PDA

View Full Version : New AO deck boat pictures...

Jesster
05-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Here are some pictures of the new AO deckboat. They are now made in SoCal with full gel options available. This is the 1st one out of the new mold.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/Front_Side.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/Side2.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/Front4.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/Walk_Through.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/Back1.JPG

Partycattin
05-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Is that the same as the AO's that came out last year or so. Essentially the Conquest deckboat?

catman-do
05-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Nice! Like said above, does look like a Conquest.

DeltaSigBoater
05-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Looked at the AO site last night thought the same thing it does look like Conquest.
Where in SoCal is AO at?

beach gomer
05-08-2007, 07:08 PM
What's the web site?

Goodtime$
05-08-2007, 07:20 PM
The boats are being layed up in Moreno Valley at the Genesis Boats new facility.
American-Offshore.Com is their site. First boat has been delivered, Second one is already out of the mold and a new 26 AO Cat is next in.
Great boats with a killer introductory price this year.

DeltaSigBoater
05-08-2007, 07:20 PM
American Offshore's Web Site
http://www.american-offshore.com/

XtrmWakeborder
05-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I like them! I wonder how the fit and finish is.

DAB
05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Just a question, if the first is out of the mold and the second is on it's way....then why do they show 5-6 different ones on their web-site?? Some of them look like a nice photoshop job....:idea:

Hardly Satisfied
05-08-2007, 07:56 PM
doesn't look bad, what's the price , speed

XtrmWakeborder
05-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Just a question, if the first is out of the mold and the second is on it's way....then why do they show 5-6 different ones on their web-site?? Some of them look like a nice photoshop job....:idea:
old style?

Goodtime$
05-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Second one built in CA, i believe the first AO decks were layed up in Texas.

DAB
05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Second one built in CA, i believe the first AO decks were layed up in Texas.Good to know..

Partycattin
05-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Last year I saw an AO and a Conquest parked side by side near the bridge. They looked exactly the same. I think the only difference I noticed was the angle of the plexi windshield.
Paging Keith Sayre: we need some info....

Partycattin
05-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Found it.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110034&highlight=conquest+deck

DeltaSigBoater
05-08-2007, 08:24 PM
So did American Offshore move its entire opperation out to So Cal or is part of it still in Texas?

Jesster
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Feeling a little suspicious today... :D The ones on the web site are all from the Texas builder. The one I posted is the 1st one out of the new mold at the Moreno Valley facility. Some changes were made to the top half of the old mold. The front swim step is now integrated into the mold, the drivers area has been changed and now has the throttle built into the mold instead of a pod attached to the bulkhead. The rear swim step has also been changed so the x-dimension can be raised to be the same as the 26 AO hull this was designed from. It now has a walkthrough with storage beneath (I personally like mine better without) They are also changing the ski locker doors so they have integrated billet hinges as well as making the ice chest door and cabin door fiberglass to match the rest of the layup. I stopped in and saw this before it was taken to Phoenix and was very impressed. If you have seen the quality of the Genesis gel and layup then you know what I mean. I think there are some changes yet to come like different stainless rails but I don’t know how they will change yet.
I wish I would have waited a year to buy mine now. :) Not really then I would have been boatless last year. :(

Jesster
05-08-2007, 08:38 PM
doesn't look bad, what's the price , speed
I dont know what the price is yet, but as far as speed goes mine (496HO) with 1/2 tanks and 4 adults in it will do 64.3 GPS that includes the Phat Buddy tower and a lot of stereo equipment, which is pretty much just like 2 more passenger.

aoffshore1
05-08-2007, 08:41 PM
very nice ao ,i have an ao 26 nsx

ManOnTheRun
05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I dont know what the price is yet, but as far as speed goes mine (496HO) with 1/2 tanks and 4 adults in it will do 64.3 GPS that includes the Phat Buddy tower and a lot of stereo equipment, which is pretty much just like 2 more passenger.
any photos of yours? Seen any AOs with a 525? How do you think having over 40 magic decks still for sale and several used too going to affect these?
Thanks for the post.

Jesster
05-08-2007, 09:03 PM
any photos of yours? Seen any AOs with a 525? How do you think having over 40 magic decks still for sale and several used too going to affect these?
Thanks for the post.
Not being sure where they will be priced but assuming close to where mine was I would say that after poeple get a look at the new boat, including the fit an finish will probably have less hesitation spending 20K or more less than a similiarly configured Magic or Conquest. But time will tell, its a very competitive, tough market segment to be in but they are also going to be offering their full line of cats, a twin engine 33' deck based off their 31 cat which is a phenomenal hull purchased from Chris Cat and possibly a V bottom.

ManOnTheRun
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Not being sure where they will be priced but assuming close to where mine was I would say that after poeple get a look at the new boat, including the fit an finish will probably have less hesitation spending 20K or more less than a similiarly configured Magic or Conquest. But time will tell, its a very competitive, tough market segment to be in but they are also going to be offering their full line of cats, a twin engine 33' deck based off their 31 cat which is a phenomenal hull purchased from Chris Cat and possibly a V bottom.
You work for AO...Jk
wow, they're going after it! the 33 deck sounds sick.

Jesster
05-09-2007, 05:29 PM
So did American Offshore move its entire opperation out to So Cal or is part of it still in Texas?
No, the entire operation is in SoCal as of last month.

DAB
05-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Feeling a little suspicious today... :D The ones on the web site are all from the Texas builder. The one I posted is the 1st one out of the new mold at the Moreno Valley facility. Some changes were made to the top half of the old mold. The front swim step is now integrated into the mold, the drivers area has been changed and now has the throttle built into the mold instead of a pod attached to the bulkhead. The rear swim step has also been changed so the x-dimension can be raised to be the same as the 26 AO hull this was designed from. It now has a walkthrough with storage beneath (I personally like mine better without) They are also changing the ski locker doors so they have integrated billet hinges as well as making the ice chest door and cabin door fiberglass to match the rest of the layup. I stopped in and saw this before it was taken to Phoenix and was very impressed. If you have seen the quality of the Genesis gel and layup then you know what I mean. I think there are some changes yet to come like different stainless rails but I don’t know how they will change yet.
I wish I would have waited a year to buy mine now. :) Not really then I would have been boatless last year. :(
No not suspicious... just curious:D .. I always like to see operations expanding, moving West.. moving East... etc..etc.. Overall it's great for everyone involved. I look at it from my own business/career to see what folks are doing....and if people are expanding hopefully there's a little hope for us who depend on domestic manufacturing of all types...
David

Jesster
05-10-2007, 08:30 AM
very nice ao ,i have an ao 26 nsx
Same bottom as the deck boat. Out of curiosity what's in yours and how fast?
Something else that has been talked about and taken as fact is that all these boats have the same bottom and are a Talon splash, but from what I understand they are (or at least the AO) a Python bottom. Who knows maybe the Python is a Talon splash or vice versa but I thought that was interesting. Anybody have any other info on this?
This is the same bottom as the Conquest, and many others but since AO used their own bottom from their 26' and the 26' has been around longer than any of the Deck boats draw your own conclusions on who splashed who. The top does look suspiciously like a conquest though huh. :D