PDA

View Full Version : Suns tonight....

DILLIGAF
05-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Doing a great job. I have a feeling SA is going to make at least one more run at em and possibly two. Can they hang on short handed and all?

Rod-64
05-16-2007, 08:44 PM
4 points.:rolleyes:
Hope I didn't bunk work for nothing!

DILLIGAF
05-16-2007, 09:26 PM
tHAT 2ND RUN TO END THE GAME BY sa DID THE sUNS IN. Shame it had to be played without Amare and Diaw but that is the way it goes.

acatitude
05-16-2007, 09:34 PM
to bad such a bullshit rule.... fockin horry did that intentionally. poor fockin sport. he should be suspended rest of playoffs.
that rule needs to me modified a little. should include the no harm no foul clause...... damn basketball is an emotional game and its a natural reaction to jump up when yur star gets belted like that, but they didnt get involved in anything, so no harm no foul . should just suspend the person who took the really cheap shot.. sa is really beatin up nash...should real interesting if its the spurs and the jazz 2 dirtty teams

dmontzsta
05-16-2007, 10:16 PM
to bad such a bullshit rule.... fockin horry did that intentionally. poor fockin sport. he should be suspended rest of playoffs.
that rule needs to me modified a little. should include the no harm no foul clause...... damn basketball is an emotional game and its a natural reaction to jump up when yur star gets belted like that, but they didnt get involved in anything, so no harm no foul . should just suspend the person who took the really cheap shot.. sa is really beatin up nash...should real interesting if its the spurs and the jazz 2 dirtty teams
So when Raja Bell dropped Kobe and only got one game, that was ok? IMO that was way worse than Horry's foul for two games. Raja flat out clothlined Kobe ON PURPOSE and he admitted it.
You said it best though, Basketball is emotions. Nobody wants to play dirty, but sometimes things happen so fast and you regret them the moment they happen, pure emotions.

RCB19
05-16-2007, 10:25 PM
I love watching that clip of Kobe getting floored.

Chico&Zeus
05-17-2007, 05:36 AM
I love watching that clip of Kobe getting floored.
Just for you....see siggy!

Wild Horses
05-17-2007, 05:50 AM
Look a little closer to home for your dirty team. What was the shit the Warriors were pulling?:confused:

Wild Horses
05-17-2007, 06:30 AM
The Warriors are not so much a dirty team as they were an exhausted, frustrated team by the end of that series. Their frenetic style of play simply couldn't hold up playing a 6-7 man rotation. The Spurs are a dirty team.
I know they called Stockton and Malone dirty players, but I haven't really seen that out of this team. Hard play but not dirty!:D

Wild Horses
05-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Are we talking about the Spurs or the Jazz? The current Jazz players don't have a single player with a mean streak. That's why they'll never win a championship. You need a dirty player or two on your team. The Spurs just happen to have three or four, excluding Mr. Horry who is one of the most well liked players in the NBA.
I was talking about the Jazz, they were grouped with the Spurs by blowncarrera.
I am happy to just be able to still see my team playing.:D

Liberator TJ1984
05-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Even the most laid back teams get rilled up .
Not defending any of the actions here , but as the levels of intensity rise , it starts to wear on both sides and then frustration sets in along with desperation . There have been controversial calls on both sides but I don't think ( my view ) that any player would deliberately try and cripple or maim the others, Look at Tiger Woods > calmest guy on the planet , till things go bad and he has to restrain his other side. as much as you would like to ignore it Basketball is a very Physical game . Shaq didn't exactly "play fair" using his size and strength, but it was accepted :devil:

acatitude
05-17-2007, 08:03 AM
I was talking about the Jazz, they were grouped with the Spurs by blowncarrera.
I am happy to just be able to still see my team playing.:D
all jerry sloan teams are very tough if not totally dirty... watch the games. I say a frackus of some sort will happen during that series.....

dmontzsta
05-17-2007, 08:35 AM
all jerry sloan teams are very tough if not totally dirty... watch the games. I say a frackus of some sort will happen during that series.....
So when Raja Bell dropped Kobe and only got one game, that was ok? IMO that was way worse than Horry's foul for two games. Raja flat out clothlined Kobe ON PURPOSE and he admitted it.
You said it best though, Basketball is emotions. Nobody wants to play dirty, but sometimes things happen so fast and you regret them the moment they happen, pure emotions.
Avoiding? or no comment? :D

Chico&Zeus
05-17-2007, 08:45 AM
In my opinion, Horry should have wrapped Nash up, throwing a forearm and pushing him towards the scorekeepers table had too much potential for a serious injury. Everyone expected Nash to get fouled, that's the game. Just pick and choose how you make that foul is all I'm sayin, don't try to kill the guy.

TexasJet
05-17-2007, 08:47 AM
If San Antoino wins the series, Robert Horry should be voted series MVP.

dmontzsta
05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
In my opinion, Horry should have wrapped Nash up, throwing a forearm and pushing him towards the scorekeepers table had too much potential for a serious injury. Everyone expected Nash to get fouled, that's the game. Just pick and choose how you make that foul is all I'm sayin, don't try to kill the guy.
hmmm...funny coming from a guy who is proud and happy of Raja Bell trying to behead Kobe. :confused: ;)
The suns organization, players and fans are the cockiest team in the NBA, hands down. From the Coach and Amare saying some of the most unprofessional stuff, to the fans cheering on when their team injures or tries to injure someone...they are VERY cocky, I guess you get desperate when you have not won a championship and want one so bad, but feel that time is running out.:)

dmontzsta
05-17-2007, 08:49 AM
If San Antoino wins the series, Robert Horry should be voted series MVP.
You mean "WHEN" San Antonio wins the series. :)

Hopdaddie
05-17-2007, 08:50 AM
I was at the game last night.. The SUNS owned the SPURS through the entire game. It came down to the last 30 seconds and SA was able to pull it off. Suns bench just plain ran out of gas. What a killer game it was though!!!

Jyruiz
05-17-2007, 09:20 AM
All kinds of stuff happens in the playoffs, the Suns just need to concentrate on basketball and leave all the name calling and whining behind. Wether teams are dirty or not, is for the officials and the NBA office to decide and pass out suspensions and fines. I know we as NBA fans are emotional and we want our teams to win, but all that matters in the end is the results, no matter who did what to who, nothing is going to change the results.

dmontzsta
05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
All kinds of stuff happens in the playoffs, the Suns just need to concentrate on basketball and leave all the name calling and whining behind. Wether teams are dirty or not, is for the officials and the NBA office to decide and pass out suspensions and fines. I know we as NBA fans are emotional and we want our teams to win, but all that matters in the end is the results, no matter who did what to who, nothing is going to change the results.
Exactly. It makes the suns seem like they are playing as well as they can, but still cannot get passed SAS unless then complain and bitch. All sports are physical, if the refs are letting it play and you are the only ones complaining, what does that tell you? Hey suns fans, the world isnt "YOU". :)

AirtimeLavey
05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
I heard D. Sterns address this saying that even if they come off the bench and don't do anything, just the act of coming of the bench can provoke more problems, therefore the rule had to be enforced. I don't agree, and think that's B.S., expecially in a playoff sitch. like this. While I didn't see it, I heard that Duncan and some other SA else had come off, but didn't get the same treatment.
There's no excuse for Bell's chicken shiat shot on Kobe. Physical play is one thing, cheap shots should be dealt with heavy handed.
I agree on the emotions thing, too. You've got to have passion to play well, and emotions are a huge part of it. There has to be some descretion on how they deal out the punishment based on what is just harmless emotions of the game and what is dirty play. Sometimes, that's not easy.
Good game. Too bad Phx. ran out of gas.

eliminatedsprinter
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
If a team plays tough D then it will do some things that look dirty sometimes. There is a line between tough banging and dirty hitting. Horey crossed the line by putting out his elbow and turning his hip and shoulder into him. If he would have been half a step quicker he could have sent Nash flying just as hard and it would have been clean. The Suns don't look dirty as often as the Spurs, or the Jazz, or the Pistons, because they don't play tough D as often as those teams do. But Bell's flagrently dirty face grab of Koby shows that they can get carried away and cross that line just like any of them can.
P.S. The Suns have shown they can play tough D when they really want too. If they can do it for more than a game or two and run their great offense as well, they might actually get a championship sometime.;)