PDA

View Full Version : Dale JR.

blown65
05-09-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm not a huge Nascar follower but this is pretty big news IMO.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=jb-juniorleaves050907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Funny how most ppl were saying this wasn't going to happen.

AZKC
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Unfockin believable, That Witch got her way:mad:

riverroyal
05-09-2007, 04:33 PM
will be finished

Magic34
05-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Sad, the widow wont be able to run the team without them.
Why she didn't want out... sure we will hear later. Or they are making the announcement forcing the issue.
I can promise you this, Chevrolet put up some big money to keep JR from going Ford.

AZKC
05-09-2007, 04:43 PM
This is a pretty good read on it,
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AhXIEAY8ATgvrE9HTaCLceTov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-earnhardt-future&prov=ap&type=lgns
She wanted 75 mill for controling interest:sqeyes:

3 daytona`s
05-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm not a huge Nascar follower but this is pretty big news IMO.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=jb-juniorleaves050907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Funny how most ppl were saying this wasn't going to happen.
His father would be sick now,this is just one more nail in the coffin for NASCAR they are destroying the sport,which is not really related to Jr. but I hope he is not making a mistake,his sister is running the show for him. I think Tresa is screwed now.:confused:

Trailer Park Casanova
05-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Jr will do pretty good.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Dale SR started that company for the Dale JR and the other kids.....What a shame.....She has completely jacked that company up...

havasu5150
05-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Fire sale at the Dale JR trailer\\\Those $75 die cast collectables will now be $20

ClownRoyal
05-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Being a huge Sr & Jr fan, it's going to be interesting to see how much stuff will be on sale at DEI when were their in two weeks for the Coke 600, will be fun to see Jr's new shop:D
He and Truex will be at Jr Motorsports, supposedly powered by Hendrick motors.
We will be there too. Always a good time. Don't miss Friday and Saturday night street faire downtown Charlotte.
I don't think she gets the concept that Jr. is the draw. Duhh.:idea:

Boozer
05-09-2007, 07:36 PM
It's amazing what greed will do to people.
It's sad to see that she has ruined a great company founded by one of the best drivers in the history of the sport. Without Jr. and Truex, not to mention Budweiser, DEI will be nothing but a name. She got greedy, unreasonable and now will get exactly what she deserves.
On the plus side the name might be different but DEI will live on with JR's company. With Junior at the wheel and his sister running the business I think this is going to be a great venture for Junior and I'm sorry it took him so long to do this.

Boatcop
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
With the talks of a DEI and RYR (Yates) merger, and the Yates camp stating they are absolutely sticking with Ford (supplies engines to Rousch and RGM), JR, who is too heavily into Chevrolet, probably wants to stay with the Bowtie. And the $80 some-odd Million he would have to fork out to get controlling interest in DEI would be better spent on his own operation.
With JR and Truex gone, Paul Menard is the only Cup caliber driver left at DEI. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him driving a Ford in the Gordon Camp next year, with a lot of backing to Robby from his Dad.
But hell. This is NASCAR. Most of the rumors, unofficial reports and other Silly Season crap is for publicity or leverage anyway. :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I think JR. will be better off without a biatch in his ear and/or pocket. I hope she goes down faster then a ***** in a ***** house.:D

SoCal_fun
05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Hendrick should drop that fag Kyle and put Jr in that car. Supply JR motorsports with cars and engines to get them ready for the future.
Rock on JR!

abraman1326
05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
This is just sickening, and I hope it sin't true. I am a huge Earnhardt fan, both Jr, and Sr, and I always will be. I think this is just another NASCAR ploy, and really hope it isn't true. I'm sure it would be a great move for Jr, but I believe DEI is where he belongs, and where his father wanted him. If it's greed on Theresa's part, then I am all for Jr doing what's in his best interest, and not what she wants. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but she has to know that Jr is the only thing holding that company together. W/o Jr, the company is nothing but a name, and won't be worth the building their in. It'll be the start of a downward spiral, which I doubt they'll ever get out of. Maybe then, Jr could get control of the company he rightfuly deserves. This will be interesting...
BRA

77charger
05-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Fire sale at the Dale JR trailer\\\Those $75 die cast collectables will now be $20
And a 100bucks 10 years from now on ebay:D

cdog
05-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Jr.'s gonna kick ass with the best team in neckcar. He's a hell of a nice guy. It's too bad his C u on tuesday step mom did this to Sr. biz. GO 8!

AZJD
05-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Good for Jr. Go win some races now. DEI's engine program isn't what it used to be and it's obvious that Hendrick is killing it in the past 3 seasons.

AZJD
05-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Jr.'s gonna kick ass with the best team in neckcar. He's a hell of a nice guy. It's too bad his C u on tuesday step mom did this to Sr. biz. GO 8!
I am just assuming, but I don't think the 8 goes with him.......don't be surprised to see the #3 come back. Original rumor was that he would go drive for Childress and run the #3!
Fans will go nuts for that. I think it would be the best marketing move NASCAR could make.

Seadog
05-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Until the announcement is made tomorrow, no one will really know what will happen. I notice that everyone thinks that she is a baitch, but could it just be that she is a better business manager than Jr and she knows that he would screw things up? Jr is a market force, decent driver, but it could be that DEI will flourish without Jr. All the experts were convinced that Toyota would dominate Cup racing, yet look at their record. They will probably become a force to deal with eventually, but not this year.

77charger
05-09-2007, 08:44 PM
One ting to consider is that soon team owners can only own 4 cars hendrick already has 4.NO room for jr unless he drops one probably mears but jr starts his own team and gets hendrick chasis and power but not driving directly for hendricks.plus budweiser sponsor he now might make it to top 10 :D

TeamGreene
05-09-2007, 08:55 PM
One ting to consider is that soon team owners can only own 4 cars hendrick already has 4.NO room for jr unless he drops one probably mears but jr starts his own team and gets hendrick chasis and power but not driving directly for hendricks.plus budweiser sponsor he now might make it to top 10 :D
Hey read the press realesse he's gping to drive for "JR motorsports" not Hendrick he's just using HMS enigines and chassis. So the new car rule won't apply.

77charger
05-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey read the press realesse he's gping to drive for "JR motorsports" not Hendrick he's just using HMS enigines and chassis. So the new car rule won't apply.
yes i know that read again i said not driving for hendricks directly!but imo a way around the new rules also!
come on hendricks chasis and motors??Except he will get to call his own shots

cdog
05-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Until the announcement is made tomorrow, no one will really know what will happen. I notice that everyone thinks that she is a baitch, but could it just be that she is a better business manager than Jr and she knows that he would screw things up? Jr is a market force, decent driver, but it could be that DEI will flourish without Jr. All the experts were convinced that Toyota would dominate Cup racing, yet look at their record. They will probably become a force to deal with eventually, but not this year.
She's been called a dead beat owner. I think the sport is more expensive than ever and needs more cash than she's willing to give up. Toys dominate in the truck series but not so much in cup.

Kilrtoy
05-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I guess now he will go even further in the points race.
BACKWARDS THAT IS

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I guess now he will go even further in the points race.
BACKWARDS THAT IS
Thats cause he's so bad ass he can race backwards.:D

HCS
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
My toilets plug!

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 09:27 PM
My toilets plug!
really . plunge it.:D

HCS
05-09-2007, 09:29 PM
really . plunge it.:D
I knew you'd have the answer! :D ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I knew you'd have the answer! :D ;)
LOL!! you know it..:D

HCS
05-09-2007, 09:36 PM
LOL!! you know it..:D
Somethings never change lol!
I needed a good laugh today.:D
Tom :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Somethings never change lol!
I needed a good laugh today.:D
Tom :)
LOL!! Glad I could help.:D

TT_trawler
05-09-2007, 11:46 PM
If he had to leave, I was hoping he would end up at RCR...can't
stand Hendrick drivers.

Wicked Performance Boats
05-09-2007, 11:55 PM
With no Dale Jr there is no DEI. Why would she do something so stupid? Hormone imbalance? Go Dale Jr, You got the fan base where ever you go.

MADDOG355
05-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Driver intro
Ladies and gentlemen, Driving the number ?? car for JR motorsports Martin Truex.......
And
Driving the number 3 for RCR Dale Earnhardt jr!!!!!!!!!!!
It seems like Dale sr knew something by not driving for the team he owned, Has any owner/driver ever been sucsessful driving for his own team??
I can hear Theresa's spin on this allready,
Through the contract negotiations it has become appairent that Dale jr no longer wants to be associated with the traditions and legacy left behind by his father....... :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
05-10-2007, 04:59 AM
What time is the Press Release?

GOFSTSUMDAY
05-10-2007, 05:26 AM
11:00 A.M Eastern

RitcheyRch
05-10-2007, 05:34 AM
Thanks
11:00 A.M Eastern

Sleek-Jet
05-10-2007, 06:16 AM
I think his old man would be proud of him... Sr. never struck me as the type of man to put up with crap from anyone, living, dead or related.
I don't know about CRASHCAR, but there have been successfull owner/drivers in other series, I give you the Andretti's, Unsers... that one guy in drag racing... what's his name... oh yeah, 14 time champ John Force...

racecar.hotshoe
05-10-2007, 06:45 AM
What time is the Press Release?
8am Cali time on Speed channel

ChumpChange
05-10-2007, 06:48 AM
It's already out. HE IS LEAVING DEI!!!

TT_trawler
05-10-2007, 07:15 AM
all those 8 tattoos...maybe 83?

racecar.hotshoe
05-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Hes a wh*re hes going to the highest bidder.........:D

Havasu_Dreamin
05-10-2007, 07:38 AM
In a statement, Teresa Earnhardt said DEI will thrive following Junior's announcement.
"While we are very disappointed that Dale Jr. has chosen to leave the family business, we remain excited about our company's future," she said. "Dale and I built this company to be a championship contender, and those principles still apply. Dale Earnhardt Inc. will win. ... This company has a great legacy and a bright future, built on loyalty, integrity and commitment."
Yeah, good luck with that! Everyone knows that Dale Sr wanted JR in that company and she went and messed it up.....I would wager that DEI will cease to exist as a team fielding cars in the cup seires in less than 3 years...

DAVEO
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
This is just sickening, and I hope it sin't true. I am a huge Earnhardt fan, both Jr, and Sr, and I always will be. I think this is just another NASCAR ploy, and really hope it isn't true. I'm sure it would be a great move for Jr, but I believe DEI is where he belongs, and where his father wanted him. If it's greed on Theresa's part, then I am all for Jr doing what's in his best interest, and not what she wants. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but she has to know that Jr is the only thing holding that company together. W/o Jr, the company is nothing but a name, and won't be worth the building their in. It'll be the start of a downward spiral, which I doubt they'll ever get out of. Maybe then, Jr could get control of the company he rightfuly deserves. This will be interesting...
BRA
Beleve it. That Biatch has ruined the DEI corp. Im not a sr or jr fan but this might change my mind. Jr basicly closed DEI when he said he was leaving. It just a matter of time. She has no clue what she just did.

HefeRaton
05-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Being a huge Sr. fan and then Jr. fan I'm dissapointed for DEI and Jr. DEI doesn't have the resources for Jr. to compete for a championship. Teresa has done nothing, but mishandle this whole thing. I guess she is running the company through her vision not Sr.'s. As much as I'd like to see him go to RCR, I think he's going to probably end up at Gibbs.

RitcheyRch
05-10-2007, 08:30 AM
That makes me a ***** as well. :D
Only way tog et ahead these days is stay at one job for a few years and then move onto the next one offering more money.
Hes a wh*re hes going to the highest bidder.........:D

Hallett19
05-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Hasnt there been rumors that he will go race the 3 car at Childress??

HefeRaton
05-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Hasnt there been rumors that he will go race the 3 car at Childress??
That would be the most popular choice.