PDA

View Full Version : Give It Your Best Estimation

burtandnancy2
05-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Will we ever see gas under $3.00 again, and when do you think it will hit $4.00 and even $5.00? This came up last year, but we were screaming thru the $2.00 range and heading for 3...

Big Warlock
05-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Thank you for brining another fuel thread up. Hmmmmmm, actually we have recently discovered that this is a plot by republicans to get all others off the lakes!! With global warming and all. A threat to the existene of mankind and a wasteful use of our nation's resources, I predict a flood of ***boats on the market this summer. Havasu will be empty off all but republicans that own the oil companies, have free gas cards and will take over the boat manufacters next. Actually the are bidding out an expansion of the Havasu airport runway to accomodate Air Force One because W wants to go to teh Sandbar and party with his girls. :D
This is an awesome day at Hot Boat. Lots of great information flowing. A real exchange of ideas! And I am getting nothing done today!! Awesome!!!:D

wright27
05-22-2007, 01:39 PM
This weekend should cost me about $700 in fuel, but like my kids say,don't worry about it, you will make more money tomorrow.

Jordy
05-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Actually the are bidding out an expansion of the Havasu airport runway to accomodate Air Force One because W wants to go to teh Sandbar and party with his girls. :D
I'd like to party with his girls too!!! Twins, Basil, twins!!!! And Jenna's hot!!! :D :D :D
Not too sure about those cockblocking Secret Service guys though... :idea:
This is an awesome day at Hot Boat. Lots of great information flowing. A real exchange of ideas! And I am getting nothing done today!! Awesome!!!:D
I'm starting to think that the forums were set up by Democrats to distract Republicans from the task at hand!!! :notam: :D :D

burtandnancy2
05-22-2007, 01:45 PM
wright, you've taught your kids well...

Mandelon
05-22-2007, 02:26 PM
$4.00 is only a few cents off from us down here. I am feeling like a smart consumer again now that diesel is finally the bargain ( yeah right :mad: ) fuel that is was supposed to be.
New refineries are not likely, supply is pretty much stuck where it is now, and demand is only going to increase.....prices will not drop much if at all.
Does anyone make a small diesel truck? Remember those old diesel VW rabbit trucks, I think they got like 53 mpg even back then......??

Mrs. Restless22
05-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Does anyone make a small diesel truck? Remember those old diesel VW rabbit trucks, I think they got like 53 mpg even back then......??
Jetta's come in diesel....you'd look cute in one :D

Mandelon
05-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Jetta's come in diesel....you'd look cute in one :D
shucks, :D what's their tow rating???? :idea:

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 02:41 PM
i hope it gets to $5 a gallon soon so most of the idiots on the roads will stay home while i'm driving :)

zudnic
05-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm paying around $3.85 for premium in Washington state. I blame the Canadian influence and the spread of their liberalism in this state........ :D

spectras only
05-22-2007, 03:02 PM
I had one . 1985 Cherokee Chief with a 2.1 L Renault turbo diesel , 4X4 5 spd manual . It towed my 20 Spectra no problem . Chrysler ditched it after their divorce from AMC .It was a great truck !

JB in so cal
05-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Mandy,
VW has a V-10 oil burner hooked to a 6 speed tranny(not sold in CA, yet) that rings up, like 600lbs of torque and gets 23 on the highway. It's in the Toureg - you guessed it - about $65k:mad:
Correction: 553 lbs of torque, 7700 lb tow limit, 0-60 in 7 seconds, about $70k!

burtandnancy2
05-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Everyone stayed away from this one like the plague. No one wants to talk about it...

lalhc
05-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Gas just rose at some stations in Havasu today. Terribles raised their prices up $0.06 today. I am guessing most of the stations will raise their price another $0.05 - $0.10 by Friday.

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Everyone stayed away from this one like the plague. No one wants to talk about it...
probably cause there is some kind of gas thread 3 or 4 times a week :D

blown65
05-22-2007, 08:28 PM
I wish I filled the boat a month ago. Oh well.
(340 bucks later)

SB
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Well it's only going to go down when we switch to other things.
One thing that could make it go down is an announcement that we are going to drill that sacred spot in Alaska.

zudnic
05-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Mandy,
VW has a V-10 oil burner hooked to a 6 speed tranny(not sold in CA, yet) that rings up, like 600lbs of torque and gets 23 on the highway. It's in the Toureg - you guessed it - about $65k:mad:
Correction: 553 lbs of torque, 7700 lb tow limit, 0-60 in 7 seconds, about $70k!
Closer to $80K, was thinking about one as my next company vehicle...

RitcheyRch
05-23-2007, 04:58 AM
I figure no sense in complaining about it since nothing we can do about it. :mad:

FOREVER2DOXIES
05-23-2007, 06:15 AM
isnt it just the way it is when we bitch about paying 3 - something for gasoline and then when it drops a few pennies, we think it's a deal? but we are still paying 3 - something! we all know it wont ever go below 3 - something...in fact it will stay where it is for a while, giving us all false hope and a sense of relief and then begin to climb again just to start the madness all over!

FOREVER2DOXIES
05-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Well it's only going to go down when we switch to other things.
One thing that could make it go down is an announcement that we are going to drill that sacred spot in Alaska.
hate to break this thought but we are ALREADY drilling Alaska! have been for years. even the residents of that beautiful state don't get a break in the prices. the only thing they get is a yearly stipend based on the profit margin and the length of time as a resident, etc.

catman-do
05-23-2007, 06:42 AM
I wish I filled the boat a month ago. Oh well.
(340 bucks later)
I filled mine a month ago and put stabil in it. I always fill it up before I leave to avoid condensation in the tanks while sitting and especially to save some money before the holiday gas prices.

dirty old man
05-23-2007, 07:10 AM
My Cig is stored with $1,000+ gas in it

OCMerrill
05-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Mandy,
Ford (Navistar) makes a Powerstroke V6 with the latest compound turbo setup that has been runing in their LCF (like Isuzu NPR) trucks for the past 3 years. This would be the perfect F-150 engine. I wonder why its not offered? I would sell...big time.
I can just see a local auto center VW place fixing that V-10 thing when if fawks up.:eek: If your anywhere outside of so cal then your on a flatbed heading back. Oh and it will...I have owned many VW's. I just hope their stuff is better now then it was years back.
[QUOTE=Mrs. Restless22;Jetta's come in diesel....you'd look cute in one![/QUOTE]
And the latest small diesel VW's are not currently offered.
I think MBZ will have the first auto diesel back in play later this year in the E class. Again $$$$$. Complete with Urea Injection!

talkinghead
05-23-2007, 08:50 AM
If a strong enough hurricane hits the gulf coast this summer - then I think we will see $4+/gallon.