PDA

View Full Version : My new DANA EXHAUST #'s

I DIG IT !
05-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Well I got my new exhaust put on my 2000 272 baja, with a stock 502mpi. The install went as well as expected. One side went on way to easy, and the other side took some grinding on the bottom side because the manifold hit the head bolts. Once I got them on and bolted up, they look super cool!!!! I frist ran my 23p marage and gained about 150 to maby 200 RPM's. Then I put my 24 brovo and got about the same results. I think that I might have got 1mph faster on the top end. And the midrange was much more noticeable. Thats just my 2 cents with my boat. I dont know if evevation has tons to do with it but Im arround 2000 feet. So maby at a lower level you might get more????

BOOGEYMAN
05-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey dude!!!
Thats for the ride yesterday and all the good beer drinking..........I feel much better now!! I should bring a hand held weather station out with us sometime so we know the exact air at that time as it will change from day to day and morning to night.
Travis.

I DIG IT !
05-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Yea you were looking a little slow over at mikes. Were just getting primed for the this year. I hope that this weekend is good.

I DIG IT !
05-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow I thought I would get more feed back on this one

JB in so cal
05-21-2007, 04:28 PM
What do you think this is? A boating forum?:rolleyes:

GHT
05-21-2007, 04:37 PM
So, what was the cost (you don't have to answer if you don't want to). And does anyone know how they compare to CMI?
Glad your happy with the new addition. How do they look?
Don

I DIG IT !
05-21-2007, 04:39 PM
It was about $1500.

Powerquestboy
05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
So, what was the cost (you don't have to answer if you don't want to). And does anyone know how they compare to CMI?
Glad your happy with the new addition. How do they look?
Don
I would also love to know what the whole thing cost and if you have pics of what they look like. I have the same motor and I really like CMI's but dont like them enough to spend the money since they are super spendy.

I DIG IT !
05-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I'll go take some right now

GHT
05-21-2007, 04:51 PM
It was about $1500.
Not bad... NOW POST UP SOME PICS!!!:argue: :boxingguy :D (J/K)

ULTRA26 # 1
05-21-2007, 05:04 PM
From what I've read and heard from some guys down here, the Dana system performs close to CMI's. I have an HO in my 26, and went with the CMI's mainly because Dana's system wasn't''t out yet. On an HO, I know for a fact that Dana system installs in about 1/4 of the time. The price of the Dana's is consider ally less and the Dana's look good too. As for the CMI's, they too are quality pieces. They are pricey and on an HO, a pain to install. However, with CMI's I was able to go from a labbed 26 to a labbed 28 and had an increase of at least 4 mph. From a gps'd 77 to a gps'd 81. Both of these top speed figures were with 70 to 80 gallons of fuel, by myself. With 2 people and same fuel, best has been 80.6. All speed runs were done at close to sea level. Next month when I put my boat in CDA Lake, I expect my top speed numbers to drop a bit. As I recall, the elevation there is about 2200 feet.
Seems to me that based on the best bang for the buck and ease of installation, the Dana system would get me vote. Just my.02
John M

I DIG IT !
05-21-2007, 05:38 PM
OK here is a few shots in the garage

Not So Fast
05-21-2007, 05:40 PM
From what I've read and heard from some guys down here, the Dana system performs close to CMI's. I have an HO in my 26, and went with the CMI's mainly because Dana's system wasn't''t out yet. On an HO, I know for a fact that Dana system installs in about 1/4 of the time. The price of the Dana's is consider ally less and the Dana's look good too. As for the CMI's, they too are quality pieces. They are pricey and on an HO, a pain to install. However, with CMI's I was able to go from a labbed 26 to a labbed 28 and had an increase of at least 4 mph. From a gps'd 77 to a gps'd 81. Both of these top speed figures were with 70 to 80 gallons of fuel, by myself. With 2 people and same fuel, best has been 80.6. All speed runs were done at close to sea level. Next month when I put my boat in CDA Lake, I expect my top speed numbers to drop a bit. As I recall, the elevation there is about 2200 feet.
Seems to me that based on the best bang for the buck and ease of installation, the Dana system would get me vote. Just my.02
John M
Yeah, yeah sure John, keep bringing up these outrageous speed numbers, your just trying to embarrass me :D :D :D BTW Mike said he was beside you last trip and confirmed your outrageous numbers, DAMN-IT :( NSF

GHT
05-21-2007, 05:47 PM
They look great! 1,500? That seems to be some of the cheapest MPH you can get.. Well not if it is only 1mph.. Congrats IDI they do look good and now maybe Dana will be the direction I will go this Fall..

ULTRA26 # 1
05-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah, yeah sure John, keep bringing up these outrageous speed numbers, your just trying to embarrass me :D :D :D BTW Mike said he was beside you last trip and confirmed your outrageous numbers, DAMN-IT :( NSF
Bobby, you crack me up. :)
Hope to see you soon.
John M