PDA

View Full Version : Please Tell Me Why...

goneboatin
05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Please tell me why all these politicians want to offer amnesty to all these illegal aliens and open the boarders to Mexico. By no means am I prejudice, but damn it, I live in the United States of America! Not in Mexico. Not El Salvador. Not Guatemala. But the U S of A!
Why can't these people come over here legally? How dare they come to my country and make demands after they don't have to pay for medical or social services, or much less pay taxes. They don't play by the rules when it comes to driving - most don't have driver's licenses, they don't have to buy insurance to protect themselves or me. They are offered credit cards with no social security cards needed.
They bring their vicious gangs here (MS13), break our laws and laugh at our judicial system - we can't even make them prove that they are here in this country legally, why? Because that's illegal.
The mayor of Los Angeles is not working for this country, he's working for Mexico - hell, Mexico should be paying his salary. Maybe they are since he's trying to bring all of Mexico to Southern California.
We need to stand up for our country before it's gone. Write to your congressman, your senator, whoever might make a difference.
It's up to us - The elected officials work for us - That includes the President - Voice your opinion.
I've vented, I'm off my soap box.
Next?

RitcheyRch
05-10-2007, 05:34 PM
The politicians want them here because they are votes.

scooooter7
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
And cheap labor for all the sweat shops they own.

goneboatin
05-10-2007, 05:38 PM
The politicians want them here because they are votes.
Even if they could vote, who's going to vote for the old white guy who can't speak Spanish, eg. Ted Kennedy

Pussywhippled
05-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Even if they could vote, who's going to vote for the old white guy who can't speak Spanish, eg. Ted Kennedy
Sweet... LOL

westair
05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Politicians are afraid to offend any group in fear of losing votes -
and Bush is the leader of the pack!

NashvilleBound
05-10-2007, 06:11 PM
And to work in your state's largest industry, agriculture, which, by the way, accounts for almost $40 billion dollars annually, $9 billion of which is exported. Oh, and another aside, your state's economy is the 6th largest IN THE WORLD. Oh, my third aside, your agriculture and food exports are the fifth largest IN THE WORLD.
Do yourself a favor, wake up. If you enjoy your $100k boat and your two $50k cars and your $750,000 house that was probably $180,000 when you bought it 8 years ago, leave well enough alone. You want those things? You have to take the good with the bad. Nobody could possibly be delusional enough to think that our agriculture industry, you remember, the largest industry in this state, could possibly survive or thrive without them. Are you going to pick lettuce and broccoli? I'm not and neither are my kids or their kids or my neighbors kids or anybody I know.
Oh, and who's going to kick our field goals?
Just food for thought.
We were having our produce picked way before the wetbacks arrived and could easily survive without them. Now I have plenty of Mexican friends....some legal, some illegal but this really needs to be addressed. They are invading our country and driving it down. Come over legally...... and pay into the system. A system that would work allot better if they were not bleeding it(US) dry. Its not a matter of taking the good with the bad....its the "legal" vs. "Illegal".

NashvilleBound
05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Ok...lets take the Mexican aspect outta this. If i remember right you are hispanic....right??? Lets just put this into a legal issue if you can. Is it right they come over the border and stay illegaly? Use our taxpayer resources while here? Use our schools without paying taxes? NOT paying taxes?????? What part of this is ok with you?

Tom Brown
05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Keep telling yourself that and eventually you'll believe it. ;)
Do you suppose the lack of cheap, illegal labour is why Canada has not been able to make anything of itself agriculturally?

wsuwrhr
05-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Agreed,
SOME people act as if "us" Americans never "stooped" to doing manual labor.
As a child, adolecent and young adult I delivered newspapers, mowed yards, did cleanup jobs, swept floors, worked with my dad, painted, ported cylinders, and maintained trucks and heavy equipment.
Alot of our youth has grown up with a poor work ethic and little responsibility because they have been raised to think they are "too good" for these types of jobs.
Someone has to do those jobs for shitty pay, I am well aware of who used to do them.
ME, and alot of other people who are my age and older, used to do them.
Brian
We were having our produce picked way before the wetbacks arrived and could easily survive without them.

wsuwrhr
05-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Do you suppose the lack of cheap, illegal labour is why Canada has not been able to make anything of itself agriculturally?
Don't forget....
Snow is a bitch too tommy boy.

Tom Brown
05-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Snow is a bitch too tommy boy.
I've heard that.

OCMerrill
05-10-2007, 06:29 PM
It has to be money. They think of all the taxes they are missing out on.
But, they miss the fact that low wage earners pay little to no tax anyway.
Claim amnesty, give out an address, have busses waiting, back they go. Its easy if were really such an issue. Apparently it's not of this would have happened. Hell I will sponsor a bus.

NashvilleBound
05-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I gotcha....
About our President (loosely termed) he's the lesser of two evils. But that is another issue.
I personally think the easiest (one of them) solution to this could be a "sales tax". Get rid of the income system that is so jacked up and go straight to sales taxes.
Last word tonight (how many thank Gods did I just hear ;) ) Talking about "ballers"???? Slim...If I had your money I would burn mine. :D :D :D :D

NashvilleBound
05-10-2007, 06:47 PM
You're such a baller, your boat has a boat. Paris Hilton called, she wants her money back.
I think the sales tax thing would be a good idea, but some of us "consumers" would get really jacked.
Ok...I lied about my last word....
I fear a sales tax but I see a bigger picture. Can you imagine paying 15% on a boat??? Or hell....a house?????? Not that that would be even an issue....
I've never really crunched the numbers but I have seen my tax bills and they make me sick. It might be easier if you were paying into the system through sales tax all year...... Probably never going to happen so who knows....:idea: :idea: :idea: :D

Tom Brown
05-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Can you imagine paying 15% on a boat??? Or hell....a house??????
Why.... yes. Yes I can.
It's not as glamorous as it sounds, either.

Jbb
05-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Why.... yes. Yes I can.
It's not as glamorous as it sounds, either.
Snowbound dumbass....:D

Tom Brown
05-10-2007, 06:56 PM
You really need to get into agriculture. :D
I'm too good for that shit.

goneboatin
05-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I have nothing against anyone trying to better themselves, but there are rules that need to be followed:
1. Entering the country legally is one.
2. Another is to assimilate into the country that you want to be a part of. All these special groups, (NAACP, Mexican-American Newscasters Group, etc.) help drive a stake into the races. If there were caucasian groups that did that, man, there'd be hell to pay. Instead of the Latin Music Awards we had the Caucasian Music Awards, there would be another race riot in the streets.
3. Proclaim that you are an American, not a (your nationality here)-American.
4. Be proud of the county that allows you to be a part of it. I am not saying to absolve yourself of your heritage, just don't stick under everyone's nose.
You get the picture.

mickeyfinn
05-10-2007, 07:15 PM
That Amnesty word pisses me off every time I hear it! Let's call it what it truly would be, which is a PARDON! These people are by definition felons. It is a slap to anyone trying ti immigrate legally. I am all for setting up and implementing a real guest worker program and let those waiting legally in just as fast as we can deport the illegals. We should also put a very heavy tax on money being sent out of this country. The whole situation sucks right now, oh yeah make reading, writing and speaking and understanding english.

YeLLowBoaT
05-10-2007, 07:21 PM
:mad: get rid of WELFARE !!! and you'll have lots of people working to replace all the illegals !!!! why should those work when they get a free paycheck, i.e. WELFARE !!!!!!!:mad:
Something to think about.. welfare is run by the dept of Arg... which gives WAY more money to farmers in subsidies, then it does to people on welfare. They are getting paid to do exactly that...Just something to think about. I'm not saying I agree with welfare and I surely don't agree with the way it run, but it would be alot worse with out it then it is now.

Baja Big Dog
05-10-2007, 07:24 PM
We were having our produce picked way before the wetbacks arrived and could easily survive without them. Now I have plenty of Mexican friends....some legal, some illegal but this really needs to be addressed. They are invading our country and driving it down. Come over legally...... and pay into the system. A system that would work allot better if they were not bleeding it(US) dry. Its not a matter of taking the good with the bad....its the "legal" vs. "Illegal".
What?? I invite you to the little border town of Calixco, Calif..
Get there around 3:30 AM, and witness what would bring tears to 98% of the kids eyes you and I have raised.
Think about 20 to 30 buses, the workers (respectful term for Mexicans) are lined up on each corner, the buses pick them up and take them to the fields with there long sleeve shirts and hats on, with the port-a-potty towed behind the buses.
Now envision the typical Saturday or Sunday on Havi in your (our) boats when its a 110 outside, now back to the buses of workers, they are in the fields while you and our friends are kickin it under the easy up sipping a cold one, picking the produce that we enjoy, they make about 40-50 bucks a day, and depending on the produce they will sometimes get a bag of what ever they are picking.
About 2:00PM the buses return to town, the workers climb off the buses, and they smell bad, (did I mention 110 degrees?), and most of them walk home and relax waiting for the next day, this is done for at least 6 days a week.
You claim we picked our own produce before the current people we are using picked it. I call bullshit, we never in modern times (say the last 100 years) as "white" people picked our produce in the quantities we harvest these days.
If you still claim that "white" people could do the work, I invite you to PM me, I know people in the Imperial Valley that could probably arrange for you to participate in a "day at the farm".
Shockwave is only attempting to say what a lot of others on the fourm fell, but wont say for fear of being hammered, and that is we are not for the deportation of all Mexicans, but lets make it possible to have them contribute to society, and do they mind paying taxes...hell no!!

Baja Big Dog
05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
It is not a felony to enter the country illegally.
As for reading, writing, speaking and understanding English, I think this forum proves that's not a requirement to be a citizen even when you're born here and English is the only language you speak.
Or posting on this forum!!!!:eek:

Baja Big Dog
05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
so are you saying that if "Jose" has a S.S. card, and he passes it out to "Jose", #2, #3, #4, #5, etc...to get a job, this is okay ? because this is reality, and happens on a daily basis, shame on the hiring employer / irs for not catching it, but this is fraud, plain & simple.
Not bad 5 folks paying taxes!!

YeLLowBoaT
05-10-2007, 07:42 PM
:D okay, new rules, they "all" can come to california, and live in temecula, 100 to a house to fit em all in, no overflow to any other states !!:D
works for me, i bought land outside of CA and I plan to build a house on it...:D

goneboatin
05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
You mean like in places we call Little Italy, Chinatown, Alphabet City, the entire city of Ireland......er....Boston. ;)
Maybe give them more than 15 minutes to unpack and start assimilating into your society.
You want to bet that they call themselves Americans, and they'd fight for this county if it was ever attacked, and you know what? I bet that they all have some sort of documentation that says they are here legally. Can you say that about all these boarder crossers. When the first bomb hits, they'll be back across the boarder faster than you can say "frijoles", and say, "I'm not part that country".
Talk about allegiance.

h2ospdskir
05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
any man or woman is welcome to work on my farm white or brown

Baja Big Dog
05-10-2007, 08:00 PM
any man or woman is welcome to work on my farm white or brown
How many white people have signed up????:confused: