PDA

View Full Version : Casitas crash??

Moneypitt
05-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Anyone hear details about Jim Bernard of Saticoy going over at Casitas?? Gary, e ticket, mentioned it to me and I thought there was a thread about it, but no.......MP

RitcheyRch
05-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Didnt see anything mentioned on any of the local papers.

Moneypitt
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Didnt see anything mentioned on any of the local papers.
I don't even know if it was recent or awhile ago???????? MP

Jetboatguru
05-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Been hittin the sauce Ray?:D

RitcheyRch
05-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh ok.
I don't even know if it was recent or awhile ago???????? MP

Moneypitt
05-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Been hittin the sauce Ray?:D
No........Gary told me about a rollover at Casitas. Jim Bernard driving a customers boat with the customer and the customers wife on board. Jim was the only one hurt, 2 broken legs!!!...I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the circumstances and Jim's condition..........Sauce indeed!!.......Ray

DirtySquirty
05-17-2007, 06:34 AM
It happened a few weeks back. Jim was testing a customer's boat after a new motor install. Jim says he wasn't running that hard. Somehow managed to flip the boat while turning. Jim along with the boats owner and wife were all three ejected from the boat. Jim suffered a broken knee cap, and has been hobbling around the shop since. Could have been MUCH worse.
BTW, the Casitas people managed to drag the boat to the ramp, then proceded to drag the boat up the ramp....UPSIDE DOWN. Ouch!!

dirty old man
05-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Is the same Jim Bernard who was into ski racing many, many years ago?

n8dawg
05-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Is the same Jim Bernard who was into ski racing many, many years ago?
I believe so. Cool guy. Sorry to hear that. I haven't heard anything of it yet.
I don't know if Nelson#109 is still here but he would know.

DirtySquirty
05-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Yes, It's the same Jim Barnard. He is still towing skiers around the circuit. Jim is doing OK and still hard at work.

Moneypitt
05-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Yes, It's the same Jim Barnard. He is still towing skiers around the circuit. Jim is doing OK and still hard at work.
Well that is a much better story than I heard. Glad it is not as bad as I thought, and wish Jim a speedy recovery........Ray

Brooski
05-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I didnt hear about the accident, but his shop has been open late all week when I drive home from work, and I saw him messing with a boat there yesterday.
He has been doing the ski race ciruit for years. Hope he heals quickly, it looks like he has alot of work right now.