PDA

View Full Version : When your kids say "Daddy/Mommy I want a t trampoline...."

YeLLowBoaT
02-09-2006, 11:46 PM
show them this (http://www.break.com/index/trampolinecrash9.html)
You don't even have to watch it just listen.....

H2OT TIMES
02-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Holy Shiat!! My stomachs still rolling.

Hardly Satisfied
02-10-2006, 02:28 AM
OUCH :cry:

73kona455
02-10-2006, 05:03 AM
ouch,,, thats going to leave a mark....

Dusty Times
02-10-2006, 06:11 AM
I didn't want to see that.
My daughter is headed to a gymnastics meet in Vegas right now.

robsformula
02-10-2006, 07:58 AM
My son just ripped his front tooth out on ours when he caught it on the safety net. We found the tooth. This all happened at about 7 pm Monday night, called a friend who is a dentist and said to meet him at his office. He also said to put the tooth in milk, this helps keep it from contamination. (To much crap in our water,so he says). Anyway my son is 9 and he is doing well and so is his tooth. As far as the trapoline it is being taken down. NO EXCEPTIONS....... Dentist says it should take again being that it was put back into place within 45 min of loosing it. Root and all the tooth was about 1 1/4 inches.

Cs19
02-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Root and all the tooth was about 1 1/4 inches.
ahhhhhh..

hoolign
02-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Now throw a bottle of Jack into the mix and a couple of " I double dare ya's" and you got the making for some entertainment....and a three hour wait at the regional Emergency room with my buds collar bone doing a sharp right :D

robsformula
02-10-2006, 08:18 AM
just call my son and ask him if he wants it still. He'll tell ya. He's been home from school for sense Monday and absolutely no running, baseball/sports activity for 6 to 8 weeks. He loves basball too. Just had tryouts 2 weeks ago and he did great. So this is has been a real set back to him.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-10-2006, 09:18 AM
just call my son and ask him if he wants it still. He'll tell ya. He's been home from school for sense Monday and absolutely no running, baseball/sports activity for 6 to 8 weeks. He loves basball too. Just had tryouts 2 weeks ago and he did great. So this is has been a real set back to him.
Poor little guy!!!!!!
My kids wanted one soooooobad ............I was saying yes!!!!! Dad was saying no way...............G-ma bought one for Christmas and had to take it back!!!!!!
I'm glad now due to your son and that video!!!!!!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-10-2006, 09:19 AM
He loves basball too. Just had tryouts 2 weeks ago and he did great. So this is has been a real set back to him.
Do you live in Corona????? We just had try outs a couple of weeks ago too......

robsformula
02-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Mrs. Hooter, Actually I am in Northern cal (Stockton to be exact) Delta in back yard :rollside:

robsformula
02-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Mrs. Hooter, Trampolines are great when they are little but as they get older
they want to get a little carried away. Our safety net was one of the best things we bought with it our kids are now 7,9,15 and 15 so the to boys 9 and 15 are a little wild.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Mrs. Hooter, Trampolines are great when they are little but as they get older
they want to get a little carried away. Our safety net was one of the best things we bought with it our kids are now 7,9,15 and 15 so the to boys 9 and 15 are a little wild.
I have a 6 and a 11yr old. Both boys!!!!! Right now whatever the oldest one does the little one trys!!!! :220v:
They always want to go on the nieghbors but I don't let them unless I come with ( wich is NOT very often ) and even then I can't bear to watch !!!!!

OGShocker
02-10-2006, 10:21 AM
I think it's best to keep your kids in a bubble. NEVER let them experience pain. Never let them learn by experience. Guard them and keep them close. Never let them out of your site! :rolleyes:
Michelle, did I tell you our son is going to his first Chain Saw juggling class tomorrow? :crossx:

hoolign
02-10-2006, 10:34 AM
I think it's best to keep your kids in a bubble. NEVER let them experience pain. Never let them learn by experience. Guard them and keep them close. Never let them out of your site! :rolleyes:
Michelle, did I tell you our son is going to his first Chain Saw juggling class tomorrow? :crossx:
Sounds like my woman and the Visa card :crossx:

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-10-2006, 10:49 AM
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where do I sign up..............I wanna show J I can do that while standing between his legs!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

AzMandella
02-10-2006, 10:58 AM
We have had a Trampoline for 3 yrs now without incident.Knock on wood.But we did buy it with all the padding and safety netting.I never thought about loosing a tooth on the netting though.I'll tell my daughter to keep her mouth shut when jumping.But if we showed video's of boat crashes and people being run over by boats it wouldn't stop us from going boating.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-10-2006, 11:51 AM
We have had a Trampoline for 3 yrs now without incident.Knock on wood.But we did buy it with all the padding and safety netting.I never thought about loosing a tooth on the netting though.I'll tell my daughter to keep her mouth shut when jumping.But if we showed video's of boat crashes and people being run over by boats it wouldn't stop us from going boating.
Good point Az................. :rollside:

robsformula
02-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Good point AZ, It wouldn't stop us either. I just think this was a warning for us. Besides their is other activites they can do with less risk.

robsformula
02-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Mrs. Hooter, Sounds like your boys are very active like mine. My oldest is getting ready for swimming and waterpolo in high school and the youngest is playing baseball and just finished basketball. Both are very active. Keeps them out of trouble :crossx:

Ziggy
02-10-2006, 12:40 PM
The neighbor behind me in Havasu has his built into the ground. Basically dug a big hole and put this trampoline at ground level....so if the kids fall off they don't fall that extra 3 feet to the ground.
Even their dog bounces around on it or uses it to snooze on comfortably...LOL

YeLLowBoaT
02-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I have a family friend who has 4 kids... anyways the too older boys were jumping on the tramp( one was 11 the other was 12). They would not let thier younger sister on it( 6 at the time). so after about 10 mins of them not letting her on, she deside to get even with them.......
So she got underneath the trampoline and while they were in the air she put both legs up in the air so that they touched the trampoline. When they both came down. she shattered both her legs. She went thru 2 surgerys, spent about a 6 month is a chair and another 2 years in therapy.... I really don't think I would let my kids get a trampoline, that is when I have kids.