http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1355P5112214.JPG

Ultracrazy
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM
When is Gilligan getting a new boat??? :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1355P5112214.JPG
When and where was the pick taken??

BigDogIvan
02-09-2006, 12:38 PM
MAN!!! That sucks!!!! That boat looks real familiar!! Is that the O'l Tremor Theropy? :eek:

Ultracrazy
02-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Could be :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1355P511221667.jpg
Which way was he headed? North or South.

AZKC
02-09-2006, 01:46 PM
He was having a "beer can" boat daydream it seems :idea:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-09-2006, 01:51 PM
what happened???

duffster
02-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Words of wisdom just stay in the middle when going up or down going to the Sandbar. What ever you do don't swing in close to the shore because 1ft of water
comes up really fast. He was doing about 50mph when they hit and it could have really been a bad ordeal. Thank God everyone on board was safe and sound
and for slimy stinky mud and not rocks the boat faired just fine NO DAMAGE.
Anyways I just came across these old photos that I have been holding back on but since they are on the wall of Shockwave itÂ’s time to share with the peeps.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1355P5112216.JPG

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-09-2006, 02:59 PM
damn... that could have been really bad..... :crossx:

dmontzsta
02-09-2006, 05:32 PM
yuppie boats belong in the ocean.

ROZ
02-09-2006, 05:37 PM
when he sees this... :cry:
Atleast the stereo was still working :D

HOOTER SLED-
02-09-2006, 05:52 PM
I like jet boats. :devil: :D ;)

shockwavebd
02-09-2006, 06:47 PM
when he sees this... :cry:
Atleast the stereo was still working :D
No he won't .....alan did this.............last year...................... :cry:

Kilrtoy
02-09-2006, 06:58 PM
I know it has already been asked,
BUT WHERE EXACTLY DID THIS HAPPEN

duffster
02-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Alan will be fine trust me and anyone could have this happen. I have had these photos for a long time and I asked him the other night if I could post them and he said go for it since Berry at Shockwave posted them on their wall of fame. Plus Alan "Gilligan" is boat less and no longer owns the boat.
But when this happend I never heard Alan say the F-word that many times. He wanted to kill me becuse I jumped out to take pictures. But it's all good it was just a wild late night that we can look back on with a cold beer and very happy no one got hurt:)

duffster
02-09-2006, 07:08 PM
I know it has already been asked,
BUT WHERE EXACTLY DID THIS HAPPEN
Racing back from the Sandbar at sun down.

coolchange
02-09-2006, 07:14 PM
That kinda clears that up huh, Kilr?

Kilrtoy
02-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Well that just narrowed it down to ruffly 40 plus miles...
I think im on to something here

Kilrtoy
02-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Geez, why? You gonna start an investigation after you finish up your investigation into Cole Boats? :rolleyes:
No Im running concurrent investigations.....

duffster
02-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Well that just narrowed it down to ruffly 40 plus miles...
I think im on to something here
40 plus miles from the mouth to the Sandbar :rolleyes: Okay about 1/2 mile from the no ski markers on the right heading south on the river to the lake before the fork. If you want GPS you will need to wait until spring. :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
02-09-2006, 09:25 PM
OMG! Thats the mini sandbar huh? Im so glad everyone was ok! :p

JetBoatRich
02-10-2006, 04:33 AM
Good to hear everyone walked away :cool:

purrfecttremor
02-10-2006, 05:53 AM
Holly crap that coul'd have been any of Us.

Tremor Therapy
02-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Holly crap that coul'd have been any of Us.
Exactly.....Oh and AZ, I'm not a big drinker anyway, maybe 6 beers that entire day. This happened about 30 feet from the bank, a quarter to a half a mile up from the no ski markers after you pass the marsh grass and head up to the sand bar. It is the first area you run accross where the California side jutts out into the water way. The guy from vessel assist told me that when the water level went down last year, the river created about 6 new sand bars that were not charted, but were definately an issue for boaters. This sand bar was about 10 feet wide by 50 feet long, and maybe 1 foot below the water at high water.
The vessel assist guy also told me that he had "removed" 6 boats from that spot just that day on his shift! The good thing is that we went from 50 mph to stopped in about 25 feet, and no one got hurt. The best case scenario!

Old Texan
02-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Exactly.....Oh and AZ, I'm not a big drinker anyway, maybe 6 beers that entire day. This happened about 30 feet from the bank, a quarter to a half a mile up from the no ski markers after you pass the marsh grass and head up to the sand bar. It is the first area you run accross where the California side jutts out into the water way. The guy from vessel assist told me that when the water level went down last year, the river created about 6 new sand bars that were not charted, but were definately an issue for boaters. This sand bar was about 10 feet wide by 50 feet long, and maybe 1 foot below the water at high water.
The vessel assist guy also told me that he had "removed" 6 boats from that spot just that day on his shift! The good thing is that we went from 50 mph to stopped in about 25 feet, and no one got hurt. The best case scenario!
You'd think after removing 6 boats in 1 shift he maybe could put out a marker buoy and plan on something more permanent. Maybe called LE or whomever patrols and have them put up some warning indication.
What do they think, enough boats hit, they will wear down the sandbar? :rolleyes:

Racer277
02-10-2006, 01:56 PM
You'd think after removing 6 boats in 1 shift he maybe could put out a marker buoy and plan on something more permanent. Maybe called LE or whomever patrols and have them put up some warning indication.
What do they think, enough boats hit, they will wear down the sandbar? :rolleyes:
Here in Cali, when we showed the LE a dangerous rock about 1' under, he told us he can't mark it, or he'd be liable.
About an hour later I had to pull in a family on a sinking boat.
Nice...

phebus
02-10-2006, 02:05 PM
It's called job security :rollside:

Old Texan
02-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Here in Cali, when we showed the LE a dangerous rock about 1' under, he told us he can't mark it, or he'd be liable.
About an hour later I had to pull in a family on a sinking boat.
Nice...
I bet a good lawyer could tear his A-- up in court if he publicly admitted he knew a navigational hazard existed and ignored it.
I believe what the LE said but question his reasoning and common sense.
Too many Barneys and not enough Andys wearing badges these days.

duffster
02-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Alan I think it was my trusty gas blender that did the trick of making everyone just a little to happy that afternoon. :rollside:

Tremor Therapy
02-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Craig there is something to be said about those blended rum based fu-fu drinks you were pouring into the girls...my wife was very pliable once we got back to shore! :crossx:
Oh, and Giligan is already looking at boats! That July Lake Powell trip will be here in no time!

duffster
02-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Craig there is something to be said about those blended rum based fu-fu drinks you were pouring into the girls...my wife was very pliable once we got back to shore! :crossx:
Oh, and Giligan is already looking at boats! That July Lake Powell trip will be here in no time!
Very cool

Havasu_Dreamin
02-11-2006, 04:17 PM
At least no one was hurt. Hopefully the drive alignment was checked afterwards.

ROZ
02-11-2006, 05:31 PM
New boat, eh?

River918
02-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Glad to hear everyone was alright and that the Tremor held up good...Makes me glad I chose a sturdy boat

cola
02-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Shockwave builds some of the best jumping boats I have ever seen. :)
The boat went airborne for 20 feet, cleared a picnic table and then slid another 55 feet!!#$@#% HOLY $HIT, u know how fast you have to be going to hit shore and fly 80 some feet!
http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/uploads/post-14-03640-news02.jpg

Forkin' Crazy
02-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Been there (not exactly there but up on a sand bar) done that!! It was just a good thing I was in a small boat (16') because I was by myself.... at night..... Several hours later I was back under way...
Happens to the best of us!! :220v:

Forkin' Crazy
02-11-2006, 11:04 PM
WTF??? :mad:

MRSDRMCAT
02-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Glad to hear everyone was alright and that the Tremor held up good...Makes me glad I chose a sturdy boat
I am confused. I thought you were already trying to sell yours just because you did'nt want to take me to Catalina! D.P.

River918
02-12-2006, 12:40 AM
I am confused. I thought you were already trying to sell yours just because you did'nt want to take me to Catalina! D.P.
Mrs River918 and I will take YOU wherever you want, just leave Mr. "Spedie" at home...... :D

DRMCAT
02-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Mrs River918 and I will take YOU wherever you want, just leave Mr. "Spedie" at home...... :D
W :cry: hat the f@&*! You don't love me any more? I thought we were closer than that.

Mrs. River918
02-12-2006, 12:16 PM
W :cry: hat the f@&*! You don't love me any more? I thought we were closer than that.
You're starting to scare me