PDA

View Full Version : Catherine Landing

HALLETT BOY
05-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Going to Mojave next week ( after Memorial Day ) , what do you think the launch ramp will be like ? Will there be a DUI checkpoint ? Don't feel like spending
2 plus hours waiting in line for anything !

CampbellCarl
05-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Memorial Weekend kick starts the summer at Katherine's Landing. From now until after Labor Day you should expect 2 hour launch ramp lines on the week-ends. Try to get a slip (guranteed if you get a room at the hotel) and then try to launch/retrieve VERY early or VERY late in the day. Good luck!
CC

27 Awesome cat
05-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Going to Mojave next week ( after Memorial Day ) , what do you think the launch ramp will be like ? Will there be a DUI checkpoint ? Don't feel like spending
I don't think you will have any problems.

Debbolas
05-22-2007, 01:53 PM
holidays suck at Katherines Landing.....just try to get on the lake before 9am and off by 3pm and you shouldn't have to wait more than a half hour in line. Remember if the launch line is to the mobile estate entrance, you have a half hour wait :D
We are staying away around the holidays. The launch line easily goes past the ranger station sometimes :jawdrop:

socalmofo
05-22-2007, 02:03 PM
During the week at any time it should be no longer than 15 minutes at most. Monday's and Friday's will be busier but the other 3 will be dead.
On by 9 off by 3 works great also.

dumbandyoung
05-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Katherine would be very pist if she was still alive and saw that you spelled her name with a C:D :D

HALLETT BOY
05-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Katherine would be very pist if she was still alive and saw that you spelled her name with a C:D :D
I was thinking of my dream girl, Catherine Zeta-Jones !!!

dumbandyoung
05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I was thinking of my dream girl, Catherine Zeta-Jones !!!
haha!
Off weekends suck too. Not as bad though. There wont be any DUI checkpoints but it will still take 30-45 minutes to get the boat back on the trailer; unless you end your day at 2pm.
NOw if you your lucky enough to have everyone crowd around the ramps and not let people through when its there turn, get ready to wait even longer and hear various curse words yelled from every impatient pist off boater. The sea-dooers never really get mad because there 90% the cause.:)

halfhers
05-22-2007, 02:28 PM
i was there last weekend, we launch around 9:30am the lake was nice water still cold but overall we had a great time. there was no check point, like everyone had mention the only thing we hate was the wait in line. we waited for 45min-1hr to dock. they need better control of the launch there. to many people take two line and people are scared to go next to them (we were one of them) affaid they might hit yur boat. enjoy your time there and remember in by 9, out by 3:00 pm

Debbolas
05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
and those idiots that live in the trailer park, cutting in line :D:D:D

Outnumbered
05-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Think I will be able to get a 25' slip there on Tuesday after Memorial Day?

455Rocket
05-22-2007, 04:05 PM
I expected last weekend to be pretty tame... so much for that.
On Saturday my buddy counted 54 rigs waiting in line to retrieve at 6:30... we said "screw that!" and hung out till dusk. Then there was only 28 :rolleyes: I'm used to summer weekend traffic, but not before Memorial!
Ended up having a mini Carrera regatta in the marina...
I'd hate to see it this weekend... Good luck!

3 daytona`s
05-22-2007, 05:42 PM
haha!
Off weekends suck too. Not as bad though. There wont be any DUI checkpoints but it will still take 30-45 minutes to get the boat back on the trailer; unless you end your day at 2pm.
NOw if you your lucky enough to have everyone crowd around the ramps and not let people through when its there turn, get ready to wait even longer and hear various curse words yelled from every impatient pist off boater. The sea-dooers never really get mad because there 90% the cause.:)
No DUI check points? Really,:confused: Then pist, what a classic

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Heard from an insider that these days it is busier the weekend before and the weekend after Memorial Day than it is the holiday weekend. But it's still busy. The hotel is full, my mom tried to get a room yesterday.
Even on by nine is a little late. We always put in around 7:30-8:00, then go to the restaurant and eat breakfast. Their menu is getting a little sparse these days, though. Eggs or Pancakes?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-22-2007, 07:25 PM
and those idiots that live in the trailer park, cutting in line :D:D:D
Those jerks are the worst. :mad:

DILLIGAF
05-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Think I will be able to get a 25' slip there on Tuesday after Memorial Day?
You should be able to get something....
Also, there was no checkpoint this weekend like it was noted earlier. I guess the ? now is when it will be?

LuckyStrike
05-22-2007, 07:36 PM
IVE BEEN ON A WAIT LIST FOR A SLIP GOING ON 4 YEARS NOW:mad: