PDA

View Full Version : The "hand wave"

lewiville
05-21-2007, 09:35 PM
ok, I know that there was a fishing turney this last weekend, but what the hell happened to the "hand wave"? Just to let people know you see them. WTF! I never assume that people see me I of course I wave and let them know I see them....DUH

bignet
05-21-2007, 09:44 PM
U know, that was one of the coolest things about our sport. The wave always meant, "Good Times!". A friendly hand wave doesn't seem that hard to do, but I swear there are some f*ckers that think they're baddasses, and just stare. Whatever f*cker!
:devil:
bignet

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-21-2007, 09:44 PM
we wave all the time but most of the time nothin back.. fricken snobs..

bignet
05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
exactly....we all need to get HB stickies, so we know when it's cool to wave! :D

MR HARLEY
05-21-2007, 09:53 PM
We wave all the time, or at least that's what I was learnded when I was a yougin to do, especially when I see orange flags up and people in the water. :)

05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
We wave all the time, or at least that's what I was learnded when I was a yougin to do, especially when I see orange flags up and people in the water. :)
so true most the f'ers just blow by the people in
the water and probably dont see them

Ziggy
05-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Ditto, anything within a normal passing distance needing acknowledgement, and particularly when a skier down.............................................. .................................................. and the cute ladies;) :D

Kilrtoy
05-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Like this
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/192dcbwave.JPG

Throttle
05-21-2007, 11:03 PM
always a nice gesture... have a nice day...

twowheeledfish
05-21-2007, 11:30 PM
The fishermen on boats up here seem to be keenly inept at waving.

LuckyDaze
05-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Im a waver, its the only way I know how to acknowledge that there may be a skier in the water, or that you have a cool boat, or sometimes I wave and it means, "Im at the river too and I have beer and I like it out here!" And other times I give the hang ten sign, or the peace sign or some sort of friendly gesture. (however if you are a jet skier and just cut me off another gesture may be coming your way.) It is dumb when people don't wave back. Makes me think they don't really want to be out there.... Makes me wonder if they bought that big old boat to draw some puss* and it isn't working, so they don't wave because they are all pissed off their 120k boat didn't get them laid.
Maybe the fisherman you waved at hooked the wrong worm? I would be hard pressed to wave if I did that to myself! lol :)
Ok, one more beer and off to bed.
~Brian

Kokopelli
05-22-2007, 03:10 AM
what the hell happened to the "hand wave"? Just to let people know you see them. WTF! I never assume that people see me I of course I wave and let them know I see them....DUH
You must have been on Havasu. The hand wave is alive and well in most other places - like Parker.

EAZYKILLER2006
05-22-2007, 03:51 AM
like this
we always wave
see everyone thurs ...
we will be out for 2 weeks straight!!!
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/THEWETKITTY.jpg
ok, I know that there was a fishing turney this last weekend, but what the hell happened to the "hand wave"? Just to let people know you see them. WTF! I never assume that people see me I of course I wave and let them know I see them....DUH

RitcheyRch
05-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Same thing we do plus always figured being nice was the best thing to do.
:D

Dan Lorenze
05-22-2007, 05:33 AM
I always wave.... :)

Debbolas
05-22-2007, 05:40 AM
I've found that most people around Park Moabi wave..........:D
Hardly anyone waves up at Lake Mojave :rolleyes:
Want an interesting reaction? Throw the shocker :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-22-2007, 06:41 AM
we are wavers too. ;) Its makes a good river vibe. :D
And I thought the waving/hand raising when there is a skier in the water was a rule or something....acknowledge that you see the person in the water. We have always done that. Sometimes people look at us like we are retarded. ;)

mrs.rvrluvr
05-22-2007, 07:01 AM
We always wave, but don't always get a wave back. Some people are just too cool, I guess. Maybe I'm not cool enough. :( Who knows. Whatever.:)

Not So Fast
05-22-2007, 07:04 AM
I like it when you are getting the "MAD DOG STARE", so I wave back or flash the peace sign and the "I'll kick your ass stare" turns into a sheepish smile. Can't we all just get along for Gods sake. You may be Chuck Lidel and badder than a muther focker but it dont mean nuthin to me, I'm all about BOOBIES & NICE BOATS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>. :D NSF

HocusPocus
05-22-2007, 07:04 AM
i don't need to wave, my kids wave so much you would think they were on a parade float. :)

Baja Big Dog
05-22-2007, 07:59 AM
I've found that most people around Park Moabi wave..........:D
Hardly anyone waves up at Lake Mojave :rolleyes:
Want an interesting reaction? Throw the shocker :D
Cause were not haters...were lovers!!!:jawdrop:
And were usally looking for a free beer!!!!

lewiville
05-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Like this
very nice wave there Mr.
I was just thinking about this the other day. so I had to post it. then again, the river was a hell of a lot more peacfull.

lewiville
05-22-2007, 09:41 AM
We always wave, but don't always get a wave back. Some people are just too cool, I guess. Maybe I'm not cool enough. :( Who knows. Whatever.:)
I was always brought up that girls with big boobies had to wave there boobies :D :D Its called the "boobie wave"

DesertGirl
05-22-2007, 09:54 AM
we are wavers too. ;) Its makes a good river vibe. :D
And I thought the waving/hand raising when there is a skier in the water was a rule or something....acknowledge that you see the person in the water. We have always done that. Sometimes people look at us like we are retarded. ;)
Good think you are CUTE too!!!:D

AZKC
05-22-2007, 10:05 AM
True boaters wave, the wanna be newbies are the non wavers. Lets the other boater know you see them and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling:D
For you non wavers give it a go next time;)

lewiville
05-22-2007, 08:03 PM
tue night bump

EAZYKILLER2006
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Cause were not haters...were lovers!!!:jawdrop:
And were usally looking for a free beer!!!!
DAMN SWINGERS
LOL
SWING BY OUR WAY:D

lewiville
05-22-2007, 08:07 PM
damn Swingers
Lol
Swing By Our Way:d
Oh My!
Swing Batta Swing

EAZYKILLER2006
05-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Oh My!
Swing Batta Swing
so what are we battaN:devil:

shueman
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
.....And I thought the waving/hand raising when there is a skier in the water was a rule or something....acknowledge that you see the person in the water. We have always done that. Sometimes people look at us like we are retarded. ;)
It is the CG thing to do...a wave is an acknowledgement... :cool: Pretty basic stuff...:)

lewiville
05-22-2007, 08:15 PM
so what are we battaN:devil:
1000, any more questions??

Old Man Havasu
05-22-2007, 08:28 PM
My wife usually waves all the from Moabi to the launch ramp if the adult beverages were provided in the right proportions! Wave back or she will talk S--- about you! :o :mad:

USCFAN
05-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Like this
Must have been another DCB owner....

bignet
05-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Must have been another DCB owner....
What's up FLoyd, how come people don't see my cholo hello? You know the ese head knod?
:D LMAO

Big Kahunaa
05-22-2007, 09:09 PM
i wave and if the have a flag up i put up a finger for each person i see in the water

HavaSkank
05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
I was always brought up that girls with big boobies had to wave there boobies :D :D Its called the "boobie wave"
I wave with my spleen

USCFAN
05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
What's up FLoyd, how come people don't see my cholo hello? You know the ese head knod?
:D LMAO
I don't know what is up with that. Some people won't even give the head knod. I guess they are too cool.:D You know you always get a wave from me.

bignet
05-22-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't know what is up with that. Some people won't even give the head knod. I guess they are too cool.:D You know you always get a wave from me.
Where u hangin out for Memorial doggy?:idea:

USCFAN
05-22-2007, 09:42 PM
At the house doggy. Wifey just had the baby so I will be at the house. Hope to make it up in a couple of weeks.

bignet
05-22-2007, 09:56 PM
At the house doggy. Wifey just had the baby so I will be at the house. Hope to make it up in a couple of weeks.
That's right...I forgot! ;) It's all good kid. We'll be holding it down for Rancho out there. IE style! :idea:

USCFAN
05-22-2007, 09:57 PM
That's right...I forgot! ;) It's all good kid. We'll be holding it down for Rancho out there. IE style! :idea:
Thanks for rubbing it in.:mad:

bignet
05-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks for rubbing it in.:mad:
I'll be texting you a lot!

Decided Advantage
05-23-2007, 03:43 AM
I know well what you mean.
I've even heard myself referred to as a "waver".
Its ok.
I turn no one way as a friend, as you can never have to many. On the other hand a simple wave is a pretty good indicator of where they are at.
I used to own a Baja that seemed to have a new issue most every time out. In that thing believe me you could never have to many friends!

Got Lime
05-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Wife and I always wave.

Debbolas
05-23-2007, 05:38 AM
I know well what you mean.
I've even heard myself referred to as a "waver".
Its ok.
I turn no one way as a friend, as you can never have to many. On the other hand a simple wave is a pretty good indicator of where they are at.
I used to own a Baja that seemed to have a new issue most every time out. In that thing believe me you could never have to many friends!
I'm calling bullshit :D
Mississippi is pretty close to Texas..........and you can't drive across Texas without waving at cars.
When we drove across Texas.....Matt had to practice "safe" waving where you leave you hand at 12:00 on the wheel and just unfold you hand from the top of the wheel, when a car passes :D

HavaSkank
05-23-2007, 05:40 AM
Jeep owners have the wave down to a freakin' science. When I had my Wrangler I couldnt travel 4 blocks with out receiving an enthusiastic greeting from some stranger who waved like we were long lost, kissing cousins.

Debbolas
05-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Jeep owners have the wave down to a freakin' science. When I had my Wrangler I couldnt travel 4 blocks with out receiving an enthusiastic greeting from some stranger who waved like we were long lost, kissing cousins.
Jeep owners = Texas kissing cousins
;)

catman-do
05-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Im a waver, and a middle finger guy. You sit there and stare me down while I wave, then I throw out a middle finger.

lawbreaker2
05-24-2007, 05:28 AM
As a long time trucker, we have the wave too, but as time go's on, the younger brats don't do it anymore, and some of the older drivers won't wave at the company driver, and so on and so on, :rolleyes:

707dog
05-24-2007, 06:17 AM
Im a waver, and a middle finger guy. You sit there and stare me down while I wave, then I throw out a middle finger.
DITTO! i was taught young to throw up a "have a good one" wave even if you dont know who it is..just frendly boating!! still to this day i wave at some peeps and they look at me funny "why is he waving at us we dont know him" then just by chance when the middle finger gets cranked up they have really have a funny look on there face ...but usaully if its the finger its to one of my buddys and thats our freindly gester.....

Wet Dream
05-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi, my screen name is Wet Dream, and umm, ummm, I'm a waver too. Sometimes people wave back , and other times they don't. Real people tell me that waving is a good thing...it goes way back to when real boaters were behind the wheel and shared the water. ;)
I've been in boats since I was a baby. Waving, or just a hand up was always the way of just saying your peace and that I see you.

lewiville
05-24-2007, 08:47 AM
its so simple, just do it. geeeeeeeeesh :D :D

WYRD
05-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Im a closet waver:D

KingCole
05-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Here's how it is for me.
Riding the Harley: The down low wave. Left hand off the grip, hand out about knee high, only done to other Harley riders.
Driving the Vette: Flashing the V. Same as peace sign, only done to other Vette drivers.
Driving the boat: Arm usually shot straight up in the air, making sure it's not the one holding a beverage, and held there until we pass the boat with people in the water, or until it's acknowledged by the other driver or passengers, done with almost every boat we pass, no discrimination.

Wet Dream
05-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Here's how it is for me.
Riding the Harley: The down low wave. Left hand off the grip, hand out about knee high, only done to other Harley riders.
Oh, you're one of those guys.

beaverretriever
05-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Honestly, I think that is one of the coolest things about being out on the lake. My wife and I wave at everyone. I like the feeling that everyone is into the sport for fun.

KingCole
05-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh, you're one of those guys.
You know whats funny. When I started riding I waved at everyone. Customs, sport bikes, cops, you name it. But I usually only got a wave back from the guys riding HD's. So now I guess I'am one of those guys.

Wet Dream
05-24-2007, 10:21 AM
You know whats funny. When I started riding I waved at everyone. Customs, sport bikes, cops, you name it. But I usually only got a wave back from the guys riding HD's. So now I guess I'am one of those guys.
That sucks. I'll extend the wave to just about anyone, and others are just too ignorant to ride and not see motorcycling as one group, no matter what type you ride.

lewiville
05-24-2007, 10:28 AM
here's an idea. If someone wave at you ( women ) dont wave back, instead flash the "waving person" and that way we know your a "***boater". Guy's just be creative when waved apon. :D :D :sqeyes: :)