PDA

View Full Version : Smokers

Magnuman
05-21-2007, 05:09 PM
I saw this thread today and besides the photos of the beautiful women, I was also looking at the smoker.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9639donscookin1.jpg
I am thinking about getting one and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding types of smokers to buy?
What is the liquid on the bottom rack of the smoker?
Grease trap or liquid to keep meats moist?

Jbb
05-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Read it...Understand it...Live it.. (http://www.thesmokering.com/)
Some of the best sauce you can buy.....is local to you...JD Kinders....:D

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 05:19 PM
I hear this guy smokes a mean pole. ;)

Goldilocks
05-21-2007, 06:20 PM
LOL :D

Dons_donzi
05-21-2007, 06:27 PM
That guy with the smoker.... reminds me of a guy i knew in Vegas, was he in the military...? like 15 years ago...? hmmm... Morgan..? naaaa... no way.
that guy would NEVER turn out to be a boater....
:confused: :idea:

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
That guy with the smoker.... reminds me of a guy i knew in Vegas, was he in the military...? like 15 years ago...? hmmm... Morgan..? naaaa... no way.
That is him. :)

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah, and he is on the boards here too.
GHT
:D

Dons_donzi
05-21-2007, 06:39 PM
you got to be Sh!tn me......???
at least he cut some of the hair off.... Haaa......
(let me make sure he dont have no dirt on me.... :idea: :confused: )
oh hell... he went to Canada one year we went... i think...?? FUDGE...
never mind.... cant risk that :D
whats his board name... vegasbaby or some $h!t...?

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 06:47 PM
GHT is his board name.
Vegasbaby is a friend of his.

Dons_donzi
05-21-2007, 06:52 PM
awwww fock.... i sent a message to the wrong guy...
(oh well..)

Dons_donzi
05-21-2007, 06:53 PM
what was he posting in lately... so i can hook him up.?

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
what was he posting in lately... so i can hook him up.?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1768192

Dons_donzi
05-21-2007, 07:32 PM
well hell.... i might have to drag the boat to the river this weekend after all...
twist my mfockin arm why dont ya....
Thanks PM

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 07:37 PM
well hell.... i might have to drag the boat to the river this weekend after all...
twist my mfockin arm why dont ya....
Thanks PM
Yep. :)

GHT
05-21-2007, 07:59 PM
I saw this thread today and besides the photos of the beautiful women, I was also looking at the smoker.
I am thinking about getting one and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding types of smokers to buy?
What is the liquid on the bottom rack of the smoker?
Grease trap or liquid to keep meats moist?
Okay, here is the skinny:
#1. It is a Great Outdoors "Smokey Mountain Series"
#2. The liquid in the bottom is Water and a bunch of sliced onions to give it a little extra sizzle.
#3. The box under the Water is the smoker box and it has the Wood in it.
#4. You should soak the wood the night before. I soak the chips in America's finest "Keystone Light".
#5. The two upper racks are seasoned pork ribs and the lower rack is seasoned Brisket.
#6. If you want more tips or information you can PM me and I will go over more verbally.
#7. Ask ANYONE (and many on these boards) about my smoked Salmon, Smoked Turkeys, Brisket, Ribs, Shark, Chicken, etc.
Also, the smoker is availiable at Walmart. If you want my recommendation I would get the next size bigger.
don

GHT
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Got the PM and Yes Phat Matt was right. AMAZING that I would run into Don. We have a lot of catching up to do. Again, let me know when you get some time off from the Chain Gang. Can't believe they let you out of Levenworth..:D
See all you Na Sayers!!!!! HB is far reaching and OMNI POWERFUL.. Donald Trump may be looking for employees here too..

Dons_donzi
05-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Got the PM and Yes Phat Matt was right. AMAZING that I would run into Don. We have a lot of catching up to do. Again, let me know when you get some time off from the Chain Gang. Can't believe they let you out of Levenworth..:D
See all you Na Sayers!!!!! HB is far reaching and OMNI POWERFUL.. Donald Trump may be looking for employees here too..
Yep, we'll have a few brew's and see whats new...
thats cool running into people from WAY back on here... damn.
but sounds like you bailed at a good time dude, i've been to "the stans" and the sands more times that i can count... Bosnia and Kosavo before that...
so... your lucky you got out and sounds like your doing good....
damn... i'm about retired and gotta start over AGAIN. $h!t
ahhhhh, but its so much fun..... :D

C-2
05-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for putting that smoker info up GHT. I'm more of a traditional type with the offset firebox...but seeing that switch and gas line looks pretty inviting.
You could stack twice as many ribs in there with a simple cut and stacking them vertical on rib racks?
What's the temp range on that machine (125-400?), and how does it hold the temp?
-----------

Tom Brown
05-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Full featured smokers come with accessories, such as the handy barbecue tongs pictured here.

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Full featured smokers come with accessories, such as the handy barbecue tongs pictured here.
LOL. Nice pliers. :D

I GOT LUCKY!
05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
All you need to look for in your new smoker is a big rack. Nothing else matters :D

Tom Brown
05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
LOL. Nice pliers. :D
I generally use water pump pliers for long racks of ribs such as that and use lineman's pliers for smaller items like fish and shrimp.

Dons_donzi
05-21-2007, 09:09 PM
oh hell... thats gotta be for pullin out them hot racks...
thats a lot of meat to pull out of there by tongs....
I got ur back man.... :D

Dons_donzi
05-21-2007, 09:13 PM
oh hell... thats gotta be for pullin out them hot racks...
thats a lot of meat to pull out of there by tongs....
I got ur back man.... :D
on second thought.... i'll let you watch your own back... :eek:

GHT
05-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks for putting that smoker info up GHT. I'm more of a traditional type with the offset firebox...but seeing that switch and gas line looks pretty inviting.
You could stack twice as many ribs in there with a simple cut and stacking them vertical on rib racks?
What's the temp range on that machine (125-400?), and how does it hold the temp?
-----------
Yea, I could cut the meat and all would stack better but they offer another model that is the same depth but twice as wide. You won't have to cut
SH1t. The gas does make it easier and I change out the chips every 30 (for heavy smoke taste and every 45 (for a nice smokey taste). The temp holds great and I usually cook around 250 or so. It is less work then grilling IMO because you don't have to stand there and watch the flames and potential over cooking.

GHT
05-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Actually you have to use pliers or channel locks to change the "smoker box" if you just use hot pan holders they will go up in flames. You can't forget I'm messing around with ONE HOT BOX there..:devil: :D

Tom Brown
05-21-2007, 09:27 PM
You're not sporting much of a package bulge. Did you have an accident on your bike when you were a kid?

GHT
05-21-2007, 09:28 PM
on second thought.... i'll let you watch your own back... :eek:
Thanks because with all these peeps you never know what drama you will start with a comment like that..:jawdrop: :hammer2:

GHT
05-21-2007, 09:30 PM
You're not sporting much of a package bulge. Did you have an accident on your bike when you were a kid?
Tom I remember what you told me back in Frisco... "Sometimes it is better to tuck it and not flaunt it".:D :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
05-21-2007, 09:32 PM
lmao! :D
These are my favorite threads..... the ones that start with an innocent question and then we beat the hell out of everything and everyone we can possibly connect with a punch. :D

GHT
05-21-2007, 09:34 PM
These are my favorite threads..... the ones that start with an innocent question and then we beat the hell out of everything and everyone we can possibly connect with a punch. :D
Tom did you still need me to send your glasses back? :D

Tom Brown
05-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Please send them. I'll sell them on eBay as memorabilia from Elton John's 'Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy' recording sessions.
Two teas. Both with sugar, please.

GHT
05-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Please send them. I'll sell them on eBay as memorabilia from Elton John's 'Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy' recording sessions.
Two teas. Both with sugar, please.
Now that was F'ing funny. I should know better than mess with u.:mad: :)

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't even remember the original question. :D