PDA

View Full Version : Season Finale of "24" tonight!!!!

RaceFace
05-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Can't wait!!! :D :D

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Me either.

Goldilocks
05-21-2007, 06:31 PM
30 minutes till it starts!!

duner21
05-21-2007, 06:59 PM
watching it now! Should be a great last hour!

westair
05-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Haven't finished season five yet .... its been the best so far. Rented
all five seasons ... you get totally hooked on it!!

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 09:01 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm

Goldilocks
05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Interesting. Can't wait for next season.
Jack Bauer is a superhero :)

Magic34
05-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Anyone have any ideas on what next season is about yet?

Goldilocks
05-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Jack kills a bunch of people and also saves the world a few times :D

Phat Matt
05-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Jack kills a bunch of people and also saves the world a few times :D
Don't give it away. LOL. :D

Not So Fast
05-22-2007, 07:15 AM
I have heard from reliable sources and keep this quiet, Jack turns GAY and marches in the S.F. parade :D :D :D J/K He will be back with a vengeance, believe it, great series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF PS--Hey Magic34, I never saw you for D.S. and my trial bottle of your product, now what ????? NSF

Magic34
05-22-2007, 07:50 AM
NSF PS--Hey Magic34, I never saw you for D.S. and my trial bottle of your product, now what ????? NSF
That is because I was not there.:( My boat wasn't ready yet.
I sent you a PM with my email adress. Shoot me an email and I'll get something sent to you.
Thanks.
Michael

Froggystyle
05-22-2007, 08:09 AM
I thought they had done a pretty good job wrapping up loose ends in this season, like the Ex pres being shot dead, Palmer on life support, Jack's dad dying, His evil brother (behind three of the six seasons so far...) being killed by his Dad, Blackjack (Curtis) is dead, Chole is knocked up, Morris is broken, Milo is dead, Cheng is captured, Buchanan and Katherine and his wife are both resigned etc...
Then I started thinking about possibilities... Cheng is certainly a threat still. His parting words were somewhat suspense-laden. We never actually saw Gredenko die, and sure as hell Jack and CTU didn't... If you think about it, we never saw Phillip Bauer die either. He was shot, who knows how badly, but abandoned right next to an escape vehicle. One with a transmitter for a Chinese sub. That could come back. I think Josh plays a far larger role than as a grandfather's prodigy too... I think he is Jacks kid, and Phillip knows it. They made a really big deal about Jack going hugely out of his way to save him... I think that is going to come back.
I am least happy about the Audrey thing. SecDef should remember that Jack saved his and Audrey's life. The only reason they are both around to fear him is because he saved them. I can't believe he doesn't have more loyalty towards Jack. Disturbing.
So, there are more potential loose ends than I thought. You have rogue generals running Moscow it appears, a very shaky Russian military security... and two more potential sub-circuit boards out there in CTU's hands. (which I never understood why the Chinese never took down... Seems easier to take down CTU than to do an exchange with Bauer, who is probably going to kill you.
You know the Iranians are pissed. As far as they know, we launched a nuclear missle at them. It has only been six hours since that happenned.
That homo Reed is still out there for trading as well. He is certainly going down for treason, and if all he had on the government was Katherine and Bill's indiscretion... he is hosed.
I can't remember if Aaron is dead or not. If not... I suspect he will take a larger role. I think Katherine and Bill are going to end up in another organization like CIA too. Covert, trained and capable...
Any other theories?
Best quote of the season... by Mike Doyle after he walked in and found all of the dead bodies and Fayed hanging from the chains... "Damn Jack..."
Second best was last night by Jack though. "We are going to dissapear. I am good at that. If you send people after us, I will kill them... pretty good at that too"

Phat Matt
05-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Second best was last night by Jack though. "We are going to dissapear. I am good at that. If you send people after us, I will kill them... pretty good at that too"
That was pretty funny. :)

Magic34
05-22-2007, 08:32 AM
I dont think Phillip is dead. He left him by a damn boat and alive.

Garrddogg
05-22-2007, 08:46 AM
I dont think Phillip is dead. He left him by a damn boat and alive.
And he had the circuit board too.. ( hes in China by now!)LOL

Quest4Fun
05-22-2007, 08:54 AM
I think that Phillip is alive and that Josh is Jack's son.

Froggystyle
05-22-2007, 09:00 AM
IThere were a few times that they made sure to show how much Josh was like Jack and how much he looked up to him.
I was actually standing and cheering when Josh shot Phillip. Jack had to talk him down!
That kid is hard... he is certainly going to follow Jack in subsequent seasons.
You know who is out of the picture still completely? Jack's daughter. Mentioned this season, but not shown at all. Hmmmm....
Anyone ever read "Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy? That book was half of the reason I wanted to be a SEAL. I think I might have bought an International Scout because he had one in retrospect. I see Jack pulling some shit like that in the next season. Nothing international... something domestic. Aryans, Michigan Militia, La Raza... something like that. Like he is going to break into a domestic crime syndicate because he found out Kim is in prostitution or something...

HBjet
05-22-2007, 09:10 AM
I am glad that season is over... not the best 24 at all... I think it was more like two mini 24's wrapped up in one season. As for how they left it - I think they left it open to any possibility. The next season needs to rock for sure. Yeah, I am thinking Jack's father is still alive and has the circuit board too. I think that is lame Jack didn't ask for it or where it was.
Also, how the hell does a Chinese sub enter American waters (6 miles off the coast) and our first knowledge about it is from the Russians? Come on...
Whatever happened to the people District sent down to CTU to take over Nadia's position... are they still sitting in that conference room? As for Milo's brother - that was a lame scene and sure, CTU lets civilians clean out killed agents lockers... haha!
Anyways, I am looking forward to day 7.
HBjet

Froggystyle
05-22-2007, 10:16 AM
As for Milo's brother - that was a lame scene and sure, CTU lets civilians clean out killed agents lockers... haha!
Yeah, and Nadia doesn't know who he is? She would have had to order him there...
That scene did get a gong from me too...

Magic34
05-22-2007, 10:26 AM
It sucks having to wait until January. However, it is nice to have my Monday nights back.

Magic34
05-22-2007, 10:28 AM
I was actually standing and cheering when Josh shot Phillip. Jack had to talk him down!
When Phillip surfaces again, the kid is going to become even more hard core because he will kow that he should have killed him when he had the chance.

HBjet
05-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I almost forgot - the biggest question was not answered last night...
What did the United States trade with the Chinese to get Jack back?
I always thought it was Audry because the Chinese knew Jack would go looking for her.
HBjet

Froggystyle
05-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I almost forgot - the biggest question was not answered last night...
What did the United States trade with the Chinese to get Jack back?
I always thought it was Audry because the Chinese knew Jack would go looking for her.
HBjet
Great question, never answered. Sounded like a hefty price though...

STV_Keith
05-22-2007, 12:29 PM
You know who is out of the picture still completely? Jack's daughter. Mentioned this season, but not shown at all. Hmmmm....
I wish the kid would have put at least 2 more in him too! If Jack couldn't shoot him, he should have at least shot the damn blow-up boat.
And I was disappointed that they didn't show Elisha Cuthbert not ONCE! I know she's all busy doing movies now, but damn! (She's HOT) ;)

Not So Fast
05-22-2007, 12:40 PM
I thought they had done a pretty good job wrapping up loose ends in this season, like the Ex pres being shot dead, Palmer on life support, Jack's dad dying, His evil brother (behind three of the six seasons so far...) being killed by his Dad, Blackjack (Curtis) is dead, Chole is knocked up, Morris is broken, Milo is dead, Cheng is captured, Buchanan and Katherine and his wife are both resigned etc...
Then I started thinking about possibilities... Cheng is certainly a threat still. His parting words were somewhat suspense-laden. We never actually saw Gredenko die, and sure as hell Jack and CTU didn't... If you think about it, we never saw Phillip Bauer die either. He was shot, who knows how badly, but abandoned right next to an escape vehicle. One with a transmitter for a Chinese sub. That could come back. I think Josh plays a far larger role than as a grandfather's prodigy too... I think he is Jacks kid, and Phillip knows it. They made a really big deal about Jack going hugely out of his way to save him... I think that is going to come back.
I am least happy about the Audrey thing. SecDef should remember that Jack saved his and Audrey's life. The only reason they are both around to fear him is because he saved them. I can't believe he doesn't have more loyalty towards Jack. Disturbing.
So, there are more potential loose ends than I thought. You have rogue generals running Moscow it appears, a very shaky Russian military security... and two more potential sub-circuit boards out there in CTU's hands. (which I never understood why the Chinese never took down... Seems easier to take down CTU than to do an exchange with Bauer, who is probably going to kill you.
You know the Iranians are pissed. As far as they know, we launched a nuclear missle at them. It has only been six hours since that happenned.
That homo Reed is still out there for trading as well. He is certainly going down for treason, and if all he had on the government was Katherine and Bill's indiscretion... he is hosed.
I can't remember if Aaron is dead or not. If not... I suspect he will take a larger role. I think Katherine and Bill are going to end up in another organization like CIA too. Covert, trained and capable...
Any other theories?
Best quote of the season... by Mike Doyle after he walked in and found all of the dead bodies and Fayed hanging from the chains... "Damn Jack..."
Damn Wes, you are really into this show arent you, I cant remember yesterday :confused: You never mentioned any knowledge of Richard Marcinko in my earlier references to him, his books are fantastic, especially #1, Rogue Warrior, he remnds me a lot of young Jack Bauer ya think?? NSF

Froggystyle
05-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Damn Wes, you are really into this show arent you, I cant remember yesterday :confused: You never mentioned any knowledge of Richard Marcinko in my earlier references to him, his books are fantastic, especially #1, Rogue Warrior, he remnds me a lot of young Jack Bauer ya think?? NSF
Except that he is even more fabricated in those books than Jack. :D
There was enough reality in those books to really piss off SEALs that were doing the job back then because he acted like he had actually done that stuff with these guys, and they all knew that it wasn't even close to that way. I have spoken with a lot of folks in the teams upset with the superhero "Demo Dick, Sharkman of the Delta" personna used in the books, and while entertaining, made a lot of folks cringe at the type of image being portrayed about SEALs. The man was bad ass to be sure, but no superhero... Pure non-fiction would have sold more books too.

AZKC
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Jack, Art and Chuck walk into a Bar:D
Pretty good show this year, they played it smart going back to back episodes:)

JustMVG
05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Well Done Wes wrapping up the finale, now if it is Jacks son, then why isn't there any romantic interaction with Jack and Josh's mother..... And remember there is a 24 movie in the works, all in all this was a good season, i kinda felt they were going down the "Jump the Shark" way but they got away from that pretty well. We can't have Jacks Dad dead, hes a great villian, Josh i feel will prolly become a CTU agent, following in his Uncle/Dad's footsteps, and what a great teacher he would have, the kid already has the taste of it, and he looked like he knew how to use the pistol and didn't have any trouble sharing a bullet with Grandpa, now if Dad makes it to China, all his dreams could go right out the window and leaving Jack to come get him and save him from the same fate that he went thru.
But i am wondering how much more the City of LA and the Valley can take before they are wiped off of the map by the 24 folks.

STV_Keith
05-22-2007, 02:49 PM
if it is Jacks son, then why isn't there any romantic interaction with Jack and Josh's mother.....
There was some mention during the season (especially the 2nd or 3rd hour at his brothers' house) where they mentioned them having been involved before she got with his brother. They gave each other that look at few times too. Maybe she was prego with Jacks' kid before hooking up with the brother.

Debbolas
05-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Anyone ever read "Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy? That book was half of the reason I wanted to be a SEAL. I think I might have bought an International Scout because he had one in retrospect. I see Jack pulling some shit like that in the next season. Nothing international... something domestic. Aryans, Michigan Militia, La Raza... something like that. Like he is going to break into a domestic crime syndicate because he found out Kim is in prostitution or something...
Excellent book :D
I was kinda concerned about Jack at the end, he seemed kinda confused, like, there was nothing for him to kill at the moment,
so what should he do?
1) go to the mall?
2) nap?
3) take a shower?
I love this show, I just wish they all didn't look so fresh after staying up for 24hrs straight.....I know I wouldn't look like that if I had too;) Let them get a little gritty.:D

ChumpChange
05-22-2007, 04:06 PM
But i am wondering how much more the City of LA and the Valley can take before they are wiped off of the map by the 24 folks.
There have been articles posted that following seasons might escape the LA area.
:idea:

Not So Fast
05-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Except that he is even more fabricated in those books than Jack. :D
There was enough reality in those books to really piss off SEALs that were doing the job back then because he acted like he had actually done that stuff with these guys, and they all knew that it wasn't even close to that way. I have spoken with a lot of folks in the teams upset with the superhero "Demo Dick, Sharkman of the Delta" personna used in the books, and while entertaining, made a lot of folks cringe at the type of image being portrayed about SEALs. The man was bad ass to be sure, but no superhero... Pure non-fiction would have sold more books too.
I was under the impression that book # 1 was an auto biography based on fact or at least his telling of his experiences in Nam ??? Please tell me that its somewhat true cause he's the type of person we need in times of war instead of namby pamby politicians directing our fighting men and women :( I realize the other books are fiction but nonetheless good reading IMO!!!! NSF