PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Heat

Community
05-08-2007, 01:24 PM
I remember seeing a Nordic Heat with twin outdrives and a single engine - how did this setup work with the engine weight savings and a second drive? I think it was an IMCO project?

burtandnancy2
05-08-2007, 06:27 PM
It is Randy Davis prime race boat. A 21' ski boat, Paul Pfaff Blown motor, IMCO splitter and two IMCO SC drives. Goes like crazy, handles well, turns good, no chine walking. He pulls Todd Haig in the circles and marathons with this set up.

BADAXE
05-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Yea that one also Burt but I think their talking about a 35' Nordic that someone did a single blower motor with the imco splitter dual drive deal.

Community
05-10-2007, 07:40 AM
I could have sworn it was a Heat, all red, with IMCO on the side. Was at the LA show a few years back in the lobby. I was wondering how it worked with splitting the power etc. Did not see a 21, but that would be nice.

wildbillg
05-10-2007, 07:47 AM
It was a 35 that was set up with a Phaff motor and a dual drive. was a special built boat for a race to sanfran and yes it was IMCO red and white boat.
The boat was sold to a private party and then BLEW up when he ran 91 octane in the motor, after that I dont know where the boat went.
It was not a 28 Heat but was a 35 Flame.
Was in the lobby of the LA Boat show 2-3 years ago.