PDA

View Full Version : Scum Line Remover

waterluvr
05-22-2007, 06:21 PM
I have a Nautique that is in near perfect condition. Unfortunately I left it in the water for about 4 days and it now has a scum line that will not come off. I have tried a good quality cleaner wax but the waterline will not go away.
Any suggestions? I dont want to damage my gelcoat.
Thanks

Outnumbered
05-22-2007, 06:23 PM
I have a Nautique that is in near perfect condition. Unfortunately I left it in the water for about 4 days and it now has a scum line that will not come off. I have tried a good quality cleaner wax but the waterline will not go away.
Any suggestions? I dont want to damage my gelcoat.
Thanks
When I lived in Lake Arrowhead I would leave my boat in the lake all summer. The scum would build-up pretty bad. All you need is the Hull Cleaner they sell at Wal-Mart or West Marine. It is a light acid wash so use rubber gloves. It will wipe right off. Rinse and wash with soap when you are done. Apply wax and you are good to go. Very easy job.

Outnumbered
05-22-2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.starbrite.com/Prodimages/81700-HullCleaner.jpg

Nord
05-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Vinigar
simple green
then boat bling...........
Done ;)

DSW
05-22-2007, 06:52 PM
I use Lime-Away. It is also great for really hard waterspots. It fizzes them right off.:D

shueman
05-22-2007, 06:53 PM
When I lived in Lake Arrowhead I would leave my boat in the lake all summer. The scum would build-up pretty bad. All you need is the Hull Cleaner they sell at Wal-Mart or West Marine. It is a light acid wash so use rubber gloves. It will wipe right off. Rinse and wash with soap when you are done. Apply wax and you are good to go. Very easy job.
Yep...light acid wash does the trick...:idea:

Outnumbered
05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Yep...light acid wash does the trick...:idea:
Its like straight vinegar but a little stronger.

Beer-30
05-22-2007, 09:53 PM
I hit the water line with some 2500 paper and then the buffer. Looks new again.

RitcheyRch
05-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Can also use "Shower Power" which is available at most grocery stores. It is mainly used for cleaning fiberglass showers. Spray on and wipe off followed by a good coat of wax.

Jbb
05-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Can also use "Shower Power" which is available at most grocery stores. It is mainly used for cleaning fiberglass showers. Spray on and wipe off followed by a good coat of wax.
Home depot has a similar product in an aerosol called gel gloss...excellent stuff..

waterluvr
05-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!
I am going to clean and wax my boat this weekend.
I really wish I was going to be in Havasu.

RitcheyRch
05-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Agree, have used it a few times.
Home depot has a similar product in an aerosol called gel gloss...excellent stuff..