PDA

View Full Version : Hotropes.com??

Ultracrazy
02-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Any body dealt with this company? Having some communication issues with them and wondering if it's a lost cause.
Thanks.
UC

ChumpChange
02-09-2006, 10:24 AM
nope. Get all mine through mooringlines.com

superdave013
02-09-2006, 10:32 AM
before you buy from an internet site always click on the contact info.
I just clicked on theirs and this is what it has:
Hot Ropes by Havasu Magik
Lake Havasu City
Arizona 86406 USA
Phone: 928.486.4285
Fax: 928.453.8030
Note that there is no real address. Humm..... That right there is a sign of someone doing it out of their house as a side gig. Not that that is a bad thing but it does show that's not their main foucs. You want to communication with them but they are so busy flipping burgers at their main job that you might be on the back burner so to speak.

Ultracrazy
02-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Lake Havasu City
Arizona 86406 USA
Note that there is no real address. Humm..... That right there is a sign of someone doing it out of their house as a side gig. Not that that is a bad thing but it does show that's not their main foucs. You want to communication with them but they are so busy flipping burgers at their main job that you might be on the back burner so to speak.
Yep...........I called the # listed and got a personal cell phone (female). Then I called the web designer..........it's the husband of the owner of hotropes. Placed an order on the 30th of Jan.......still pending. Not looking good.
UC

superdave013
02-09-2006, 10:44 AM
that's really only 8 biz days. So it's a little early to think you are getting ripped off. But if something is on back order they should tell you right away so you have to option to do what ya gotta do.
I use the same shopping cart on my site. It's pretty nice but I only list the items I stock really deep. Back orders suck and keeping track of them is worse.

Mandelon
02-09-2006, 10:47 AM
They may drop ship from somewhere else.....

Ultracrazy
02-09-2006, 11:35 AM
that's really only 8 biz days. So it's a little early to think you are getting ripped off. But if something is on back order they should tell you right away so you have to option to do what ya gotta do.
I use the same shopping cart on my site. It's pretty nice but I only list the items I stock really deep. Back orders suck and keeping track of them is worse.
Not saying I'm getting ripped off..........just asking if someone knows of this business. I have called and e-mailed with no response. A call or email would be nice.
UC

Mtg Pro
02-10-2006, 06:48 AM
I had the same issue last year. The only way I got them to return a call was when I faxed them my phone number.

H20Advantage
02-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Wasn't he at the boat show this year??? Might have been out of town.

Quality Time
02-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Wasn't he at the boat show this year??? Might have been out of town.
The only vendor I came across was Top Knot aka mooringlines.com.

HM
02-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Lake Havasu City
Arizona 86406 USA
I once bought some braided hose and fittings from some dude running his business out of his garage. Wasn't a bad deal but I heard he liked to ride his mountain bike without a seat. :D

superdave013
02-10-2006, 10:39 AM
I once bought some braided hose and fittings from some dude running his business out of his garage. Wasn't a bad deal but I heard he liked to ride his mountain bike without a seat. :D
but he called you back right away. That's why he quickly out grew his garage.
And on the other: that's funny coming from an old spandex wearing XC fag. :)

HM
02-10-2006, 12:10 PM
but he called you back right away. That's why he quickly out grew his garage.
And on the other: that's funny coming from an old spandex wearing XC fag. :)
LOL - bib short spandex without a shirt. :boxed:

One Particular Harbor
02-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Ordered two different sets of lines from them in the past two years. One was a rush order on custom lengths for a Christmas gift and they got them to me with time to spare.
Was missing a line out of my initial order and they quickly sent out a second shipment, with the missing line, no questions asked.
I am sure they are a home business, but my service has been good and the lines have held up well.
Good luck,
OPH