PDA

View Full Version : The Best Place...

rideorange
05-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Ok, now where is the best place in Havasu for a twenty something and his girlfriend who act like were in our forties (no offense old guys:) ). We dont like to party too much, more like enjoy some chit chat with fellow boaters and relax. Grew up going to Havasu, but started goin to mojave a while back when most of my peers turned into idiots ( as evidenced by alot of threads on here) I have fond memories of spending all day at the sandbar...channel... and all was good. So a lil help guys (or should i just stay on mojave) Just wanna hang out on Havasu without dudes yellin at my girl to "show me your tits" or any of that non sense.

Outnumbered
05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Ok, now where is the best place in Havasu for a twenty something and his girlfriend who act like were in our forties (no offense old guys:) ). We dont like to party too much, more like enjoy some chit chat with fellow boaters and relax. Grew up going to Havasu, but started goin to mojave a while back when most of my peers turned into idiots ( as evidenced by alot of threads on here) I have fond memories of spending all day at the sandbar...channel... and all was good. So a lil help guys (or should i just stay on mojave) Just wanna hang out on Havasu without dudes yellin at my girl to "show me your tits" or any of that non sense.
Who ya callin' old?:D
We do the family thing there once and a while and as long as we stay away from the Sand Bar we are good. South end of the lake is nice. Plenty of mellow coves to hang in.
BTW, you must be a KTM rider too? I ride a 450EXC. Welcome to the boards.

voodoomedman
05-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Just be out of Copper or off Sandbar by about 10 and definately 11. Don't go into the channel. It's cool to cruise through and check things out or stop for shaved ice or pizza or something but why launch the boat just to go sit somewhere you could have saved the money and trouble and just drove to. Anyways back on topic, South of Havasu Palms is mostly family people with the occasional jet ski idiot from Black Meadows and such and Topock and above is family oriented with the occasional high speed race.

GRUNION
05-15-2007, 06:05 AM
You will be fine. The channel is very tonned down if you want.

Debbolas
05-15-2007, 06:07 AM
Lake Mojave ;)

HocusPocus
05-15-2007, 06:11 AM
if thats what you want then i suggest doing what we do.. go during the weekdays. no lines at the ramps, plenty of parking in the channel, sandbar, copper canyon or any other place you want to go.

catman-do
05-15-2007, 06:14 AM
I think if you stay away from sandbar you will be good. I like hanging out in the Park Moabi Channel. Not as much trashy people there, more family oriented.

RaceFace
05-15-2007, 06:19 AM
if thats what you want then i suggest doing what we do.. go during the weekdays. no lines at the ramps, plenty of parking in the channel, sandbar, copper canyon or any other place you want to go.
We started doing this a few years back....makes going to the lake fun again. Its not a zoo. South end is great....warmer water and great coves.

raff
05-15-2007, 06:23 AM
We like to head south, lots of places to hang down at that end of the lake.

VEGASBABY
05-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Ok, now where is the best place in Havasu for a twenty something and his girlfriend who act like were in our forties (no offense old guys ). Thems fightin words:boxingguy

lalhc
05-15-2007, 06:31 AM
Our family always heads south to find some coves. Steamboat is a great place to hang out in the late afternoon and meet new people.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Parker.
Yep, Sundance Sandbar.

rvr_d8
05-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Willow Valley (6 miles over Needles bridge on 95 towards Bullhead), noy flashy like Havasu (don't get me wrong.....I like havasu!), but still a lot of Fun!
But beware, us over 40 peeps (along with our 20 something kids) can party too.......just have a different cut off spot......somewhere just short of .......hmmmm passing out? Seriously though, I kinda know where your coming from and you two should check it out, look at the Willow thread .

my21advantage
05-15-2007, 06:48 AM
It's all up to you...you can choose havasu and keep it mellow. Even going to the Sandbar, you don't have to subject yourself to any negative activity. Same goes for the channel, lf you don't like the people around you just move - I've done it on several occasions.
And there;s plenty of coves to find and hang out in...I think you can make any spot on the river / lake a relaxing time or party time. Like I said before it's all up to you

rodnjen
05-15-2007, 06:55 AM
I agree, Steamboat is a great cove. you can either beach or just set anchor and relax. We ususally only hit the water on Sun. - Tues. I don't like Saturdays on the lake.
We stopped going to Parker 30 years ago on the weekends for the same reason, too many rookies and too much B.S.
I'm 40 and my wife is a little younger :D we did the channel and sandbar deal and are completely done with it. There are still plenty of places to go and enjoye boating and people, it just helps if you avoid Saturdays.

racecar.hotshoe
05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Shes in her 20's.:idea: ......I here they play twister at the sandbar.:D :D

HocusPocus
05-15-2007, 07:10 AM
We started doing this a few years back....makes going to the lake fun again. Its not a zoo. South end is great....warmer water and great coves.
it does make going to the lake fun... and your right about the south end! we are heading out on wednesday around 2 pm, looking forward to some triple digit heat.