PDA

View Full Version : Boat slip help at lake Mojave

all faded
05-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know the number or have any information on renting a slip on katherine's landing? Thanks.

LuckyStrike
05-17-2007, 06:20 PM
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE....For Courtesy Docks. Large Boats Are Limited.:mad:
Ive been on the waiting list for a slip going on 4 years now...Easier to by a POS Boat and Donate it to get a Slip.

finsfan4life
05-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Does anyone know the number or have any information on renting a slip on katherine's landing? Thanks.
Dude its a pain...First u have to put ur name on a waiting list. Everyday about 1:00, they do a slip call. If ur lucky you will get one. They have lots of 20 ft slips, the bigger the fewer..IF u want a spot for a weekend, good luck...You need to get there by thr...if ur lucky....

Outnumbered
05-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Ya, that place sucks. If they would just add about 20 to 50 large slips they would nearly eliminate the chaos at the ramp. Either that or pave the north ramp road.

LuckyStrike
05-18-2007, 05:16 AM
Dude its a pain...First u have to put ur name on a waiting list. Everyday about 1:00, they do a slip call. If ur lucky you will get one. They have lots of 20 ft slips, the bigger the fewer..IF u want a spot for a weekend, good luck...You need to get there by thr...if ur lucky....
Thrusday...HA. Tues/Wed if your lucky anymore.
Ive been a regular on that lake going on 9 years now.
Back then Fri morning before noon you could get an end slip (30' over)
Every year it gets worst....Damn Shame too...One of the Greatest Lakes in AZ to boat in as far as Im concerned:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-18-2007, 05:53 AM
You cannot call for a slip. You have to go down there, as the others have said. Oftentimes, if we have a couple of boats, the earliest person there will put everyone's name on the list and maybe even get them the slip before they get there. However, you need the CF/AZ # when paying for it. And please don't get irate with the folks that work there, they don't make the rules. 7 crowns is just a rinky dink outfit mixed with the feds not wanting to spend any $$ to upgrade the place properly.
You can put your name on a waiting list in the fall or very early spring (March) and the chances of you getting a 20 foot slip to rent monthly are pretty good.
The place was built when 18' -20' boats were the norm, so that is what size slips they have. They have only a handful of larger slips to rent.
They did just recently add a bunch of houseboat slips, but those are guaranteed income all year, so it makes sense.
I agree with Outnumbered, they would lessen a lot of the launch ramp issues if they increased the amount of larger slips, or paved the other road.

Chubby4Life
05-18-2007, 06:15 AM
I have a person "on the inside" that I call for off weekend slips. She can usually reserve a slip in her name providing the motel guests haven't requested them, the motel gets first choice. On holiday weekends, I book the cheapiest motel room (way ahead of time). River Palms comps. our stay anyway so I consider it a 100 buck a night slip! well worth it considering the 2-3 hour wait a the launch.
As for the year round slip, I guess you should estimate what size boat you'll have in say, 15 years, and get on that list.:(

Debbolas
05-18-2007, 06:19 AM
If you get on the lake before 9am and off by 3pm the line isn't that bad (even on holidays)
The wait from the mobile estates to the launch is one half hour:D
Anone want to buy a mobile estate at Katherines?

Chubby4Life
05-18-2007, 06:28 AM
If you get on the lake before 9am and off by 3pm the line isn't that bad (even on holidays)
The wait from the mobile estates to the launch is one half hour:D
Anone want to buy a mobile estate at Katherines?
Whaa? I'm not even out of the rack by 9 AM, and the fun doesn't start untill after 3 when the boneheads start packing it in.:D

mobldj
05-18-2007, 06:30 AM
i will be there at 7 am tuesday just to be sure to get one,dont need the zoo to f with.

Debbolas
05-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Whaa? I'm not even out of the rack by 9 AM, and the fun doesn't start untill after 3 when the boneheads start packing it in.:D
oh, right, what was I thinking? :D
mobldj i will be there at 7 am tuesday just to be sure to get one,dont need the zoo to f with.
I think maybe they open at 9am........but that could be their winter hours:confused:

Chubby4Life
05-18-2007, 06:34 AM
i will be there at 7 am tuesday just to be sure to get one,dont need the zoo to f with.
Don't waste your time. My insider already told me the motels got'em all.:(

DILLIGAF
05-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Well, I am one of the lucky ones that has a permanent slip there. Yes, the larger slips are very limited. I was down this AM on the boat already and it is getting busy again. Typicaal knuckleheads in mid-season form...lol
Anyhow, if you stay at the hotel they can get one for you. If not it is just as people say....get in line :).
Feels good to launch at midnight and pull it out whenever I want. I launch my 29 by myself all the time but I avoid the crowds like crazy.
Good luck

dumbandyoung
05-18-2007, 11:33 AM
If you stay at Katherines you can get a slip for the duration of your stay. Just make sure you get your boat out in time or they will chain it up and fine you.

cxr133
05-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I have a person "on the inside" that I call for off weekend slips. She can usually reserve a slip in her name providing the motel guests haven't requested them, the motel gets first choice. On holiday weekends, I book the cheapiest motel room (way ahead of time). River Palms comps. our stay anyway so I consider it a 100 buck a night slip! well worth it considering the 2-3 hour wait a the launch.
As for the year round slip, I guess you should estimate what size boat you'll have in say, 15 years, and get on that list.:(
SOO............... when are you going to start posting cheap rooms for rent to make your money back. and for those of us who look for rooms but they are always BOOKED

Chubby4Life
05-18-2007, 05:43 PM
SOO............... when are you going to start posting cheap rooms for rent to make your money back. and for those of us who look for rooms but they are always BOOKED
I'll keep ya in mind. My folks and other members of our family camp at Nevada Telephone, so I usually give them the key to shower up.:D