PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather and Spinks

buzzaro
05-20-2007, 10:53 PM
are the reason boxing doesnt have the popularity it once did. These guys suck. Theres a reason its called a fight and someone should explain it to them. On the other hand, if there were more fighter like Miranda and Pavlik things could be different. The Miranda/Pavlik fight was awesome.

johnny8052
05-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Looks like an azz kicker!!! If you like the way Arturo Gatti and Mickey Ward fight, you will love Kelly Pavlik

johnny8052
05-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Ricky "the Hitman" Hatton is another great "blood n' guts" fighter who will be fighting Jose Luis Castillo (a tough SOB) on june 23. should be a great fight.

johnny8052
05-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Corey Spinks

Trailer Park Casanova
05-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Corey Spinks
Any kin to Leon?
http://www.nndb.com/people/248/000023179/spinks-sized.jpg

johnny8052
05-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Corey is related to both Leon and Michael. They mentioned it on the Hbo broadcast of the spinks/Taylor fight. I forget how they are related

Charley
05-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I think Boxing's days are numbered .... I do enjoy watching people like Kessler fight though

johnny8052
05-21-2007, 08:16 PM
The heavyweight divison is in shambles, but alot of these smaller guys can fight. If you have HBO, watch the pavlik/miranda fight. It is on the undercard of the spinks/taylor fight. It will probalbly be on the different Hbo's all week long.

HOOTER SLED-
05-22-2007, 04:25 AM
are the reason boxing doesnt have the popularity it once did. These guys suck. Theres a reason its called a fight and someone should explain it to them. On the other hand, if there were more fighter like Miranda and Pavlik things could be different. The Miranda/Pavlik fight was awesome.
Mayweather yes. That knucklehead danced around the whole fight to protect his undefeated record. That's what he does. Spinks on the other hand was at least throwing some punches. He just couldn't land shit on Taylor. Taylor wasn't exactly super aggressive either. That's why Emammanuel Lewis kept jumping in his shit in the corner. These damn knucklehead fighters nowadays just wanna protect their records and status by running, and doing just enough to win on the cards. Fans wanna see action. That's why the Miranda Pavlik fight was so exciting. Now let's watch Taylor dance around and avoid fighting Pavlik, even though he is the #1 contender, and that SHOULD be his next fight. Taylor's statement at the end of the fight summed up the mentality nowadays. He said he'll fight Pavlik if the money is right. Even though he was acting like a bad ass and chirping off at the press conference about how he'll fight anyone, anytime. The best fighters IMO are the ones with heart and fight for the love of the sport, not a paycheck.

HOOTER SLED-
05-22-2007, 04:29 AM
Ricky "the Hitman" Hatton is another great "blood n' guts" fighter who will be fighting Jose Luis Castillo (a tough SOB) on june 23. should be a great fight.
This will be another good fight for sure. Lots of energy with these guys. :)

framer1
05-22-2007, 04:31 AM
Pretty sad but who is the heavy weight champion:confused: This is coming from an old boxing fan.

HOOTER SLED-
05-22-2007, 04:31 AM
Looks like an azz kicker!!! If you like the way Arturo Gatti and Mickey Ward fight, you will love Kelly Pavlik
Pavlik should definetely start gaining popularity. The Gatti/Ward fights were some of the best ever fights I've seen. :)

HOOTER SLED-
05-22-2007, 04:34 AM
Pretty sad but who is the heavy weight champion:confused: This is coming from an old boxing fan.
LOL..........I believe 3 belts are held by Russians currently, and 1 by Shannon Briggs I think. The Russians are giants. Klitchko is the most credible I believe. He has a fight coming up with Lamon Brewster. It's a rematch. Brewster knocked him out last fight. I think it should be a decent fight.