PDA

View Full Version : What time to launch on Memorial Day Weekend?

Relaxalot
05-22-2007, 11:31 AM
We are planning on going out this weekend. I want to know the best times and places to launch and retrieve the boat during this very busy weekend. How hard will it be to get spots in the channel? I have never been on the water during Memorial Day. What am I in for?
Thanks!

RitcheyRch
05-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Launch today and pick-up next Tuesday. Going to be very crowded out there. :D

USCFAN
05-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Best advice you will get. :D

MR HARLEY
05-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Last year I launched @ 5:45 am on Saturday morning, not so bad launching, but the retrevial was hell.
This year, no launch. :D just lots of drinking!

DeltaSigBoater
05-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I'd have to second that!
Draw straws to see who stays on the boat overnight in the water... said person is also responsible for getting a spot in the channel. :D
Good Luck!

River918
05-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Good advise....
If you're going to Windsor, I would recommend getting there no later than 6am. As far as getting off the water, if you wait til after about 3pm, you're gonna be in for a long wait (you're gonna wait anyway, but loading before 3pm should cut a few minutes). You could always take the PhattMatt methond and stay on the water until after dark (normally about 3am) and the ramp will be clear. I'm sure he could loan you a CD with one song to play for 10 or 12 hours....
Really though, last Memorial Day DRMCAT and I were on the water auntil about 9:30pm on Saturday night and there wasn't anyone at the ramp.
Just be prepared to wait in line, and have plenty of water to drink while doing so.....
Good luck and have fun...

Not So Fast
05-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Wait till around 10 or 11 am and everybody will already be launched and no wait at all :D Are you kidding or what :rolleyes: Last year the line was clear up and out onto Highway 95 by 7:30 AM. No way in hell would I even come close to the water on the big weekends, and I can guarantee law enforcement will be out in FORCE. The channel, get real !! GOOD LUCK ;) NSF

Biglue
05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
If you're not in line by 6:30-7:00 ish, be prepared to go wait in line for a few hours at Crazy Horse camp grounds and pay for a camping spot to be able to launch. Been there done that for the past 3 years.

mrs.rvrluvr
05-22-2007, 11:55 AM
We launch at Windsor and we try to be out there by 6:00 a.m., even at that ungodly hour there is still people waiting in line. I get the boat after dark...usually not too bad then. Last year we woke up late & were in line about 7:30 a.m.....the line was backed up clear to the highway. My advice...get up early....stay out late.

OutCole'd
05-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I plan on launching around 10:30 each day and get off the water by 5:00 each day. I don't think there will be any lines for me at all.:D

beaverretriever
05-22-2007, 12:01 PM
4................................................. ..................AM :D
I heard site 6 would be a good place. Show up at around 8-9:30am on Saturday. :devil: :devil: ;) :D

hava life
05-22-2007, 12:02 PM
I plan on launching Thursday am then get the boat out by 5:00 and go on someone elses boat for the weekend. If you launch at site six because you got up to late then we may see you in the evening on saturday :D

TOBTEK
05-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey Mr Z...... you get a new boat yet?

Ultra5150
05-22-2007, 12:07 PM
I plan on launching around 10:30 each day and get off the water by 5:00 each day. I don't think there will be any lines for me at all.:D
Yeah Billy!!! See you this weekend.
E~

mbrown2
05-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Anytime I want....or better....launch on Thursday, take out on Tuesday...:)...
6AM...boy I can't believe folks are launching that early.....heck we are just going to bed at that time...:)

SummerBreeze
05-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I think if you launched today and left your boat anchored tell next week you should be okay

Throttle
05-22-2007, 12:16 PM
for all you guy gonna be launchin and retrieving... get gas in your tow vehicles... you are gonna be waitin at the launch ramps... it would suck to run out of gas while sittin in line (just ask the guy with the escalade a couple weeks ago from site 6, took him more than 2 hours to get gas and get the truck started again)...:idea:

OutCole'd
05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah Billy!!! See you this weekend.
E~
You got it. UFC Saturday night??? Come on by.

Not So Fast
05-22-2007, 12:30 PM
SMARTASS, Hey I hear the Islander is going to be allowing visitors to launch there for $10 @ head, is this true. Everybody head to the Islander, yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D NSF

bohica
05-22-2007, 02:34 PM
What's the typical wait at Crazyhorse? I had a buddy put me on his space rent agreement so I can use the ramp there. Never have used it though.

dumbandyoung
05-22-2007, 02:40 PM
We are planning on going out this weekend. I want to know the best times and places to launch and retrieve the boat during this very busy weekend. How hard will it be to get spots in the channel? I have never been on the water during Memorial Day. What am I in for?
Thanks!
I would say launch at 6am and retrieve your boat at 2 pm. Or bite the bullet like everyone else does and wait. Or just don't go on holidays.:confused: :idea: :D
Here is a simple formula to launch times...
How to launch on a holiday weekend
a= What time would I like to go boating
b= What time does most everyone else want to go boating.
a+b= THE SAME TIME
C'mon its a holiday weekend! I guess some people think there is so half an hour window where the launch ramps are dead.:hammer2: :confused: :D

Relaxalot
05-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Toby,
No new boat for me yet. Still have to sell mine. I am looking for a late model Deck boat with a 525 loaded up with all the options. Let me know what's out there.

That Guy
05-22-2007, 02:46 PM
You got it. UFC Saturday night??? Come on by.
Is that an open invite????:D

OutCole'd
05-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Is that an open invite????:D
Sure, but good luck getting into Stallog 13......:D

JB in so cal
05-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Last year we woke up too late and didn't get to the ramp until about 10:00 - it sucked big time. I had to wait for about 1 boat:D :) :D

Mandelon
05-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Launch Friday night and just end tie off to those magic deckboats over at the islander all weekend...they won't mind.
The old guys over there sleep late.
At havasu we'd try to launch by 6:30. Park the boat and walk up somewhere for breakfast, stay on the water till midnight, again walk up to Javalina for dinner and listen to Matt's 8 hour house songs.....LOL
At Martinez, there'd be maybe 8 boats in line worst case at rush hour. We'll launch friday night and just leave it in the water till Monday afternoon.

OutCole'd
05-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Last year we woke up too late and didn't get to the ramp until about 10:00 - it sucked big time. I had to wait for about 1 boat:D :) :D
That's what I'm talking about. Being Trailer Trash has it's privileges.;)

JB in so cal
05-22-2007, 03:03 PM
...that and the stinky slinky.:)

PaPaG
05-22-2007, 04:33 PM
You high society types kill me.....:D

Phat Matt
05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Last year we partied all night and never pulled off. Wes was staying at Crazy Horse and I found a spot to beach it at like 4 or 5 in the morning, crashed in the moho for a bit and went back out. :)
Labor day I was hooked up at the Islander. That was the best ever! Left the boat in all weekend and didn't have to worry about shit. :D

Magic34
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
It has been a long time since I launched at the Islander.
Is it OK for deep water launching? I know my old 34s get launched there, but do you think I can launch the "heavy" 37 there? It needs to go pretty deep.

EAZYKILLER2006
05-22-2007, 05:28 PM
last year we told our friends :confused: to get on the water early ...we made it, they didnt...it was full by 8am:( (that was winsor)

JB in so cal
05-22-2007, 05:32 PM
It has been a long time since I launched at the Islander.
Is it OK for deep water launching? I know my old 34s get launched there, but do you think I can launch the "heavy" 37 there? It needs to go pretty deep.
I have no idea. I am at Black Meadow. Sorry.

98 Vector 21
05-22-2007, 05:36 PM
I hear site 6 is the place...No lines, EZ on and off! Lots of good pepole to help you out... See ya there about 6:00pm :D

TOBTEK
05-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Toby,
No new boat for me yet. Still have to sell mine. I am looking for a late model Deck boat with a 525 loaded up with all the options. Let me know what's out there.
lets get GT to rigg what you REALLY want, I know you can some some dollars going that route! Why are the guys with all the money so tight??:D

TOBTEK
05-22-2007, 05:41 PM
thats the advantage of driving the BAJA 1000 to get to your campsite:D if they upgraded the road, we would be your neighbor.....lucky you they dont:)
id even give you 10k for your trailer..........

phebus
05-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I cheated and rented a slip from yesterday until Tuesday. Yep, I suck. Look for me on the Agave cam. :D

HPLavey
05-22-2007, 06:00 PM
How did you manage to get a slip. I thought their always full? I guess its who you know

riverbound
05-22-2007, 06:08 PM
What about launching from the springs sunday morning?:idea:

beaverretriever
I hear site 6 is the place...No lines, EZ on and off! Lots of good pepole to help you out... See ya there about 6:00pm :D
Thats what I posted. I will be there around that time.
If laughing my ass of is the same as helping... yeah, I will be one of those good people helping out. :devil: :devil:

Goldilocks
Good advise....
If you're going to Windsor, I would recommend getting there no later than 6am. As far as getting off the water, if you wait til after about 3pm, you're gonna be in for a long wait (you're gonna wait anyway, but loading before 3pm should cut a few minutes). You could always take the PhattMatt methond and stay on the water until after dark (normally about 3am) and the ramp will be clear. I'm sure he could loan you a CD with one song to play for 10 or 12 hours....
Really though, last Memorial Day DRMCAT and I were on the water auntil about 9:30pm on Saturday night and there wasn't anyone at the ramp.
Just be prepared to wait in line, and have plenty of water to drink while doing so.....
Good luck and have fun...
We might sleep on the boat Saturday night so we don't have to worry about being up at the crack of dawn on Sunday :)

HavaSkank
05-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I was out on every amatuer weekend last year and I dont think it's safe for me this time, considering Im PMS'ing severly.
I think I'll avoid homicidal charges by waiting untill the following weekend. I'll be on the water a week from this Friday, heavily medicated and dangerously ovulating.

phebus
05-22-2007, 06:41 PM
How did you manage to get a slip. I thought their always full? I guess its who you know
Permanent slips have approx. a two year waiting list, but daily rentals are first come first served. You can't reserve them, and have to be there in person, so if you rent early week when they are available, you can extend your rental as long as you pay for it.

phebus
05-22-2007, 06:41 PM
I was out on every amatuer weekend last year and I dont think it's safe for me this time, considering Im PMS'ing severly.
I think I'll avoid homicidal charges by waiting untill the following weekend. I'll be on the water a week from this Friday, heavily medicated and dangerously ovulating.
The sharks would probably get you. :D

Havasu1986
05-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Permanent slips have approx. a two year waiting list, but daily rentals are first come first served. You can't reserve them, and have to be there in person, so if you rent early week when they are available, you can extend your rental as long as you pay for it.
Well...go get me a slip..I will pay you Fri.:eek: :D

raff
05-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Not at all this weekend, The lake will be a full on Zooooo with a bunch fools.
just my opinion.:D

shueman
05-22-2007, 06:49 PM
....At Martinez, there'd be maybe 8 boats in line worst case at rush hour. We'll launch friday night and just leave it in the water till Monday afternoon.
Now, THAT'S the ticket...;) :cool:

blackcloud75
05-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Anytime I want....or better....launch on Thursday, take out on Tuesday...:)...
6AM...boy I can't believe folks are launching that early.....heck we are just going to bed at that time...:)
It must be freakin' nice not to have to wait in launch lines.........:D
6 am WTF..............Hangin' with Mikey, I don't think I have ever woke up earlier than noon the next day........and then, I wait in the launchline...:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-22-2007, 07:18 PM
we launch at the Nautical.. No lines No waiting,, Just parking is kind of tight..:)

HavaSkank
05-22-2007, 07:19 PM
The sharks would probably get you. :D
Fins to the left, fins to the right.

riverroyal
05-22-2007, 07:25 PM
:D than wednesday at noon

riverbound
05-22-2007, 07:44 PM
What about launching from the springs sunday morning?:idea:
anyone??

Windy
05-22-2007, 07:51 PM
anyone??
Bill...we had to launch from the Springs last year on a big weekend. It wasnt that bad. You still better plan on getting on the water earlier than you do in Parker though. :D
Call when you get to Havasu.

phebus
05-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Well...go get me a slip..I will pay you Fri.:eek: :D
Bobby, I would do it for you in a second, but in order to rent a slip the boat has to be registered in the renters name.

Relaxalot
05-22-2007, 08:47 PM
lets get GT to rigg what you REALLY want, I know you can some some dollars going that route! Why are the guys with all the money so tight??:D
Someday I may do it.....or I may become the official Hot Boat tire kicker

Phat Matt
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Bobby, I would do it for you in a second, but in order to rent a slip the boat has to be registered in the renters name.
What do the slips go for anyway?

EAZYKILLER2006
05-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Bill...we had to launch from the Springs last year on a big weekend. It wasnt that bad. You still better plan on getting on the water earlier than you do in Parker though. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/phlint/My%20Pics/Myspace%20posting/anim199.gif
WINDY

riverbound
05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
we get on the water the same time in Parker as you havasu people....we just dont have to get up as early as you guys ;)
Talk to you on Sunday :)

catman-do
05-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Im thinking about launching at 6, either that or sleeping in and heading down to the state campgrounds at the south end of the lake. The ramps there never seem to be crowded. It only 10 minutes out of town too.

TOBTEK
05-23-2007, 07:59 AM
we get on the water the same time in Parker as you havasu people....we just dont have to get up as early as you guys ;)
Talk to you on Sunday :)
heard a rumor that the Springs is now CLOSING the ramp to Non spring residents on large holiday weekends....... heard from a buddy that has a place there.