PDA

View Full Version : OMG the $$$of GAS .....

99 232 baja
05-22-2007, 08:54 AM
The price of gas just reached $3.67 a gal., back in january it was below $2.00. When will the gov't step in and look in to the running up of the price of gas. Anybody have the address or email address of any OIL co. CEO's?

76ANTHONY
05-22-2007, 08:56 AM
The price of gas just reached $3.67 a gal., back in january it was below $2.00. When will the gov't step in and look in to the running up of the price of gas. Anybody have the address or email address of any OIL co. CEO's?
if i did i'd invest in a letterbomb book and make some deliveries, but there aint shiat we can do but pay for gas, no matter what the price:D

Boozer
05-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Can you guys get E-85 out there? We have stations popping up all over the place out here for it and it is about $2.39 a gallon.

76ANTHONY
05-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Can you guys get E-85 out there? We have stations popping up all over the place out here for it and it is about $2.39 a gallon.
what is e-85?

v-drive
05-22-2007, 09:33 AM
The gov. will step in when oil people are out of office...maybe

topless
05-22-2007, 09:34 AM
They are just trying to get everyone to buy those Hybred cars.

edog_103
05-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Hell. In CA. we ain't seen gas under 2 bucks a gallon in years.

Jordy
05-22-2007, 09:52 AM
The gov. will step in when oil people are out of office...maybe
Are you serious??? :notam:

Angry Inch
05-22-2007, 09:54 AM
http://tsmeyers.com/8o.png

Cheap Thrills
05-22-2007, 09:57 AM
They are just trying to get everyone to buy those Hybred cars.
Hybred Is that when you get the shaft in the pooper over the price :D
Hybrid ~ something heterogeneous in origin or composition.
C.T. :wink:

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Refineries are the problem. Not enough capacity. If you would like to see gas prices go down, listen to George Bush who has told you a million times that the country needs more refining capacity. We now make exactly what we use. There is plenty of oil. And it is only a 30 some percentage of the cost of fuel.
Oh, by the way, the government passed an emergency tax on gas in 1981. You might want to write congress and ask when the emergency is going to be over.

Boozer
05-22-2007, 10:31 AM
http://e85.whipnet.net/
This is E-85. Most new vehicles are considered flex fuel so they have the ability to run this stuff. In most places it's going for about $2.29-$2.49 a gallon.

DayCruiser
05-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Refineries are the problem. Not enough capacity. If you would like to see gas prices go down, listen to George Bush who has told you a million times that the country needs more refining capacity. We now make exactly what we use. There is plenty of oil. And it is only a 30 some percentage of the cost of fuel.
Oh, by the way, the government passed an emergency tax on gas in 1981. You might want to write congress and ask when the emergency is going to be over.
The oil companies own the refineries. Isn't that a coincidence:mad:

Havasu1
05-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe do some drilling in this country....say Anwar (not sure on the spelling). Maybe add a refinery or two?

uvindex
05-22-2007, 11:02 AM
7-11 pumps used to stop at $50. Then they bumped them up to $75. The ones around here stop at $85 now -- still doesn't fill up my Suburban. :(

hoolign
05-22-2007, 11:14 AM
+/- 5 bucks a gallon here :D No cents bitchin about it..just suck it up and fork over the cash!

Jordy
05-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah, a real coincidence, especially after the hotel and restaurant industries just couldn't get the refinery business down. :notam:

bigq
05-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Just paid 2.89 for diesel in Moreno Valley. I am liking the truck better then last summer when it was more then premium.:D

bigq
05-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah, a real coincidence, especially after the hotel and restaurant industries just couldn't get the refinery business down. :notam:
Such a smart ass..:D

Jordy
05-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Such a smart ass..:D
You say that like it's a bad thing... :D :D :D

bigq
05-22-2007, 11:23 AM
More along the lines of admiration of your smart assness :D

Pepperkornski
05-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Listen to you, what a bunch of "Cry Babies" :cry:
If you would get rid of, those Illegal Aliens,:mad: gas consumption would decrease, then the prices, will go down! :D but please, do not send them here. :(

Infomaniac
3.17 here
it sucks big time.

BajaMike
Well, we could have the government take over....:idea: ....then getting gas would be as pleasant and convenient as going to the DMV or the post office....:D

seanv
05-22-2007, 11:31 AM
nation wide petitioning and constant contact with your elected officials is the only way to get the ball rolling. aside from a total boycot of fuel products for 60days or longer. i feel that we have to just to pay the piper.

DayCruiser
05-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't think they always owned them. I also think they bought some just so they could shut them down.
Anyway people are blaming the refineries like they are a seperate entity. No new refineries have been built in 30 years in this country because the oil companies say its not profitable to do so as one reason. Ya its much more profitable to create a shortage for lack of refineries:mad:
Crude prices are stable right now
Consumers are using 22 million barrels of oil per day or month? and refineries are refining 17 million

Jordy
05-22-2007, 11:37 AM
No new refineries have been built in 30 years in this country because the oil companies say its not profitable to do so as one reason.
Perhaps profit does play a role in it as it does with all businesses that operate in a free market, however, I would bet that if you do a little research you'll find it's the environmentalists and the NIMBY types who are really preventing the building of new refineries. ;)

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 11:56 AM
There are many threads with the explanation of how and why. It really is pretty simple. Supply and demand. BUT you will need more than a high school education or much experience in business to understand. With 2 posts, not sure this is going to work for you.
Of course, you can always become a republican? We own the refineries and the oil companies and control the weather and such. The big secret is that we, as republicans, don't really pay for fuel! We have a secret card only we can have that let's us have free gas and such. And the weather never comes to our houses or anything bad. We contriol the world to be truthful. You can be like us, but you have to be an a-hole and join the republican party! I know, tough, tough issue. But maybe you can be one of us? Then no more problems with fuel and such. That's why we all own big, big boats and are on a mission to destroy the world with global warming and stuff!! Oh, all fun! Hope you can join us soon!! :eek:

Jordy
05-22-2007, 11:59 AM
There are many threads with the explanation of how and why. It really is pretty simple. Supply and demand. BUT you will need more than a high school education or much experience in business to understand. With 2 posts, not sure this is going to work for you.
Of course, you can always become a republican? We own the refineries and the oil companies and control the weather and such. The big secret is that we, as republicans, don't really pay for fuel! We have a secret card only we can have that let's us have free gas and such. And the weather never comes to our houses or anything bad. We contriol the world to be truthful. You can be like us, but you have to be an a-hole and join the republican party! I know, tough, tough issue. But maybe you can be one of us? Then no more problems with fuel and such. That's why we all own big, big boats and are on a mission to destroy the world with global warming and stuff!! Oh, all fun! Hope you can join us soon!! :eek:
Smartass!!! :D :D :D

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't think they always owned them. I also think they bought some just so they could shut them down.
Anyway people are blaming the refineries like they are a seperate entity. No new refineries have been built in 30 years in this country because the oil companies say its not profitable to do so as one reason. Ya its much more profitable to create a shortage for lack of refineries:mad:
Consumers are using 22 million barrels of oil per day or month? and refineries are refining 17 million
The government has restricted construction of new refineries. More than a year ago the Saudis tried two things. They tried to build new refineries on the west and east coasts. No go!! Then they tried to build them in the Carribean and they said no to imported, refined fuels. So what would you guys like to do next?
If it really is so simple, I am sure you can have a business plan together over the next week and a bank will surely fund you over the over 100 oil companies that currently operate in this country today. Because you know so focking much and how much money there is to be made, you will have no problem getting the funding!!! See all 100 oil companies chat everyday on "Hot Oil" website where they have chatrooms and such where the set prices and plan on how they can fock the American public. Since they control the government and weather and airlines and such, they have an easy time chatting and planning there next vacation.
Good luck with all that. :D

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Smartass!!! :D :D :D
Assclown!! I am in the middle of ranting with morons. I don't need your help here! :D

Jordy
05-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Assclown!! I am in the middle of ranting with morons. I don't need your help here! :D
Whatever phucktard... you've been out all morning so I've been holding down the fort. :idea: :D

spectras only
05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Right on !
I know this person [ he owns one of the oldest body shop chain , so he can afford the fuel prices;) ] who got so pissed off with the ever changing prices , that he built his own micro bio fuel refinery to run his diesel trucks and boat :idea: . It's a quite amazing apparatus , fits in a modified 40' container .

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Whatever phucktard... you've been out all morning so I've been holding down the fort. :idea: :D
I had to work!!! :eek: Sometimes that happens. Plus had to go look at my future temp. home! :eek:

Jordy
05-22-2007, 12:13 PM
I had to work!!! :eek: Sometimes that happens. Plus had to go look at my future temp. home! :eek:
Thankfully you have that free gas card so you can cover another mortgage!!! :jawdrop: :eek: :D

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Thankfully you have that free gas card so you can cover another mortgage!!! :jawdrop: :eek: :D
W hands them out with every new republican membership! It's awesome to be a republican! we control the world!!!! :)

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Right on !
I know this person [ he owns one of the oldest body shop chain , so he can afford the fuel prices;) ] who got so pissed off with the ever changing prices , that he built his own micro bio fuel refinery to run his diesel trucks and boat :idea: . It's a quite amazing apparatus , fits in a modified 40' container .
There is a guy in town that owns a bunch of fast food restraunts and has a similar setup at his home to make diesel fuel out of fry oil. I guess it works? I have no problem with that at all.

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 01:10 PM
ANOTHER FUKKING GAS THREAD???????????
:sleeping: :sleeping:
you keep bitching but i'm sure most of you will be filling up for the weekend....i know i will be

Jordy
05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
There is a guy in town that owns a bunch of fast food restraunts and has a similar setup at his home to make diesel fuel out of fry oil. I guess it works? I have no problem with that at all.
I have a huge problem with that as that's a big Supersize Me style conspiracy!!! :mad: :devil:
I mean think about it, the guy sells french fries for a living and has a fleet of trucks that drive around smelling like cooking french fries in an attempt to, yep, you guessed it, sell more french fries!!! That kind of behavior is completely unacceptable!!! :notam: :D

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Hell I didn't even think of that! Bastard!! But I think he is big in KFC stuff. So it smells like chicken!!! Damn I hate these days when I am torn between doing what I should and helping people out here on the boards. :D
Oh, stop deleteing threads. My post count is way way low for the time I spend on here! :eek:

Jordy
05-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Hell I didn't even think of that! Bastard!! But I think he is big in KFC stuff. So it smells like chicken!!! Damn I hate these days when I am torn between doing what I should and helping people out here on the boards. :D
I believe one of the guys who owns a bunch of the Carl's Jr's around here also does it so that exhaust smells like french fries, not chicken. :notam: :D

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 01:35 PM
I believe one of the guys who owns a bunch of the Carl's Jr's around here also does it so that exhaust smells like french fries, not chicken. :notam: :D
Is he a democrat as well????:rolleyes:

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I think one of your generators is low on gas? It's at an undisclosed addres on a Donzi??? Can you fill it up soon? :eek:

Jordy
05-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Is he a democrat as well????:rolleyes:
Must be if he's making his own fuel and not using the Republican fuel card. :D :D :D

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Must be if he's making his own fuel and not using the Republican fuel card. :D :D :D
nice!!!

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Hell I didn't even think of that! Bastard!! But I think he is big in KFC stuff. So it smells like chicken!!! :
hey now, should you be talking about 460 like that:D :D

Devilman
05-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Wondered how long it would take for that. LMAO :D :D :D

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 01:42 PM
whoa whoa whoa..........I didn't go there. Sorry 460!! :D

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Wondered how long it would take for that. LMAO :D :D :D
you can always count on me:D :D
whoa whoa whoa..........I didn't go there. Sorry 460!! :D
LMAO....all the talk about kfc and oil makes one wonder:D

Devilman
05-22-2007, 02:00 PM
you can always count on me:D :D
LMAO....all the talk about kfc and oil makes one wonder:D
LOL, you think he wonders what kinda shit gets posted about him during the day? :D
Crap, the oil, he did have that oil leak that he had to fix like what 6, 7 times? You ever see a pic of his Kachina Bilge Boots? LMAO

Jordy
05-22-2007, 02:02 PM
You ever see a pic of his Kachina Bilge Boots? LMAO
Now if that's not just begging for some special TBI attention in the photo department... :D :D :D

Devilman
05-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Now if that's not just begging for some special TBI attention in the photo department... :D :D :D
LOL, knew I still had it.... :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10158kachinabilgeboots.jpg

Jordy
05-22-2007, 02:09 PM
I was expecting something with a little more design work on them I guess. :D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10158kachinabilgeboots.jpg
LMAO

DayCruiser
05-22-2007, 02:49 PM
2 post here 20,000 somewhere else. This is not the only forum on the internet ya know. You are right. The right wing does like being gouged up the ying yang. I know yall buy stock in patroleum jelly that is for sure:D

STLRFAN
05-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Just paid 2.89 for diesel in Moreno Valley. I am liking the truck better then last summer when it was more then premium.:D
Me too, I just paid 2.93 in Yorba Linda, and saw it for 2.99 in Lake Forest..

photo chick
05-22-2007, 03:22 PM
I paid 3.19 yesterday...........in Texas that's crazy!

77charger
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
If you have a boat and a truck that uses alot of fuel then you can afford to put fuel in them!!
If you cant shouldnt have bought themin the first place
Theres always geo metros and row boats if you want to save

havasu5150
05-22-2007, 04:14 PM
The biggest reason for lack of refineries is not the government....it is the enviromentalists. Restrictions on the building of refineries is directly related to the politcal pressure of enviromentalsts. They do not care about the price of gas...they would be joyus if it skyrocketed making SUV's, Boats and off road vehicles too expensive to operate. :mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Sure as hell don't look at the fact that supply stockpiles are shrinking due to refineries being offline for repairs and maintenance while demand continues to INCREASE.
Look up the last 4 or 5 months up, and learn something usefull, or just keep pissing about oil companies sticking it to you and somebody needs to investigate.
The stupid whining on this is beginning to annoy me.:jawdrop: