PDA

View Full Version : Stereo courtesy

Cigalert
05-15-2007, 07:33 AM
I've had the same toolbox come slide in next to me at both mohave last year and havasu this year and crank his tunes to where I just turned mine off. My stereo is plenty clean and can be elevated to almost painfull levels.
When I'm parked I don't feel the need to be the DJ for the entire beach and I like to talk with the people around me plus I know not everyone is as big of a Neil Diamond fan as myself and not everyone wants to hear the prolific descriptions of life lessons from Mickey Avalon. If I'm already parked and someone wants to have a gansta sound off, do I get to sound off? Would it be wrong if I informed him he was acting like a cockhole?
The channel was a bit of a different situation because it was pretty busy and not a whole lot of parking options. But at the beach just south of Katherine's at Mohave, nobody around for hundreds of feet, the same sand everywhere and he slides next to me? Seriously? And then have the nerve to toss on marriachi music? This was not a late teens or early 20's kinda guy, he was looking late 30's early 40's.
If you have a nice sounding stereo and your music is universally liked, I say rock out with your cock out. Am I crazy for thinking this way or am I just old at 31?

Jordy
05-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Just tell Phat Matt to knock that shit off!!! :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
05-15-2007, 07:36 AM
:jawdrop:

CRZYBTCH
05-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Uhhh......maybe Its The Age? Come On..............

Just foreplay
05-15-2007, 07:43 AM
I for one am with you on that one.. And what's up with sliding in right next to you..Was he feeling a little "insecure"..:2purples:

LAFD
05-15-2007, 07:45 AM
it all depends on the music and the female ratios on the boat. if its good music and its makin the chicks get crazy rock on. but if it is some mariachi crap with a boat full of sausage than pull his plug and watch him sink.

racecar.hotshoe
05-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Matt can do what he wants to as long as I get to look at Jen.:D

HALLETT BOY
05-15-2007, 07:48 AM
This is a common problem and one of the reasons why Havsau now has enacted
laws for this type of behavior...the problem as I see it , is just plain over-crowding and common courtesy, or lack of.

Cole Trickle
05-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Sunday at the little sandbar in Parker, there was maybe 10-15 boats there at the busiest time. I mean nobody was there. This guy in a Glastron deck boat pulls in and anchors about 20' away from me and up go the four 6x9s to full volume. I already had my stereo on and I'm looking around like ????????? All I could hear were the shrill highs of 38 Special, it did not sound good by any stretch of the imagination.
Sounds like you need a wakeboard tower if a guy in a glastron shut you down!!:D;)

Tom Brown
05-15-2007, 08:07 AM
This guy in a Glastron deck boat pulls in and anchors about 20' away from me and up go the four 6x9s to full volume.
I take it you sent him back where he belonged.

Cigalert
05-15-2007, 08:13 AM
It's for this very reason I downloaded the Olympic Medal Ceremony theme song and I even purchased little gold medals to pass out.
http://www.all4parties.co.uk/images_olympics/winner_medal_lg.jpg
When someone pulls a bonehead beer spill or the breaking of a lawn chair I can hold a medal ceremony for dumbchit moves at the end of the day. Should I start handing out medals for crappy stereo's also?

Trailer Park Casanova
05-15-2007, 08:15 AM
it all depends on the music and the female ratios on the boat. if its good music and its makin the chicks get crazy rock on. but if it is some mariachi crap with a boat full of sausage than pull his plug and watch him sink.
Well said.
We rarely blast our music.
If we're alone on the beach or sandbar maybe.
Crusin towing a wakeboarder we play what they want to hear, but never at nite.

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 08:18 AM
common courtesty goes out the window when EGO gets involved.......
I could give a fu(k what someones stereo sounds like...my stocker works just fine for when I can hear it over the din of the other 20 blasting 20 variations of music:rolleyes:

Phat Matt
05-15-2007, 08:18 AM
You SOB. :D

Cole Trickle
05-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I didn't say he shut me down. I queued up a little "Keep their heads ringing" and he got the message LIMA CHARLIE. :D
Ring...ding...dong:D
I'm a little louder this year so if we need to we can hook up the sirus and defend teh beach if need be;):devil:

Jordy
05-15-2007, 08:30 AM
You SOB. :D
You toolbox!!! :D :D

beaverretriever
05-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Funny... It has never bugged me when peoples music is blasting. I love to see people having fun. I don't care if it is Rock, Rap, Country or Crap as long as it isn't all distorted, clipping and sounding horible.
I get to turn off my stereo and save my batteries...LOL. Mine is not loud anyways.:(
If I don't want to hear all the music blasting I go somewhere else on the lake.

Devilman
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Sunday at the little sandbar in Parker, there was maybe 10-15 boats there at the busiest time. I mean nobody was there. This guy in a Glastron deck boat pulls in and anchors about 20' away from me and up go the four 6x9s to full volume. I already had my stereo on and I'm looking around like ????????? All I could hear were the shrill highs of 38 Special, it did not sound good by any stretch of the imagination.
A Treble Rebel.....LOL :D

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
EXACTLY. If you don't like music, leave.
Music is great, it just don't need to be at peak volume

Phat Matt
05-15-2007, 08:47 AM
You toolbox!!! :D :D
Toolbox. lol. :)

Devilman
05-15-2007, 08:49 AM
He definitely had the treble at 11. :D
You nailed it with "shrill highs of 38 Special" LMAO :D

Run_em_Hard
05-15-2007, 08:54 AM
It all depends upon the situation...
If it shouldn't be happening walk over to them and tell them you are from ***boat(the magazine) and want to take a picture of the ugliest boat with the worst stereo on the lake, than post their pics up here so we can all make fun of them:D

ChumpChange
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
In my boat, I can't even remember the last time that I put the faceplate on the stereo. :D

Benjhamina
05-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Good Story. A number of years ago we had a spot at one of the big beaches on Mojave. We got there thursday and set our beach up with chairs, easy-up, and an anchor. Welllll it must have been water rod weekend there because when we came out friday the whole beach was full of at least 50 brothers except for where our spot was. Some upitty honkeys, two husbands, two wives and 4 kids, had taken all our stuff and put it in a pile off to the side and taken over our spot. I had a POS bayliner at the time but the stereo I pieced together was the best I have ever had so my buddy says "watch this, I'll get them to leave". and he puts on DMX "My Nigg***" You know the song. My nigg***, some people that you don't want to try, my nigg***, da dum da da do or die, my nigg***. Every brother on the beach started bouncing their heads and dancing but these paisty nerds were completly offended and we just sat there and stared at them while they packed up their crap and left. Their wives kept prodding them to say something to us but we could tell they were emberrased for taking our spot and left without a peep. We had a wonderful wekend with some of the best BBQ ever. It always feels good when you can stick it to the man.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/benjhamina/DCP02654.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/benjhamina/DCP02667.jpg

lalhc
05-15-2007, 09:18 AM
I for one, being a family man w/two young sons, do not mind the loud music as long as it does not involve a lot of f-bombs & other foul language. Like many of you, it allows me to conserve my batteries and keep my amps cool :D

Cigalert
05-15-2007, 09:36 AM
My point is, if there is already a music party started why try to battle? If there is no music and you feel the need to start some, by all means please, I invite you. In fact if I'm in the water, have a cocktail in hand and my music isn't playing, by god you better believe I want to hear some. If I pull up somewhere and I don't want to hear what ever crap system they're using I'll be the first to pack up and head out.
In the pic below, this was the day I was talking about at Mohave before trouble showed up. As you can see there is nobody around. My boat is on the left. He pulled up so close and didn't beach it very well, I had to move his boat away more than once.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/cigalert/ar210z.jpg

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Good Story. A number of years ago we had a spot at one of the big beaches on Mojave. We got there thursday and set our beach up with chairs, easy-up, and an anchor. Welllll it must have been water rod weekend there because when we came out friday the whole beach was full of at least 50 brothers except for where our spot was. Some upitty honkeys, two husbands, two wives and 4 kids, had taken all our stuff and put it in a pile off to the side and taken over our spot. I had a POS bayliner at the time but the stereo I pieced together was the best I have ever had so my buddy says "watch this, I'll get them to leave". and he puts on DMX "My Nigg***" You know the song. My nigg***, some people that you don't want to try, my nigg***, da dum da da do or die, my nigg***. Every brother on the beach started bouncing their heads and dancing but these paisty nerds were completly offended and we just sat there and stared at them while they packed up their crap and left. Their wives kept prodding them to say something to us but we could tell they were emberrased for taking our spot and left without a peep. We had a wonderful wekend with some of the best BBQ ever. It always feels good when you can stick it to the man.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/benjhamina/DCP02654.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/benjhamina/DCP02667.jpgSo you're one of the "those" that put stuff on beaches and expect to reserve it for the weekend:rolleyes: then complain if its been taken or blown away with the wind

Cole Trickle
05-15-2007, 10:03 AM
My point is, if there is already a music party started why try to battle? If there is no music and you feel the need to start some, by all means please, I invite you. In fact if I'm in the water, have a cocktail in hand and my music isn't playing, by god you better believe I want to hear some. If I pull up somewhere and I don't want to hear what ever crap system they're using I'll be the first to pack up and head out.
In the pic below, this was the day I was talking about at Mohave before trouble showed up. As you can see there is nobody around. My boat is on the left. He pulled up so close and didn't beach it very well, I had to move his boat away more than once.
How cute!!!
Matching boats....he probably thought you guys would be great friends since you have nearly identical taste in boats.
That beach looks nice I would listen to your stereo there:D

Benjhamina
05-15-2007, 10:10 AM
So you're one of the "those" that put stuff on beaches and expect to reserve it for the weekend:rolleyes: then complain if its been taken or blown away with the wind
Yes, if I see an anchor out with chairs and stuff on the beach I figure that spot has been saved. So does everybody else from what I understand. Is that not the case? Are you saying you unpack and pack up all your stuff everyday?:idea:

Water Romper
05-15-2007, 10:16 AM
If a floating "boom box" ends up next to us, and it's a group we don't like for what ever reason, we move on...it's a big lake.

RiverDave
05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Yes, if I see an anchor out with chairs and stuff on the beach I figure that spot has been saved. So does everybody else from what I understand. Is that not the case? Are you saying you unpack and pack up all your stuff everyday?:idea:
We don't have beaches that we can do that with down in Parker... But from what I understand you leave your not suppose to leave your stuff on the beach all weekend and "lay claim" to a spot.
If I left my stuff on a beach over night, I'd fully expect it not to be there when I returned.. Or I'd expect to find a bunch of people sitting in my chairs and drinking outta my coolers.. LOL
RD

Cigalert
05-15-2007, 10:22 AM
The matching boats came with a fanny pack, a yellow jeep, K.Y. and pictures of Tom Brady. Needless to say, we were stoked.

Just foreplay
05-15-2007, 10:23 AM
That was my point exactly, there are "other" spots that the guy could have moved to if he wanted to blare his music..I think it's just being a little rude and inconsiderate...I guess that's just "old schoool" huh?

whiteworks
05-15-2007, 10:23 AM
having no stereo in my boat I say turn it up and play whatever you want, and thank you for the music.:)

Cole Trickle
05-15-2007, 10:26 AM
We don't have beaches that we can do that with down in Parker... But from what I understand you leave your not suppose to leave your stuff on the beach all weekend and "lay claim" to a spot.
If I left my stuff on a beach over night, I'd fully expect it not to be there when I returned.. Or I'd expect to find a bunch of people sitting in my chairs and drinking outta my coolers.. LOL
RD
I fully understand the no over night saving thing...
On the oposite end last simmer we rented a couple rooms at the nautical and when we returned from a lunch run a couple hours later our EZ up/chairs were moved and someone was tied up to my sand spike(They said it was theres).....needless to say things didn't go smoothly when we got back.:mad: :)

Ziggy
05-15-2007, 10:31 AM
When we boated on Mohave regularly, absolutely. I never left stuff to reserve, I'd get up early to reclaim it the next day(hopefully)...
I'll respect and leave stuff alone when we encountered chairs or lowered ez-ups but at the same time find it unfair and selfish by the ones who do this, maybe is more commonplace now, I don't know.
To me its kinda like the guy on the freeway driving down the shoulder passing everyone in stop/go........does he think he's somehow more special than everyone else waiting in line?
I've also seen stuff left on beaches to reserve it, then watch all day as nobody comes to claim it....or worse come back weeks later to still find it there...

Benjhamina
05-15-2007, 11:17 AM
When we boated on Mohave regularly, absolutely. I never left stuff to reserve, I'd get up early to reclaim it the next day(hopefully)...
I'll respect and leave stuff alone when we encountered chairs or lowered ez-ups but at the same time find it unfair and selfish by the ones who do this, maybe is more commonplace now, I don't know.
To me its kinda like the guy on the freeway driving down the shoulder passing everyone in stop/go........does he think he's somehow more special than everyone else waiting in line?
I've also seen stuff left on beaches to reserve it, then watch all day as nobody comes to claim it....or worse come back weeks later to still find it there...
Well I am rebuffed sir. I was taught by my uncle when we first started boating that saving a spot was fine. When we are with a group with a number of boats we usually send someone out early to get slips and save one of our favorite beaches and almost nerver have trouble with it. It is too much to pack up that much crap every day and boat with it. It fills up the whole bow. I always suspected I was an a**hole. I guess now I know for sure.

FreshTracks
05-15-2007, 11:39 AM
It's all how you handle things. We were in the channel last year and the boat to the left of mine was handling stereo duty at the time. (Both this boat and mine have top notch stereos by WFS). Seemed everyone around was enjoying the tunes being played at a respectable level and clean sounding when a boat pulled in to my right. After helping these guys get in safely, and not hitting my boat, they proceed to crank their stereo. Not only did their stereo sound like crap at that high of volume, they were playing tunes that were killing the vibe in the area. I like all kinds of music, from Bob Marley to Slayer, but to hear the death metal they were blaring to point of heavy distortion I thought my hears were going to start bleeding. With the two stereos going at the same time, it was not sounding pleasant at all, so my bro turned his off and we let these guys play a few songs. In between songs I got one of the guys attention, he came over to my boat and I mentioned to him that each boat in the areas was taking turns playing their stereo and after his next song I was next. He was very cool and said no problem, he appreciated us letting them play their choice.

squirt'nmyload
05-15-2007, 11:48 AM
When we are with a group with a number of boats we usually send someone out early to get slips and save one of our favorite beaches and almost nerver have trouble with it.
people have been killed for less at saguaro lake, especially for trying to do this back at the beach :D :D...if they aren't there, then i'm taking the spot!!!!!!!!

kp216
05-15-2007, 12:00 PM
I take it you sent him back where he belonged.
That's funny.:D
Surely I'm not the only one who got that...

Cole Sanger
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
people have been killed for less at saguaro lake for trying to do this back at the beach :D :D...if they aren't there, then i'm taking the spot!!!!!!!!
So true.

BOBALOO
05-15-2007, 04:23 PM
My sentiments exactly. We NEVER try to save spots overnight, we also dont move someone elses stuff if we want to beach at friggin NOON and the LAZY SOB's are still not back to "their" spot.
Remember the lake is for everyone to enjoy, and the one with the loudest stereo gets to choose the music. :jawdrop: j/k :D

DeltaSigBoater
05-15-2007, 05:41 PM
My stereo system is a one of those iPod compatible boom-boxes. You can jusst hear it at 35mph. Since its portable you dont have to climb in the boat to change songs. I never have to worry about having dead boat batteries. If it breaks or gets stolen I'm not out a small fortune.