.tv/ ) . I AM ASKING YOU AS A PERSONAL FAVOR TO JEREMYS FAMILY TO PLEASE HELP ME PASS THE WORD ALONG TO YOUR FRIENDS AND ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THE FUNERAL SERVICES FOR OUR DEAR FRIEND JEREMY " THE SPIDER" WILLIAMS.
PLEASE REPOST THIS WITH THE SAME TITLE . THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS
*KEV$HIVE*
Hey friends of Jeremy or even if your just fight fans go to http://www.nogi.com/ and pick up a jeremy williams memorial t shirt... doenst matter if you train at apex or have no idea what apex is. all the procedes go to his wife with a baby on the way and his young daughter, so its a good cause for good people.
R.I.P. Jeremy
Please repost this you will be part of something good.
I can not stress enough how big of a deal one t shirt will mean to his family. Please if u r my friend or if u barely no me, jeremy or anyone that knows him the least u can do is REPOST THIS. Thank u ahead of time you are doing a tremendous favor to everyone he touched.-Nick Lerario Team APEX-

LLGirl
05-10-2007, 03:34 AM
imnigel, thanks for reposting Nick's thread. How'd you do that???? I tried to copy from another site and couldn't. Stupid computers.

shippingguy
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Thanks for posting this. I just bought 2 shirts and forwarded this to my friends that knew Jeremy. I will also forward to others.
Even if you did not know Jeremy if you can pickup up a shirt. $25 will go a long way for Jeremy's family and especially Lauren his wife (4 months pregnant) and his daughter Brooklyn (2 years old).
RIP Jeremy!!

LLGirl
05-10-2007, 09:30 AM
I think Lauren is actually around 7 months now. Another daughter. They already have a name picked out for her. The shirt proceeds will help a ton. His parents will also be starting a trust soon for his girls. All his friends will likely donate to the trust also. Jeremy would have done the same for us without question.
shippingguy check your PM's

imnigel
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
imnigel, thanks for reposting Nick's thread. How'd you do that???? I tried to copy from another site and couldn't. Stupid computers.
No problem. Jeremy and my brother-in-law (Brian Formes) where very close. ItÂ’s the least I could do.
Rest with love Jeremy.

INI
05-10-2007, 01:36 PM
I just bought a dozen shirts....all shapes and sizes...
JW was a good man...Always had your back..
Support his family. He would have done the same for you...
RIP
:boxingguy