PDA

View Full Version : This happened to a friend at a local hospital.....

DansBlown73Nordic
05-20-2007, 04:13 PM
At 4:00am, the phone rings; the wife answers the phone and it is the hospital telling her that her husband (he had surgery 2 days before to remove part of his lung due to lung cancer) was not doing good and that she had better get to the hospital ASAP and that it did not look good. The nurse told the wife that she would make sure that she was with her husband and would hold his hand until she arrived at the hospital. The wife contacted her children and they all rushed to the hospital. The nurse greeted the wife and children at the front desk and proceeded to tell them that her husband had passed away. Devasted the wife and children asked to see their husband/father. They went in the room to find out that it was the man in the bed next to their loved one that had actually passed away!!!!! This happened 2 days ago at a local hospital to a very dear friend of mine.
This is totally UNBELIEVABLE and should have NEVER happened!!!

RiverDave
05-20-2007, 04:14 PM
LETS SUE!!! :mad: :mad:
RD

XtrmWakeborder
05-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Mistakes happen by everyone. This was a very very bad one, but I bet they were the happiest they'd been in there life when they realized they were wrong...

phebus
05-20-2007, 05:12 PM
If it was me, I would write them a check, but then have it bounce because I wasn't happy with their work. :D

4trax
05-20-2007, 05:14 PM
LETS SUE!!! :mad: :mad:
RD
SEEEEEE!:mad: Right away. That's what is wrong with todays people there so eager to sue.

Riverkid
05-20-2007, 05:45 PM
You gotta love it. You go in for surgery or something, and they right on your arm/elbow/shoulder/leg just to make sure they work on the right piece with a sharpie...
Guy doing my injections did such a shitty job the next day I did my own. Hospitals suck.

RiverDave
05-20-2007, 05:47 PM
SEEEEEE!:mad: Right away. That's what is wrong with todays people there so eager to sue.
It was a joke 4trax...
RD

ahhell
05-20-2007, 05:48 PM
with the nursing shortage these days Im not surprised, half of the nurses are fresh grads, out making some big bucks on 13 week assignments, can barley start an IV, much less do things like they give a shit cuz they'll be gone in the next couple of weeks...sorry for the rant ...nothing like a 180* emotional slam, at least it was on the good side for them, sorry about the other guy whos family was told he doing fine!!!!!
my .02:D

brad22
05-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Hard to believe they screwed that one up, that is just plain wrong :jawdrop:

Xlration Marine
05-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Ah, NY NY. Boy the stories my mother and brother could tell you about the jack off Dr.'s up their. But here is one. My brother was to get some blood, ass hole Dr. went home. So they had to call his sorry azz to get back there and do it, 2-3 hours latter he shows up. I think my little brother (no legg's) is part cat. He's died enough to be one, not sure how many he has left. And for the past 21 years I sit and waite for that call to go home. Stupid hospitals, and some of the twits that work at them. Stay out of Massena New York.

came along during the sunk boat thread
05-20-2007, 06:07 PM
if they called the family of the person still alive, the deceased guys family didn't get to come while still alive

moneypit
05-20-2007, 06:30 PM
I once order captain and coke and the dumb biatch brought me jack and coke.

Old Texan
05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
if they called the family of the person still alive, the deceased guys family didn't get to come while still alive
So they came "Later"?????:confused:

Marty Gras
05-20-2007, 06:45 PM
"never mind"!

JetBoatRich
05-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Sucks, but there is good news behind it.
I did get a call this morning and it was real, my step mom passed away at the hospital. My sister was by her side.