Magic34
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Amare and Diaw are suspended for game 5

Big Warlock
05-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Man that is BS!!!!!! HOnestly, that was crap!!! :mad:

Magic34
05-15-2007, 02:58 PM
However... If they somehow win this thing, it would probably be one of the best playoff wins ever.

Xlration Marine
05-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Say what??? And the spurs can kick ya in the nut's. What a joke.

OutCole'd
05-15-2007, 02:59 PM
That's total BS! What about Horry?

squirt'nmyload
05-15-2007, 03:00 PM
That's total BS! What about Horry?
2 games

Havasu_Dreamin
05-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Well, if the rules call for an automatic suspension for leaving the bench, then why is it wrong? It may not be fair given the aformentioned groin kick not getting a suspension and Duncan and someone else leaving the Spurs bench to protest a foul call, as explained to me by Roln20s, but a rule is a rule...there should be no gray area.

AZJD
05-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Amare and Diaw are suspended for game 5
I wouldn't say so just yet. Thomas is better on defense than amare, and we still have good scoring bench players. I would be willing to bet at home we can keep em honest.

Magic34
05-15-2007, 05:09 PM
You guys played all season without Amare. Diaw is a sub. If you can't win a game without those two, you shouldn't be there.
Diaw was a starter when Amare was out. If 1 of the 2 was out, then they could manage. However Diaw played the role of Amare last year.

roln 20s
05-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, this does suck, for both sides actually. I understand the rule and can GUARANTEE this will be reviewed and rewritten during the off season. This is just BS - I see the purpose, but think it needs to be revisited for anyone else's purpose in the future. Lets just be consistant Commish!!
James Jones and some no name gets into it - Bowen and Duncan came onto the floor 3 feet, but since they didn't run --- no penalties.
Everytime a huge basket is made, the bench players cheer on the court, suspend them all :D :D
Bowen knee to the groin - nothin?
Elbow from Baron Davis to Fischer - nothin? This is total BS too - that should be a flagrant and a game to.
I don't think the NBA likes issuing these suspensions - especially considering this is the ONLY good series thus far in this round of the playoffs. If it wasn't for Amare and Diaw 'leaving the bench' then Horry would have only gotten 1 game. I want to see both teams with ALL players - let the best win. As a huge suns fan (family is season ticket holders) - I want to the win beating the best :D
I expect a GREAT game on Wednesday night - I can't wait to see what SUN steps up to fill the void. The championship is on the line.
Roln 20s

Keith E. Sayre
05-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Certainly does set a precedent. If you want the best player in the league
out of your series, grind him up with a flagrant foul that could have been much worse if he had hit those tables wrong, watch the other players come
off the bench but immediately get corraled and stay away from the action
and you'll come out ahead. Robert Horry has always been a key clutch guy
but that was a bad foul and he should be ashamed. Yes Amare broke the
rule but the rule should be more specific, he never got near the problem.
The spirit of the law wasn't broken in my opinion when he immediately stepped
back. Apparently the NBA has a problem here.
But perhaps Kharma will take over and the Suns can put a whoopin on them!
Keith Sayre

Boa1277
05-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Ouch! Amare was the catalyst last night, when he came back into the game in the 4th the Suns were able to get on a mini roll and pull off the win. Thomas is not the player that Amare is, not even close, yeah he can play defense but that is just 1 aspect, Amare could do it all and he had to be played much different, in fact the whole game will be played different without Amare. Look at what happened last year when he was hurt..Damn! Hopefully we will get some sort of protest!

BoatFloating
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
All you Sun homers kill me..... What about Bell's elbow last night nothing.... I say let them play.... Nash hasn't won anything but cries like it's owed to him....
Play Ball.....