PDA

View Full Version : Mobile bluetooth and ipod installations idea

Invisible Sun
05-14-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm working on a business plan right now and I'm trying to get ideas. Mobile Integration LLC. We'll come to your door to integrate your bluetooth enabled phone or media device to your car, car truck, motorhome, or boat. I've had many years in automotive electronics. There are plenty of products out there to do this, but most people lack the technical ability to install themselves. There are also plenty of stereo shops out there that can do the same. The problem is that the aren't mobile. Please give me your feedback, be it good or bad.

Racey
05-14-2007, 12:35 PM
For the average customer it sounds pretty good to me, saves people the inconvenience of having to take their car to the shop. If you do good work you should have no problem building a customer base on word of mouth of customers.

socaldj1
05-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Look for companies that provide company cars. My company is now providing Raytel bluetooth kits for every company car. They don't want us driving with a big BlackBerry next to our face. They ordered the kit through a company called C4S. They ship the kits to our homes then email us the name of a local installer. This is for the entire country. Good Luck.

ChumpChange
05-14-2007, 02:39 PM
If they need these things installed, it's because they need a newer car. :D Although a good idea, cars now come with this technology so you'll soon be out of business.

socaldj1
05-14-2007, 02:53 PM
If they need these things installed, it's because they need a newer car. :D Although a good idea, cars now come with this technology so you'll soon be out of business.
Service Companies order the base model car when they buy. In fact I've been waiting for 4 month to get my car from toyota through GEFleet. They order the base model car then add the Bluetooth for safety. Its a big $400. The next package up would cost $2600.00

Sigus
05-14-2007, 03:04 PM
I think you will be a very busy guy. Get hooked up with some of your local car dealerships as not all new cars come with Bluetooth and not everyone is going to run out and buy a new car for bluetooth.
Hands free kicks in around July so yo better get it together soon.
PS I just installed it in my 08 F250 soon to install in the wife's FX45.

burtandnancy2
05-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Can you install one in my '07 MB (prewired, bluetooth ready) without drilling any holes in my wood dash?

stoker
05-14-2007, 03:52 PM
I need one in my 06 CLS500. The dealer wants $2500.00. I would like it hooked up the same as the factory would do it. Do you do ipods also?

Invisible Sun
05-14-2007, 04:13 PM
I will be doing iPod integration as well. There are a few products out there that will integrate with the German cars. In fact that's where a lot of my focus will be due to my background. I'm sure that I can beat any dealer pricing, although I'll need a source on dealer parts. I prefer to not do any heavy modifications (i.e. drilling, cutting, fabrication).
solcaldj1 - That's the kind of advice I'm looking for. Something to add to the business plan :idea: Targeting large fleets. Thanks
PM me and I'll see if I can put some estimates together.
P.S. I'm not trying to turn this into a spam thread. I truly want everyones input that is willing to give.
And my wife says that ***boats isn't productive!:D
S

Invisible Sun
05-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Bump for the late crew. Any suggestions?

thmper321
05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
You might want to look into Rental Car companies. Most car dealerships already do business with expiditers(sp?)
For now most cars that have bluetooth built in will only work with cell phones and not iPod, it's a music thing. Eventually all cars will be able to accept the transmitters that send music through bluetooth.
It's also amazing how many of my retailers have a difficult time trying to link up their customer's cell phones to the raytell and parrot devices so I think anyone with with the know how will be needed.