PDA

View Full Version : Off-Road Crash in Parker

RiverRatMike
05-20-2007, 09:02 PM
There was a off-road crash involving a high performance blue sandrail that crashed into a power poll on Friday evening. I was going to the river house and turned down on my street and saw tons of rescue vehicles and a life flight helicoptor getting ready to land. Just was curious if anyone here knew this guy and what his condition is? Was told they air lifted him to Vegas. The guy looked pretty bad but no damage to the rail that I could tell from my view. I'll post some photos tomorrow....

djunkie
05-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Did you get a good look at the driver? Was it a short kinda heavy guy?

RiverRatMike
05-21-2007, 04:57 AM
Did you get a good look at the driver? Was it a short kinda heavy guy?
he looked, from what I could tell a kinda heavy set driver

boatnam2
05-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Heard about it from the tow truck driver while dealing with my own rhino crash.i did see a guy and lady driving all around friday early in a blue rail.

andy01
05-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Heard about it from the tow truck driver while dealing with my own rhino crash..
This I have to hear about? How can you post that and not give us some details?
Sorry to hear about the other guy in the blue rail.

PunkAssBitch
05-21-2007, 09:11 AM
does anyone know if JP was out there with his rail this weekend?

djunkie
05-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Is his car even running yet? :confused:
I'm not sure. I talked to him last week and he said he was gonna be out there memorial weekend but didn't say anything about this weekend. I'll call him in a little bit.

djunkie
05-21-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm gonna call him in a little bit.

Mrs.Racer277
05-21-2007, 09:13 AM
The description of the driver does not sound like JP.
Hello PAB, how have you been?? :)

djunkie
05-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Wrong JP. My buddy JP has a place in the keys and he has a blue sandrail.

PunkAssBitch
05-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Is his car even running yet? :confused:
Phew! Not JP...got him on the phone. Whomever it is, I hope they'll be okay.

PunkAssBitch
05-21-2007, 09:21 AM
eh...okay. Looking VERY forward to this weekend. I need to decom-fockin-press!!! (see my teenager thread for the latest & greatest adventures) LOL.
How's you???

djunkie
05-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Phew! Not JP...got him on the phone. Whomever it is, I hope they'll be okay.
LOL!!!!!!! I'm on the phone with him right now.

PunkAssBitch
05-21-2007, 09:22 AM
same JP silly! LOL!

Racey
05-21-2007, 09:23 AM
I have a buddy with a place below badenochs his dad has a blue sandrail down there, post some pics when you get the time... hope the guy is alright

Mrs.Racer277
05-21-2007, 09:25 AM
You have buddys????? ;) :D Love you!!! So I hear you are having a party at my house next weekend???
Is this the same guy we met in Ocitillo?

PunkAssBitch
05-21-2007, 09:26 AM
one & the same, Dia. Will you be out for Memorial?

Mrs.Racer277
05-21-2007, 09:27 AM
eh...okay. Looking VERY forward to this weekend. I need to decom-fockin-press!!! (see my teenager thread for the latest & greatest adventures) LOL.
How's you???
Sean was telling me about the thread....I am so sorry..:( I will read it.
I hope you have a GREAT weekend.....Hope to see you sometime soon.:)

djunkie
05-21-2007, 09:27 AM
same JP silly! LOL!
I think she might have been thinking of Jackpunx (Mark). The "kinda heavy set" statement fits JP. Just don't tell him I said that. :D :D

djunkie
05-21-2007, 09:28 AM
You have buddys????? ;) :D Love you!!! So I hear you are having a party at my house next weekend???
Is this the same guy we met in Ocitillo?
Yes that is him.

Mrs.Racer277
05-21-2007, 09:28 AM
one & the same, Dia. Will you be out for Memorial?
I will be in Havi. Are you coming out???????
I think she might have been thinking of Jackpunx (Mark). The "kinda heavy set" statement fits JP. Just don't tell him I said that. :D :D
I am telling :D

Mrs.Racer277
05-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Yes that is him.
Ha Ha I am not totally blond :D :p :p
Now about this party you are throwing :D

PunkAssBitch
05-21-2007, 09:32 AM
yup...will be in Parker, at JP's. I *think* there is plans to go up to Havi either Sat or Sun...hopefully I'll see ya there! :-)

djunkie
05-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Ha Ha I am not totally blond :D :p :p
Now about this party you are throwing :D
Party? I have NO clue what your talking about. :confused: :D

DesertGirl
05-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Angel,
We'll see ya this weekend, and I will try to remember to bring your clothes too! :D

PunkAssBitch
05-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi Angel,
We'll see ya this weekend, and I will try to remember to bring your clothes too! :D
YAAAAAAAAAAAY! Can't wait to see ya! I've really got to cut back on ripping off my clothes while partying...I've had to resort to wearing dishrags with safety pins in the meantime. They chafe my naughty bits :) :devil:

Mrs.Racer277
05-21-2007, 09:46 AM
yup...will be in Parker, at JP's. I *think* there is plans to go up to Havi either Sat or Sun...hopefully I'll see ya there! :-)
That would be great.. You have to come to Havi and play with us. :D

Mrs.Racer277
05-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Party? I have NO clue what your talking about. :confused: :D
Right :devil:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-21-2007, 09:48 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAY! Can't wait to see ya! I've really got to cut back on ripping off my clothes while partying...I've had to resort to wearing dishrags with safety pins in the meantime. They chafe my naughty bits :) :devil:
LMAO!!
;)

djunkie
05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Right :devil:
I do remember hearing something about a bbq at your house on Sunday. :D :D

andy01
05-21-2007, 09:51 AM
What a hi jack....... :)

Mrs.Racer277
05-21-2007, 09:51 AM
What a hi jack....... :)
Ooops sorry :eek:

PunkAssBitch
05-21-2007, 09:54 AM
sorry here too...

andy01
05-21-2007, 09:57 AM
sorry here too...
Don't be, it was a great hijack. Not my thread. I thought it was funny........

boatnam2
05-21-2007, 10:15 AM
This I have to hear about? How can you post that and not give us some details?
Sorry to hear about the other guy in the blue rail.
the guy i seen driving it was older.my story is on rrl in the parker section were people who go to parker post.

SCR INC
05-21-2007, 10:16 AM
So any word who it was? Any pics of the car... Hope he is doing well. Was it near Badnoches?

andy01
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
the guy i seen driving it was older.my story is on rrl in the parker section were people who go to parker post.
Neat, never been to RRL. Hope everything is alright.
Andy

boatnam2
05-21-2007, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=andy01;2574040]Neat, never been to RRL. Hope everything is alright.
Andy[/QUOeverything is alright thanks,need to quite hanging out with all those rich people its not good for you attitude..remember its easier to smile then frown!

Opinionated
05-21-2007, 11:26 AM
There was a off-road crash involving a high performance blue sandrail that crashed into a power poll on Friday evening. I was going to the river house and turned down on my steet and saw tons of rescue vehicles and a life flight helicoptor getting ready to land. Just was curious if anyone here knew this guy and what his condition is? Was told they air lifted him to Vegas. The guy looked pretty bad but no damage to the rail that I could tell from my view. I'll post some photos tomorrow....
Was it a Desert Dynamics car?

djunkie
05-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Was it a Desert Dynamics car?
If your thinking it was JP's DD car it wasn't. Just talked to him a little while ago. Hopefully who ever it was will be ok.

Opinionated
05-21-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't know JP, but I know a guy who has a house in Havasu and takes his car to Parker once in awhile. His name is Rich and he has a blue DD car.

RiverRatMike
05-21-2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31404&stc=1&d=1179794055
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31403&stc=1&d=1179794047
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31402&stc=1&d=1179794039
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31400&stc=1&d=1179794023
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31401&stc=1&d=1179794031

RiverRatMike
05-21-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31406&stc=1&d=1179794246

MudPumper
05-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Looks like it rolled. Damage to the roof rack, damage to the motor cage, and dirt all over the top, upper side cage and motor cage.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31400&stc=1&d=1179794023

boatnam2
05-21-2007, 04:40 PM
looks pretty much like the same spot riverlivers buddy almost bought the farm in his odesey...

RiverRatMike
05-21-2007, 04:42 PM
looks pretty much like the same spot riverlivers buddy almost bought the farm in his odesey...
yup same spot. seen quite a few crashes in that area over the years. People need to slow down!

Boatcop
05-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Passengers were ejected.
What the hell were they doing jammin' in one of those without belts or harness on?

Boatcop
05-21-2007, 04:55 PM
That CareFlight chopper lives right behind my house.
When they first based it there, it kinda annoyed me when they took off right over my house. Then I started to think about if they had to come after me. Would I want them to alter their flight plan and cost a few minutes?
Now it's kind of comforting.

essexjet
05-21-2007, 04:56 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31403&stc=1&d=1179794047
Doesn't look good, picture is hard to see but it looks like they are bagging the patient.

PunkAssBitch
05-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Passengers were ejected.
What the hell were they doing jammin' in one of those without belts or harness on?
:::sigh::: I've lost a few friends for the exact same reason...and they all would've walked away pretty much unharmed if they had only buckled up. :(
I sincerely hope that the victims of this accident make full recoveries.

shrek
05-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Passengers were ejected.
Thats unfortunate, with the amount of damage, they probably would have kept right on trucking with a good story if they had been strapped in.
You ALWAYS have to buckle up like you are going to get in the big wreck.
Hopefully this is a good lesson to everyone, including myself.
Shrek

Ziggy
05-21-2007, 05:09 PM
They say most accident happen within 5 miles of your home, especially if just on an errand.....we humans tend to get sloppy for the quick ride around the block, so to speak.
I sure hope these people will be ok..

RiverRatMike
05-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Passengers were ejected.
my thoughts exactly

Riverkid
05-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Is that a Penhall buggy?

boatnam2
05-21-2007, 05:43 PM
our rhino got stuck this weekend just after dark,i could see from a couple of miles away they were trying to get out....well my brother which i guess tryed like 20 times to get out but couldnt buckled up everytime except the last time(verified by my wife)the last time he made it out only to go over the top into a another revene unbuckled and rolled just once thank god he was ejected and got a little road rash but came out pretty good after seeing what he did.

RiverRatMike
05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
They say most accident happen within 5 miles of your home, especially if just on an errand.....we humans tend to get sloppy for the quick ride around the block, so to speak.
I sure hope these people will be ok..
was hoping to find out what happened with this guy but no one seems to know anything about him.

JGRiver
05-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Those were my friends in the car. All 3 in the backseat were ejected from the car. The guy you see being airlifted was sent to Vegas and is doing better, and coming home tomorrow. His wife was airlifted to Phoenix and is now home and has a few fractures. The third guy in the backseat was also later airlifted to Vegas with some neck and shoulder damage but is now also home safely here in orange county. The driver was fine and passenger had a broken arm. All were lucky to be alive, let alone walking around and on the road to a full recovery. The car is owned by friends of ours who live near Badenochs and we all have places on the California side of the river at River Shore. Thanks for the pictures and the thoughts and concern.

Robert1050
05-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Wow! I'm going to have to check on this one - it sounds like the crash my neighbors where in (they live right next door to us in Anaheim), Robert & Chrisa - they were the passengers in the back seat. Chrisa came home yesterday with her mom, my G/F & I spent some time talking to her last night. She's doing OK, but is having a lot of trouble getting around (fractures). Robert will be released from the hospital in Vegas in the next couple of days, but he's still suffering from his head injury. Still has some short term memory loss. Chrisa doesn't remember anything from the accident.

RiverRatMike
05-30-2007, 05:06 AM
Those were my friends in the car. All 3 in the backseat were ejected from the car. The guy you see being airlifted was sent to Vegas and is doing better, and coming home tomorrow. His wife was airlifted to Phoenix and is now home and has a few fractures. The third guy in the backseat was also later airlifted to Vegas with some neck and shoulder damage but is now also home safely here in orange county. The driver was fine and passenger had a broken arm. All were lucky to be alive, let alone walking around and on the road to a full recovery. The car is owned by friends of ours who live near Badenochs and we all have places on the California side of the river at River Shore. Thanks for the pictures and the thoughts and concern.
thanks for the update

faster
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Any More updates on this? I am in River Shore, Hope everyone is doing ok

Trailer Park Casanova
05-30-2007, 05:25 PM
:::sigh::: I've lost a few friends for the exact same reason...and they all would've walked away pretty much unharmed if they had only buckled up. :(
I sincerely hope that the victims of this accident make full recoveries.
The owner of the Chuys restaurant chain, Mark Evanson,, a quadrapelegic from a simple rollover in his jeep near Tucson.
41 store, very sucessfull chain west of Texas,, he finally made it big, a multi millionaire and didn't buckle his belt.
AZ highway workers said he was traveling about 30 MPH, turned the wheel to avoid a traffic cone when the rollover happened.
I'd rather be broke and walking than rich and a quad.

hollywood7
05-30-2007, 07:28 PM
robert- it was the accident with Rob and Chrisa.
Everybody is doing well and lucky and happy and thankful to be alive.
There were 5 of us in the buggy and 4 of us were injured. The driver is alright physically but very shaken.
The front passenger broke her arm and had surgery and is home doing well.
I was in the rear driver side, and rob and Chrisa were next to me in the back, we were all ejected, i had surgery to fuse my c-7 and t-1 together with titanium and a broken scapula (shoulder), i went home the thursday after the accident and am doing well.
Chrisa is home with broken ribs and a collapsed lung, and broken pelvis, and healing.
Rob came home today from vegas and is going to have to do some therapy for his severe concussion. He is doing much better now than he was a few days ago but still feeling the effects and having some trouble. Hopefully he will continue to heal quickly and make a full recovery. He also has a broken pelvis.
Thank you everybody for your thoughts, prayers, and concerns.

hollywood7
05-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Any More updates on this? I am in River Shore, Hope everyone is doing ok
we are in rivershore also, we were visiting our friends across the river at the time.

Phat Matt
05-30-2007, 08:01 PM
What happened and how come it seems nobody was buckled in? :confused:
I am glad everyone is doing better.

faster
05-31-2007, 02:11 PM
we are in rivershore also, we were visiting our friends across the river at the time.
Sounds like everybody was busted up pretty good but are all doing much better now.
I'll be out there soon. PM me if you need me to check on your place or anything as I'm sure you left in a bit of a hurry. My name is John and I'm on the up river side of the park 2nd row up.
Heal Fast

tapialuv
06-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm Chrisa's cousin, Julianna. It warms my heart to see how many people have showed their concern for complete strangers, thank you all! And thank you to Derek for responding with such factual details! Hope you are feeling better!!!
I am amazed at how quickly everyone is healing and just pray that Robert will feel the power of all of the prayers going out for him and have a full recovery, fast. He is now in a hospital where he can see his wife, family, and friends everyday, which I think will really help:)

MudPumper
06-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Let this be a lesson guys. Take the extra 15 sec and buckle your belts. Even if you are just going down the street. I'm sure all of this could have been avoided. Glad everybody is recovering. :)

Chipster27
06-02-2007, 04:38 AM
As they say when you ride bikes, don't dress for the ride, dress for the crash. Saved my bacon twice...

Robert1050
06-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the update guys, I just got back from Havasu (late) and didn't have an internet connection. I'll stop by & check in with Chrisa tomorrow when I get home from work.

Wet Dream
06-05-2007, 05:17 AM
What happened and how come it seems nobody was buckled in? :confused:
I'm glad everyone is ok. But as many times as this question has been asked, the only reply seems to be "thanks for the well wishes". Nobody has addressed this question and come up with some logical explanation as to why all 5 of them thought it was a great idea to take a ride in a serious buggy, and never had the bright light come on and think "I have to put on my seatbelt". Anyone want to take another ride in one and not put your belts on again?

jackpunx
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
OH.. You aint right!..LOL.. Im tellin JP:D