PDA

View Full Version : Intro (I maybe crazy)

zudnic
05-10-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm more into offshore, big waves, the Pacific Ocean and all that. I'm looking into relocating to Redding from Washington State. I'll be spending a day or two in Redding. A town I've driven through a million time's on my way into LA. Since Lake Shasta, etc offers good boating decided I should make this a business/vacation trip. Did'nt have a boat, looked into renting for a few day's and that seemed expensive. So I bought a jet boat 1979 19ft Marlin to be exact. It was a fair price and not much more over the cost of renting! Why rent when you can own. The recently rebuilt Berkley and engine with receipts helped seal the deal. Played with it today on the Columbia River, live in Wenatchee, so along the section near my town. What a blast, little weird going from stern drives and egg beaters into a jet. Original plan was to use and re-sell, at least get my money back, maybe! But I think I'll keep it, fun little River toy. Normaly on another site but think I'll find more people with maybe even the same boat as mine here.
So how many are this nuts, see a Lake and buy a boat just because they want to go boating on it? So that's why I joined, people who share my new jet addiction!

78Eliminator
05-10-2007, 09:37 PM
So how many are this nuts, see a Lake and buy a boat just because they want to go boating on it? So that's why I joined, people who share my new jet addiction!
Cool deal! Welcome aboard. Generally the Jet guys hang out in the Jets section of this forum. Post some pics of your ride in the Jets section and there are plenty of guys that can tell you all about your new boat.....besides we all like to check out new boats!!!
Justin