PDA

View Full Version : Rex ur killin' me

75MillerJet
05-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Ordered the 6-1/2" round vicious billet speaker grills in powdercoated red 5 weeks ago. Was told 2 weeks when I placed the order, called back 2 weeks later and they told me another 2 weeks. Just called TODAY and they said AT LEAST 3 more weeks! I'd say you guys need a new powdercoater.

460 jus getn it
05-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Ordered the 6-1/2" round vicious billet speaker grills in powdercoated red 5 weeks ago. Was told 2 weeks when I placed the order, called back 2 weeks later and they told me another 2 weeks. Just called TODAY and they said AT LEAST 3 more weeks! I'd say you guys need a new powdercoater.
Fyi, these things never go over well. You might want to pm rex and talk it over with him. Dont just start calling people out, will not end up good for you.

blown428fe
05-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Fyi, these things never go over well. You might want to pm rex and talk it over with him. Dont just start calling people out, will not end up good for you.
Yeah, I second that.

El Prosecutor
05-09-2007, 07:49 AM
. . . specially with one of the good guys!

75MillerJet
05-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Calling people out? I've called on the phone several times now. I'm just asking for a simple explanation and a possible solution so I can either choose something else or look somewhere else. I wasn't getting too far on the phone so I thought I'd give it a try on here. I never asked for your 2 cents so by replying to a message that was never intended for you, ur just drawing more attention to it. I wouldn't have gone straight to Rex Marine if if weren't for all the great reviews I've heard. Unless ur some company rep who can give me 100% accurate answers, you might wanna just leave this to Rex and I.

Goad
05-09-2007, 08:47 AM
you might wanna just leave this to Rex and I.
then why are you discussing this on a public forum?

460 jus getn it
05-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Calling people out? I've called on the phone several times now. I'm just asking for a simple explanation and a possible solution so I can either choose something else or look somewhere else. I wasn't getting too far on the phone so I thought I'd give it a try on here. I never asked for your 2 cents so by replying to a message that was never intended for you, ur just drawing more attention to it. I wouldn't have gone straight to Rex Marine if if weren't for all the great reviews I've heard. Unless ur some company rep who can give me 100% accurate answers, you might wanna just leave this to Rex and I.
Fish on
Hey sally, if you didnt want people to respond then you should have just pmed this to rex and left it im pm's.
As for you asking me for my 2 cents, you dont have to ask i will gladly give it to you. I just happend to be the one who said something, but anyone else who saw this thought the same thing.

Taylorman
05-09-2007, 08:51 AM
So why dont you pick up the phone and ask for Rex one instead of taking your problems on here.

Sleek-Jet
05-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Call Rexmarine and ask for Mike... he'll get thing straightened out for you.

AZKC
05-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Did you order these from their catalog:D

lilrick
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
you might wanna just leave this to Rex and I.
You should have that about that before posting this on a public forum. Next time send a PM.

blown428fe
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
As for my .02 try a P.M YOU DUMB ASS.

Kachina26
05-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Now that we're at it, where is my catalog???? I ordered that thing years ago!

lucky
05-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey i got a free pair of red speaker covers with my parts that i GOT THE NEXT DAY :D they are sweeeeeet :D

djunkie
05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
:devil: :devil:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30481&stc=1&d=1178742599

squirt'nmyload
05-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Fish on
Hey sally, if you didnt want people to respond then you should have just pmed this to rex and left it im pm's.
As for you asking me for my 2 cents, you dont have to ask i will gladly give it to you. I just happend to be the one who said something, but anyone else who saw this thought the same thing.
classic :D

pw_Tony
05-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Poor guy... can't he just have his first amendment internet reign? Hahaha

djunkie
05-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Come on guys, give this poor guy a break. Maybe hes got a valid argument here. Although in the past Rex has been able to smash threads like this with the truth. :D :D

HammerDown
05-09-2007, 12:49 PM
This is NOT the place...a simple PM to REX would suffice.

djunkie
05-09-2007, 12:53 PM
I really think you should have left that thread open so we can at least get Rex's story. Theres been lots of other threads where people have had problems with companies and they were left open. Its good for us as consumers to get the straight scoop on this stuff. If someone has a problem with a company I wanna hear about. Not that I've had any problem with Rex Marine what so ever. But its still good to get the input form others..........

Kilrtoy
05-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh this is gonna be good

djunkie
05-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh this is gonna be good
Ya it should be. Shouldn't be long before its deleted or locked. I'm in NO way bashing Rex marine. I've had nothing but the best experiences with them. Always on time with shipping and the products are great. But just because a guy has a problem with them I don't think his thread should be closed. Give Rex a chance to come on a set it straight. Hes a stand up guy and I'm sure theres another story to it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Ya it should be. Shouldn't be long before its deleted or locked. I'm in NO way bashing Rex marine. I've had nothing but the best experiences with them. Always on time with shipping and the products are great. But just because a guy has a problem with them I don't think his thread should be closed. Give Rex a chance to come on a set it straight. Hes a stand up guy and I'm sure theres another story to it.
I didn't see the thread. But Rex is a stand up guy and he is a MAN of his word. :)

Baja Big Dog
05-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Who deleted the thread and why?:confused:

djunkie
05-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I didn't see the thread. But Rex is a stand up guy and he is a MAN of his word. :)
Here you go. http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149913 There was a few more posts involved but it seems the mods have deleted them....

HammerDown
05-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I really think you should have left that thread open so we can at least get Rex's story. Theres been lots of other threads where people have had problems with companies and they were left open. Its good for us as consumers to get the straight scoop on this stuff. If someone has a problem with a company I wanna hear about. Not that I've had any problem with Rex Marine what so ever. But its still good to get the input form others..........
Rex can address it on a public Forum if he feels the need to, and I'm sure he will. I sent him a PM about it. He can also re-open it or do what ever he wants.
From the request of endless amounts of members (Jetters), I'm trying to keep Just Jets about Jet Tech and send the inappropriate material elsewhere or remove it...this is what the majority of the Jetters want and after all it is a "Jet Tech" area.

Devilman
05-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Here you go. http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149913 There was a few more posts involved but it seems the mods have deleted them....
I saw that. And to think all the effort 460 put into his posts on that thread..... just wasted..... LOL :D

djunkie
05-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Rex can address it on a public Forum if he feels the need to, and I'm sure he will. I sent him a PM about it. He can also re-open it or do what ever he wants.
From the request of endless amounts of members (Jetters), I'm trying to keep Just Jets about Jet Tech and send the inappropriate material elsewhere or remove it...this is what the majority of the Jetters want and after all it is a "Jet Tech" area.
That makes sense and I can understand that. How about just moving the thread to the sandbar instead?

squirt'nmyload
05-09-2007, 01:07 PM
I saw that. And to think all the effort 460 put into his posts on that thread..... just wasted..... LOL :D
lmao...thats what i was thinking :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Like I said before I didn't see the whole thread and from what I have seen in the post Rex really doesn't have anything to do with what was happening.
Like I said before. Rex is a stand up guy and he will be the Business Man he is and fix it.
<<<<<<<<<< Mrs vee loves Rex Marine.:D

HammerDown
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
That makes sense and I can understand that. How about just moving the thread to the sandbar instead?
Fair enough...Rex can address it here, if he likes.
I am one that feels things like this can be handled through a PM.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 01:15 PM
:jawdrop: so what would you have done if ***boat wasn't even here?
and by you posting a thread we all have an opinion because they are like ass holes.. Everyone has one.:D
just my opinion and 2 cents worth.

djunkie
05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Fair enough...Rex can address it here, if he likes.
I am one that feels things like this can be handled through a PM.
Thanks, and yes I agree a PM should have been sent. But this can be good for a vendor like Rex Marine. I believe in the past it has been also the way he comes on here and sets things like this straight.

460 jus getn it
05-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey 75millerjet....................................... ...........................................
I TOLD YA

460 jus getn it
05-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Huh, to think i was trying to keep the JET TECH area clean.
:D :D :D Dont tell anyone but i was really hoping it made it to the sanbar

2Driver
05-09-2007, 01:42 PM
in my gate. It's yours if you can get it out :D
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30482&stc=1&d=1178746881

djunkie
05-09-2007, 01:42 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3371/fagqg5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:D :D :D
:devil: :devil: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30483&stc=1&d=1178746918

Rexone
05-09-2007, 01:56 PM
While I agree this is a topic for a PM and such topics are easily handled with PM's (and generally faster than threads I don't find for awhile) I'll address it here since it was brought here.
The guy has a legitimate complaint. The below is not an excuse, just an explanation of the actual situation.
We use a special type of solvent for cleaning parts prior to powder. Using any other method simply produces inferior results in terms of contamination. Unfortunatley this solvent has been unavailable for the past month. The vendor we get the solvent from strung us out for over a month telling us next week, next week, next week. Its not something you can go to home depot and find.
So.. when my guys said 2 weeks initially that's what they believed to be true. Same with the second time they told you 2 more weeks. That's what the solvent vendor was feeding us.
I put up to 4 weeks on our website to cover unexpected stuff like this and it's usually sufficient and normally we ship faster than 4. In this case it obviously didn't happen.
We got the solvent finally the day before yesterday. We've been prepping parts since (including grills). I anticipate they're going to the coater tomorrow. That means they'll be back somewhere between a few days to 2 weeks, although I'm having them run red first so red should be on the front end of the time frame.
Believe me I hate situations like this where we get caught up waiting on other vendors and our delivery time gets destroyed in the process. I have a ton of orders that have overdue powder products involved right now as a result. I apologize for the delays. We will get these grills out just as soon as possible.

ULTRA26 # 1
05-09-2007, 02:01 PM
1st of all I began doing business with Rex over 8 years ago and had nothing but good experiences. However, If I was in market for 6-1/2" round vicious billet speaker grills in powdercoated red, this man's post would cause me to ask more questions prior to handing over the cash, which I see as a good thing. I don't see this post a taking cheap shots at, or bashing Rex, I see it as desperation from a guy who bought parts and would like to have them before summer is over. I have no doubt that Rex will stop buy and give 75MillerJet an honest answer.
Also, I don't believe that Rex will take exception to 75MillerJet's post.
Just my .02

Sleek-Jet
05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
That's the wrong color... :D

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
While I agree this is a topic for a PM and such topics are easily handled with PM's (and generally faster than threads I don't find for awhile) I'll address it here since it was brought here.
The guy has a legitimate complaint. The below is not an excuse, just an explanation of the actual situation.
We use a special type of solvent for cleaning parts prior to powder. Using any other method simply produces inferior results in terms of contamination. Unfortunatley this solvent has been unavailable for the past month. The vendor we get the solvent from strung us out for over a month telling us next week, next week, next week. Its not something you can go to home depot and find.
So.. when my guys said 2 weeks initially that's what they believed to be true. Same with the second time they told you 2 more weeks. That's what the solvent vendor was feeding us.
We got the solvent finally the day before yesterday. We've been prepping parts since (including grills). I anticipate they're going to the coater tomorrow. That means they'll be back somewhere between a few days to 2 weeks, although I'm having them run red first so red should be on the front end of the time frame.
Believe me I hate situations like this where we get caught up waiting on other vendors and our delivery time gets destroyed in the process. I have a ton of orders that have overdue powder products involved right now as a result. I apologize for the delays. We will get these grills out just as soon as possible.
Cheers for Rex, but I must say threads like this are needed to let comsumers like myself know if there is a customer service issue....it may or may NOT determined whether I would want to pursue a business dealing with a company with customer service issues.... I left one boat mfg because of what I precieved as poor Customer Service and found another boat mfg with great customer service. I am in the businees of wholesale to OEM's in North/Central and South America's and believe me when I say they do not want to hear how my sub-contractor fell through with my dealings and this will delay their delivery date. My vendors only do this once to my business then it's off to another vendor. I tend to pay a higher price for dependability & honesty in my business.
To all the band wagon loyal HB'ers....kudo's to you for the support but let peeps express their situation....like all of you have said many times..."There are 3 sides to every story"

Sleek-Jet
05-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Cheers for Rex, but I must say threads like this are needed to let comsumers like myself know if there is a customer service issue....it may or may NOT determined whether I would want to pursue a business dealing with a company with customer service issues.... I left one boat mfg because of what I precieved as poor Customer Service and found another boat mfg with great customer service. I am in the businees of wholesale to OEM's in North/Central and South America's and believe me when I say they do not want to hear how my sub-contractor fell through with my dealings and this will delay their delivery date. My vendors only do this once to my business then it's off to another vendor. I tend to pay a higher price for dependability & honesty in my business.
To all the band wagon loyal HB'ers....kudo's to you for the support but let peeps express their situation....like all of you have said many times..."There are 3 sides to every story"
Yes... but the accusitory tone of the original post and subsiquent replies from the guy told me he was slinging shit...
Rex isn't that hard to get ahold of...
That being said... I sure would like a catalog... anyone know who to call at Rexmarine to get one??? :D

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes... but the accusitory tone of the original post and subsiquent replies from the guy told me he was slinging shit...
Rex isn't that hard to get ahold of...
That being said... I sure would like a catalog... anyone know who to call at Rexmarine to get one??? :D
Me too, put me on that list:D

Brady Bunch
05-09-2007, 03:05 PM
So when you read the first post did you read it to yourself in your best Accusatory tone.....:jawdrop: :D j/k
I love Rex Marine....... The catalog is great too :rolleyes:

TahitiTiger
05-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Dealing with Rex was definately a pleasure to deal with. And he was very quick to make sure I was a happy customer, and that my weekend fun was not compromised. :D
To be honest I am glad the catalog is not out yet, I would be broke :D

OCMerrill
05-09-2007, 03:31 PM
How in the hell are you going to get that thing out? :) :)
I know maybe drop a string, unbolt the gate, cut it into small pieces, pour some ky down the top of the tubing, and pull it out with pliers.
I think maybe duct tape on the pliers so as to not scratch to polish/powder coat. I have seen this somewhere before.:idea:
If you leave it there to long it will get to hot to touch in the middle of the day. It will die in there and forever play music by the Bee Gees.
:D :D :D

77charger
05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
if you're still waitn for a catalog it is more than 5 weeks.hell even 5 years.:D
Also if some one wants to air their frustration out whats wrong with that.I am sure if if it were some other company that stalled someone all the ***boat flamers would be all over that even if they were on this site and most hypocites here would have no problem with it being public.
I have done bus with rexmarine before i have stated i was unhappy at times with customer service there this was at least 6 years ago.But have been back since and saw some improvement even got the wrong part and still used it cause i had no choice at the time rexone said to bring the tach back and he would exchange it for the one i wanted(done thru pm)But i just kept using it instead but i found the offer pretty cool.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Mike is a stand up guy. i had several q's for him and he responded immediately through the pm system. If you EVER have any issue with rexmar.com dont hesitate to pm mike!!!!!!

ViB
05-09-2007, 05:09 PM
I would like to add a little to this:
the problem with the 'residue' on the covers as they are shipped to Rex is due to our overpackaging and protecting the covers with both a clear plastic wrap and a foam wrap on every cover. The clear plastic wrap does not slide or move on the surface of the cover so it stays perfect. The foam wrap protects against minor impacts, shipping movements, etc.
Mike has asked us, and we have modified our packaging on future shipments to not use this clear plastic inner wrap so that the powdercoating process will be easier and faster for the ultimate customer.
Please understand, this is NOT Rex's fault! Mike is just ensuring that the powedercoating is done properly.
thank you,
Stu

Rexone
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I would like to add a little to this:
the problem with the 'residue' on the covers as they are shipped to Rex is due to our overpackaging and protecting the covers with both a clear plastic wrap and a foam wrap on every cover. The clear plastic wrap does not slide or move on the surface of the cover so it stays perfect. The foam wrap protects against minor impacts, shipping movements, etc.
Mike has asked us, and we have modified our packaging on future shipments to not use this clear plastic inner wrap so that the powdercoating process will be easier and faster for the ultimate customer.
Please understand, this is NOT Rex's fault! Mike is just ensuring that the powedercoating is done properly.
thank you,
Stu
Thanks Stu,
This particular situation went a little beyond that though. This solvent we use is critical for cleaning "all" our parts to remove any oil, dust, fingerprints, etc before racking. The inavailability of the solvent really threw a wrench in the spokes this past month (one of our busiest). I have 3 guys here right now working OT trying to get it all sorted out so we can get back on track with the coating. These speaker grills are the tip of the iceburg at the moment unfortunately. I have a pretty good stack of orders that are late over this one issue. But we will get it done.
btw I have no problem addressing anyones concerns here. I just prefer PM's to solve specific order issues as its generally faster and creates much less often unnecessary drama and gets the customer an accurate answer about what's up. All marine suppliers have problems to some extent with delivery at various times for various reasons. Rex Marine is not an exception to this fact. This time of year it's much worse because few are staffed (or can be) to handle the peak months of May-June. We try very hard to not have things slip through the cracks but sometimes it happens. When it does all we can do is apologize and correct whatever it is as quick as possible.

Rexone
05-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Do you guys powder in house or send it out? The reason I ask is because our coater cleans all our stuff for us. You guys might have too much to make that happen.
We use an outside vendor. It works out better if we clean and mask our own stuff for several reasons. (obviously not so well in this particular case tho).

Jordy
05-09-2007, 06:34 PM
RD Sux. :D

shueman
05-09-2007, 06:41 PM
The new plumbing works like a charm...:)

75MillerJet
05-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Wow i think i brought out all the geeks of ***boat who use this site as a substitute for myspace. Do you people (and you know who you are) realize that this is not a soap opera, its a place to get info on boating and all the things that come with it. When did I ever say anything of a "bashing" nature to Rex? Those of you that mentioned the fact that SEVERAL topics like this are posted on these forums about other companies/people are RIGHT ON. You guys love it when you get the inside scoop on some scammer on HB but you throw a hissy fit when I post a simple message asking for a simple answer? Its almost like some of you (once again, you know who are) think ur gonna get free parts for kissing rex's ass. Get a life. Rex put it out there for everyone to see just like he should've. I think some of you just like to get ur post count up.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
:jawdrop: :D :D :D

djunkie
05-09-2007, 07:34 PM
:jawdrop: :D :D :D
:p :p :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 07:38 PM
:p :p :p
:idea: :D :D

SandbarScot
05-09-2007, 08:03 PM
My slide anchor, box anchor, and dock lines just arrived via UPS today. Thanks REX:D