View Full Version : What would you do??

Donttreadonme
05-22-2007, 06:55 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/451893.jpg
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/451894.jpg
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/451895.jpg
The wakes were caused by this boat:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/447904.jpg
At least one boat was damaged as a result.
What would you do?

AZJD
05-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Well there wouldn't be any pics to salvage as I would have thrown a 2 seam fast ball with the camera right at the drivers head!:devil:

clownpuncher
05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Nice. I'd be more than a little tweeked, especially if a kid got hurt.
Where was that?

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 07:04 PM
there was one of those giant mastercrafts at bartlett a couple weeks ago. filled the back of my boat with water when it went by...i swear you could surf on the wake that thing puts out. good thing my boat was sitting on the trailer when it happened:eek:

rivrrts429
05-22-2007, 07:06 PM
His insurance would be paying for my boat damage and my insurance would be paying for his new teeth:D

hoolign
05-22-2007, 07:11 PM
His insurance would be paying for my boat damage and my insurance would be paying for his new teeth:D
Why would your insurance be paying for his teeth if he caused the damage? Wouldn't his insurance be paying? I'm lost here...how did you damge his teeth in this accident? Was he in your boat? I thought his boat caused the damage..and now he's hurt? Those must have been some big waves for him to lose his teeth! They may have already been false though and may turn up once he pumps out his bilge! :idea:

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Why would your insurance be paying for his teeth if he caused the damage? Wouldn't his insurance be paying? I'm lost here...how did you damge his teeth in this accident? Was he in your boat? I thought his boat caused the damage..and now he's hurt? Those must have been some big waves for him to lose his teeth! They may have already been false though and may turn up once he pumps out his bilge! :idea:
you been drinkin hooli??? i think he means that he would've punched his teeth out :D

YeLLowBoaT
05-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Looks like you have a slam dunk on an INS claim... go thru yours and let them get the cash out of the jack ass.

hoolign
05-22-2007, 07:17 PM
you been drinkin hooli??? i think he means that he would've punched his teeth out :D
Oh...he was that mad? :jawdrop:

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 07:18 PM
although it is nice to see them plow boats get back what they give :D :D

rivrrts429
05-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks squirtn;)

Xlration Marine
05-22-2007, 07:22 PM
By law you are resposable for the wake your boat makes. And if it causes damage to any thing, well you gots to pay for it. I'd be making a fone call and have the bonehead hauled in.

ColeTR2
05-22-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry but that's funny LOL! wake boarding boats getting damaged my another wake boarding boats wake. I think they call that karma.

QuickJet
05-22-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry but that's funny LOL! wake boarding boats getting damaged my another wake boarding boats wake. I think they call that karma.
I scrolled all the way down reading each post as I went thinking that no one was going to say what I wanted to say......until I read your post.
Yah beat me to it Mike.......:D

Donttreadonme
05-22-2007, 07:29 PM
That was at Lake Tulloch Resort.
The boats in the picture were taking part in a boat audio contest (No one noticed the boat with the turntables in the picture...LOL). The boat causing the wake was driving in a wakeboarding contest.
Notice the boat that caused the wake has no reg. #'s on it.

hoolign
05-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Amen! :D

Blown 472
05-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I would clap as you f uckers get what you dish out.

rivrrts429
Most of the people in our camp take their nautiques down between rio del sol and Lost Lake where there are no camps and or docked boats, but every once in awhile you get the guy who thinks he's cool buzzing the docks doing tricks. Very frustrating trying to run to save your boat from dipping below the dock and taking the rub rail with it. I have to beleive that they're just oblivious (sp.) to what they're doing. I hate to think they know their wake is causing damage to someones boat, but like I said the guys in our camp take off down river and are plenty aware of the swell they create.

hoolign
That was at Lake Tulloch Resort.
The boats in the picture were taking part in a boat audio contest (No one noticed the boat with the turntables in the picture...LOL). The boat causing the wake was driving in a wakeboarding contest.
Notice the boat that caused the wake has no reg. #'s on it.
what kind of an idiot would play records on his boat when you can buy CD's or MP3's! :confused:

Blown 472
05-22-2007, 07:33 PM
what kind of an idiot would play records on his boat when you can buy CD's or MP3's! :confused:
Word!!!!!!!

Donttreadonme
05-22-2007, 07:36 PM
A wakeboard audio contest? Maybe that wake was caused by the cataclysmal backwave of screaching, underpowered 6x9s.
Neptune Audio kicked-off the day with a sanctioned boat audio contest for the boat stereo buffs. Professional audio officials reported that a new boat audio record was set by Mike Pelonio with a level of 144DB.

squirt'nmyload
05-22-2007, 07:37 PM
A wakeboard audio contest? Maybe that wake was caused by the cataclysmal backwave of screaching, underpowered 6x9s.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Donttreadonme
05-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Notice that the guy with turntables didn't even spill his beer....

riverbound
05-22-2007, 07:40 PM
LMAO :)

grads2112
05-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Those roll bar boats deserve each other.

ColeTR2
05-22-2007, 08:01 PM
I bet this old guy was just pissed! And figured he would put you guys on the bottom. Why??? because he was tired listening to 10 different stereos..... all playing at the same time.... 10 different song at 144db
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/447904.jpg

Devil's Advocate
05-22-2007, 08:07 PM
That is pretty funny.:D
By law you are resposable for the wake your boat makes. And if it causes damage to any thing, well you gots to pay for it. I'd be making a fone call and have the bonehead hauled in.
But what if you don't know how to use a fone?:D

NICE PAIR
05-23-2007, 06:12 AM
"Karma is good" :D

THOR
05-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Is that boat going downhill?

catman-do
05-23-2007, 06:30 AM
What kind of idiot would have turntables in a boat??? The needle would skip everytime you hit a wake. I was kind of hoping it was my boat that caused those wakes, paybacks a biotch!

Donttreadonme
05-23-2007, 08:20 AM
funny stuff (http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/452157.html?1179936962)

mendo247
05-23-2007, 08:27 AM
hahaha some VERY ignorant comments by people who have NO IDEA of what was going on here lol... if you park your boat at a dock thats in the middle of the lake right next to a wakeboard contest you better tie it down and use lots of bumpers lol .. my boat was paked right behind these ones and didnt get touched all weekend..

duner21
05-23-2007, 08:32 AM
ha ha they called ***boaters mullets!

Liberator TJ1984
05-23-2007, 08:32 AM
He would be buying me a new boat !! as mine without a doubt , would be on the bottom of the lake :mad:

460 jus getn it
05-23-2007, 08:34 AM
funny stuff (http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/452157.html?1179936962)
Seems people on ***boat dont like wakeboard boats.................FLMAO, yea we hate um.

RitcheyRch
05-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Amen brother. :D
Seems people on ***boat dont like wakeboard boats.................FLMAO, yea we hate um.

Baja Big Dog
05-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I think the guy driving was a Mexican, and he looked illegal to me, so don't call LEO's, next time call INS to the rescue!!:mad:

Devilman
05-23-2007, 08:52 AM
You talk all that shit, but you passed one that was blaring some ABBA, you'd be following that f*cker around the lake all day long! LMAO :D

Magic34
05-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah bra, it was sick. The water was epic that day with some phatties in the back it wake was curvin' just perfect for the most righteous ride ever. Then, we went over by the docks for our dubbbble up... Just as I was gettin ready to carve in, I took a hit off my pipe and thoght I heard some loud mixin' going on. I was like, what the fock is in this shiz, laced wit someting, dannyum. So I saw that wake of the double up and I went for it, as I sent to do my sig 720 backside, I thought I saw some titties, but it was my nappy curls from my long hair stickin in my eyes. I did land my ride, and as I was in the water, I thought, am I really here or is this part of my imagination? Wow dude, this day is just da kine. Sick bra, just sick.

C-2
05-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Yeah, and people are worried about “big boats” tearing up the water, especially at Parker.
NOPE!

Run_em_Hard
05-23-2007, 09:21 AM
This reminds me of a story....This guy that I work with was on a small lake up here in Utah, alone on his boat, and he had a group of young kinds Fukin with him in a brand new wakeboard boat. They were actin like lake lice around him, flippin him off and throwin beer cans at him. He seen them just off the ramp at the clean-up location and he just happened to have an axe in his truck. Well he went to town on thier boat with his axe while they all stood there and watched.:D :D
Karma;)

460 jus getn it
05-23-2007, 09:24 AM
You talk all that shit, but you passed one that was blaring some ABBA, you'd be following that f*cker around the lake all day long! LMAO :D
The boat had some bright ass metal flake paint. It reminded me of someone one i knew, just couldnt remember who:D :D :D

Devilman
05-23-2007, 09:38 AM
The boat had some bright ass metal flake paint. It reminded me of someone one i knew, just couldnt remember who:D :D :D
Yeah right, I know you're full of shit. There ain't a tuna boat on the planet sportin the flake. :rollside:
It would attract too many seagulls. :D

91nordic29
05-23-2007, 09:52 AM
hahaha some VERY ignorant comments by people who have NO IDEA of what was going on here lol... if you park your boat at a dock thats in the middle of the lake right next to a wakeboard contest you better tie it down and use lots of bumpers lol .. my boat was paked right behind these ones and didnt get touched all weekend..
you can make all the wake you like. just remember that you are financially resposible for ANY and ALL damage you cause to docks/others boats/property.\clipart{angry}
dipsh**:rolleyes:

460 jus getn it
05-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah right, I know you're full of shit. There ain't a tuna boat on the planet sportin the flake. :rollside:
It would attract too many seagulls. :D
Huh, that and the following of bass fisherman looking like there stuck on stupid.

Devilman
05-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Huh, that and the following of bass fisherman looking like there stuck on stupid.
:D oh man, just got back from LMFAO in that "Save the Whales" thread. Jeez....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/101582812rofl3-thumb.gif http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/101582812rofl3-thumb.gif http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/101582812rofl3-thumb.gif

460 jus getn it
05-23-2007, 10:08 AM
:D oh man, just got back from LMFAO in that "Save the Whales" thread. Jeez....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/101582812rofl3-thumb.gif http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/101582812rofl3-thumb.gif http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/101582812rofl3-thumb.gif
Yea, me too..............Funny shit

DeltaSigBoater
05-23-2007, 10:18 AM
When I worked at Mission Bay Aquatic Center teaching wakeboarding during the summer, I was running the Air Nautique 206, ideling back around to pick up my rider when 2 of our 210s went by on both sides of me. Nice 2' wall of water went over & into the bow.
Bow rub rail was only about 3-4 inchs off the water... just kept thinking to myself how am I going to explain this if the boat sinks?
It didn't

Froggystyle
05-23-2007, 10:21 AM
IMO, that was the best case scenario. GUARANTEED that guy got a talking to by other people who have a shared interest in big wakes, and the guys doing the talking probably had a moment of clarity of exactly how much damage the wakes can do. Win Win.
I do think it is a touch ironic that the wakeboats were being swamped by the wakeboats...

Big Heavy
05-23-2007, 10:36 AM
You guys have managed to completely spin a situation that was not an issue. The boats getting drenched knew where they were, parked in front of the area holding the tournament and did so at their own risk. It was a wakeboarding weekend at Tulloch, and that was the competition, trust me they all knew exactly what was going on.
As for the guy proving the wakeboarders' "mullet comment" by saying the Mastercraft driver was an illegal, piss off!!! He is a friend of mine and his son is one of the best wakeboarders in the state. He's a hard working American, like the rest of us and was doing nothing wrong.
The fact that for some reason you guys all hate wakeboarders boggles my mind. Like you with wakeboarders, we have had an ignorant few skew our image of Hot Boaters. Lets not let one idiot ruin our entire perception, there are retards in any activity. I find it hilarious that you guys don't like wakeboarders with their big wakes and their active lifestyle. The guy making them out to be a bunch of lackeys is so far off base, it costs a lot to wakeboard. I guess it's true, you guys deserve more respect than wakeboarders do, clearly you have a real talent. You can turn a wheel, push a throttle and oggle nappy girls in your magazine, congratulations!!!
I guess the short of it is, get your facts straight before you open your mouth. Besides, you know none of you would do a damn thing about it hahaha.

RiverDave
05-23-2007, 10:40 AM
You guys have managed to completely spin a situation that was not an issue. The boats getting drenched knew where they were, parked in front of the area holding the tournament and did so at their own risk. It was a wakeboarding weekend at Tulloch, and that was the competition, trust me they all knew exactly what was going on.
As for the guy proving the wakeboarders' "mullet comment" by saying the Mastercraft driver was an illegal, piss off!!! He is a friend of mine and his son is one of the best wakeboarders in the state. He's a hard working American, like the rest of us and was doing nothing wrong.
The fact that for some reason you guys all hate wakeboarders boggles my mind. Like you with wakeboarders, we have had an ignorant few skew our image of Hot Boaters. Lets not let one idiot ruin our entire perception, there are retards in any activity. I find it hilarious that you guys don't like wakeboarders with their big wakes and their active lifestyle. The guy making them out to be a bunch of lackeys is so far off base, it costs a lot to wakeboard. I guess it's true, you guys deserve more respect than wakeboarders do, clearly you have a real talent. You can turn a wheel, push a throttle and oggle nappy girls in your magazine, congratulations!!!
I guess the short of it is, get your facts straight before you open your mouth. Besides, you know none of you would do a damn thing about it hahaha.
I LOVE THIS GUY!!! :D
LMAO!!
RD

91nordic29
05-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Well, then, maybe you can help teach your wakeboarding buddies the basic rules of boating. They seem to be lacking...

Jbb
05-23-2007, 10:42 AM
MMD ...you rascal.......good to hear from you again!!!.....:D

Blown 472
05-23-2007, 10:44 AM
A few?? everyone of you stupid f uckers drives like that, I return the favor by trimming up the pump and putting water back in your boat.
And why is it you think you own the river? you cant go to the end of a lake and do that shit? nope right down the middle of the river, so when your dipshit wakeboard rider falls off everyone has to slow down and get away from his dumbass.

Big Heavy
05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
We can all point fingers all we want. He said she said, in the end it goes nowhere. I think one thing, you think another. No one is changing anyone's mind. i don't mean to offend, I guess I took offense to someone caping on a friend. Enjoy.
riverdave, I like you too. Can we hang in Newps? I'll be down next weekend.

91nordic29
05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
MMD ...you rascal.......good to hear from you again!!!.....:D
TEeeeheeeheee, good one:D

460 jus getn it
05-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Outstanding, we have a fish on the line.
Dont know if i hate wakeboard boats because they look funny or the idoits driving them dont know the first things about boating rules. The wakeboard boats at our local lake are out of control, butting you off and totally doing whatever they want.
O and welcome to hb, there are some people here who have formed a shelter for newbies you might want to ask around and see if there is any room left.......LMAO

460 jus getn it
05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
A few?? everyone of you stupid f uckers drives like that, I return the favor by trimming up the pump and putting water back in your boat.
And why is it you think you own the river? you cant go to the end of a lake and do that shit? nope right down the middle of the river, so when your dipshit wakeboard rider falls off everyone has to slow down and get away from his dumbass.
Amen.
But i still cant understand why they give me the finger after i do that.

RiverDave
05-23-2007, 10:54 AM
We can all point fingers all we want. He said she said, in the end it goes nowhere. I think one thing, you think another. No one is changing anyone's mind. i don't mean to offend, I guess I took offense to someone caping on a friend. Enjoy.
riverdave, I like you too. Can we hang in Newps? I'll be down next weekend.
I gotta change that in profile one of these days.. I live down in San Diego now. Not sure if I could be seen with a wakeboard boat owner though, I might get lynched on here. :D
I gotta be honest, I was completely unaware of hostillities between two sects of boaters. I always kinda figured there's ***boaters and there's everyone else, but atleast everyone is out there having a good time. :) There's quite a few people on here that own both a ***boat and a wakeboard boat. I know that's my plan when I'm rich and famous anyways.. Malibu Wake Setter and a Schiada both in the garage.. (And no I'm not stalking you MBrown, just happens to be the 2 boats I want :D)
RD

Big Heavy
05-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Seriously, i really have nothing against you guys. I grew up riding and boating at Parker/Havasu. My dad is actually a Hot Boat subscriber & used to own a Schiada & a Mandela Flat Bottom, fun times. I just got a bit pissed when someone called the Mastercraft driver an illegal alien. He is a friend and does not deserve that crap.
Plus, we are all there for the same reason, having fun on the lakes & rivers. My apologies for getting out of line.

Donttreadonme
05-23-2007, 11:12 AM
By Scar13 (scar13) on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 11:57 am:
Whats more Funny?
How many pics you see of Boarders jacking something up? Not many
How many pics of go fast boats wrecked and normally into one another? A whole helluva lot more
Well lets see...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31548&stc=1&d=1179947201
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31549&stc=1&d=1179947315
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31550&stc=1&d=1179947377
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31551&stc=1&d=1179947431
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31552&stc=1&d=1179947485

rivrrts429
05-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Now I know why those boats have roll bars:D :D

Donttreadonme
05-23-2007, 11:17 AM
and these...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31553&stc=1&d=1179947615
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31554&stc=1&d=1179947648
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31555&stc=1&d=1179947773

Deano
05-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Great reading over on wakeboardworld.com. I think I'll grow a mullet and put the speedo on:idea: haha.
I will give credit...Those roll bar boats pull chicks ;) :rolleyes:

Devilman
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Amen.
But i still cant understand why they give me the finger after i do that.
LMAO, one of them saw that post about you liking ABBA & said he wants to meet you. :D
haha, some jetboat dumbass over there from arizona likes to listen to abba. wtf, like to meet that fag & kick his ass! hahaha
J/K LMAO:D

IT'SONLYMONEY
05-23-2007, 11:33 AM
those boats if you ask me are worse than lake lice. the wakes they put out go for miles and are hudge. even on a non busy day it only takes a few of those things on the lakes and the water is crap. you don't see performance boats doing that.:) ski boats are cool too, a little brains and that wouldn't have happend. i would have met him at his truck for sure for a little talk and trading of insurance info.

Tige' 24v
05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Just like with anything there will always be idiots doing something wrong. We ride early mornings never past 8am. I know our boats are made to create a wake but most people that are heavily into wake boarding are finished riding before you even wake up. So please don't judge us all the same way the people that we hang with go out of our way not to ruin the water. But you guys have got to be kidding if you don't think your big ass boats don't create a wake. We spend our afternoons floating and when a perfomance boat goes by belive me there is a wake/wave that follows. The bigger problem is anyone can go down and buy a boat without any training what so ever....

Sleek-Jet
05-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Just like with anything there will always be idiots doing something wrong. We ride early mornings never past 8am. I know our boats are made to create a wake but most people that are heavily into wake boarding are finished riding before you even wake up. So please don't judge us all the same way the people that we hang with go out of our way not to ruin the water. But you guys have got to be kidding if you don't think your big ass boats don't create a wake. We spend our afternoons floating and when a perfomance boat goes by belive me there is a wake/wave that follows. The bigger problem is anyone can go down and buy a boat without any training what so ever....
That makes the V-drive guys happy... :D

91nordic29
05-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Another bright comment from the wakeboard forum:
By Billy (woreout) on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 12:02 pm:
Does this mean CC,MC, BU and all others will join forces for this battle against guys with mullets and speedos?
These are the same guys that had custom vans in the 70's with the wall to wall carpet and ace of spades windows.
They all look like Mark Mcormick on the TV show Hardcastle and Mcormick
or David Hasslehoff wannabees
You should see what a floating bottle does to a boat at 100+ mph.
We all know how that bottle (that isnt supposed to be on the lake anyway) probably got there:mad:

Quest4Fun
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
For some reason this thread is reminding me of the fights and complaints you hear out on the ski sloops... skiers vs snowboarders...:idea: The skiers are the quite go about your business type of peeps and the snowboarders come in and tear everything up and knock everyone around...don't know it just reminds me of that. :idea:

Deuce2
05-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Does this mean CC,MC, BU and all others will join forces for this battle against guys with mullets and speedos?
These are the same guys that had custom vans in the 70's with the wall to wall carpet and ace of spades windows.
We all know how that bottle (that isnt supposed to be on the lake anyway) probably got there:mad:
It is not like the ***boat forum is taking the highroad on this...? In fact, someone from here went over with some "gaywakeboarder" user name or something like that and posted like a 12 year old.
At least the few who have responded here, have responded as adults and without juvenile usernames....

Devilman
05-23-2007, 12:10 PM
LMAO, how do they know 76Anthony? :D :D :D

YODA
05-23-2007, 12:26 PM
So after reading this thread, do I need to grow a mullet and have some of my teeth removed so I fit in with the rest of you folks???

460 jus getn it
05-23-2007, 12:26 PM
LMAO, one of them saw that post about you liking ABBA & said he wants to meet you. :D
J/K LMAO:D
FLMAO

460 jus getn it
05-23-2007, 12:28 PM
LMAO, how do they know 76Anthony? :D :D :D
I wonder if they have beef with 76 cause that spot light focks up there sight in the early am.

Devilman
05-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I wonder if they have beef with 76 cause that spot light focks up there sight in the early am.
Blinds em so bad they gotta drop the rope & cover their eyes. LMFAO

91nordic29
05-23-2007, 12:38 PM
It is not like the ***boat forum is taking the highroad on this...? In fact, someone from here went over with some "gaywakeboarder" user name or something like that and posted like a 12 year old.
At least the few who have responded here, have responded as adults and without juvenile usernames....
Yeah, you're right.
So... how are things over in Mogadishu?

Deuce2
05-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, you're right.
So... how are things over in Mogadishu?
Strangely enough, cool with scattered rain.... But hoping things warm up enough to sleep on the lake(friends cruiser) this weekend....with the added bonus of half naked women instead of board shorts and sweatshirts....

ratso
05-23-2007, 12:56 PM
We had a get together on the Colorado River last weekend with a few speedboats... went from Lago Vista to Marble falls... quite a trip. We ran across a few wakeboard boats... slowed down, got across the mfers wakes, and gassed it and went on. We went as far up as we could near the dam and the last few miles there wasn't another boat in sight besides our group. About half an hour after we all anchored off on the beach, guess what... wakeboard boat, plowing through the water about 20 mph throwing the hugest frikkin' wakes and wreaking havoc on everything we had beached... Are these dumbasses really that stupid???
One of the guys with us said he has a few do that where he lives, and if things are really getting out of hand, he goes and grabs his 42 footer and totally screws their entire afternoon lol...:D

DeltaSigBoater
05-23-2007, 01:35 PM
I've had my fair share run-ins with wakeboard boat people over the past 10 years or so.
If I am able to do so I always launch on the left side of a WB, unless its a Correct Craft, then I launch on their right. If I cant launch I'll wait, I do this because when the WB backs off the trailer they dont hit my boat.
I love to hear the WB guys tell how badass their boat is, how well it rides, how may bitches & ho's it seats, what a phat stereo system it has, and how they've added "extra weight" (concret block, sand, or whatever) to get a bigger wake... guess what fellas, by adding that extra weight it counts as gear and if you exeed your maximum persons/gear weight and your boat sinks your insurance 99.999:100 is null & void due to overloading your boat.
Towers, Water Ballast Tanks, Trim Tabs & V-Drives... A vast majority of WB people are under the notion that the WB industry brought these items into the world, things, and every-other facet of boating is using them. Crazy as it sounds I've had individuals argue about this with me till the cows came home. Well let me now pubicaly thank the WB industry for bringing all these items to the rest of us boaters :rolleyes:
We've all seen the weather go from nice to practically hurricane status in a matter of minutes. Some of us try and wait the storm out, but eventually we need to get back to the dock. When the weather does go bad & I make a run for shore I'll have at least 2, if not more WBs following me indside my own wake.
For those of you who are wondering... I dont own nor I'm ever going to buy a wakeboard boat, it's just not my bag!

Sleek-Jet
05-23-2007, 01:44 PM
I dont own nor I'm never going to buy a wakeboard boat, it's just not my bag!
One copy of "Wakeboard boats... it's my bag, Baby!" by DeltaSigBoater
:D

squirt'nmyload
05-23-2007, 01:56 PM
the focks goin on here................nice to hear from you wake boat guys. now go tell your people to take a boating class and learn some common courtesy. i have yet to meet 1 wakeboat driver in phx that gives a damn about anyone else out on the water, that includes my friends!!! sorry to those that exist :D

squirt'nmyload
05-23-2007, 02:37 PM
LMAO..........one of them tuff guys huh :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

squirt'nmyload
05-23-2007, 02:39 PM
another question for the wakeboard guys....why is it that every fight i see happen on the phx lakes is coming from a wake boat??????

Tige' 24v
05-23-2007, 02:46 PM
I can't answer that as we don't boat up where you are at. But i have seen many a fight at the sandbar in Havasu with guy's in performance boats. Like I said earlier don't go lumping us all together. You can always see the tough guy a mile away and we just avoid them. My group is out to have fun not make waves:)

DeltaSigBoater
05-23-2007, 02:49 PM
I can't answer that as we don't boat up where you are at. But i have seen many a fight at the sandbar in Havasu with guy's in performance boats. Like I said earlier don't go lumping us all together. You can always see the tough guy a mile away and we just avoid them. My group is out to have fun not make waves:)
No Pun Intended ;)

squirt'nmyload
05-23-2007, 02:51 PM
:) :)

Coach
05-23-2007, 07:07 PM
the focks goin on here................nice to hear from you wake boat guys. now go tell your people to take a boating class and learn some common courtesy. i have yet to meet 1 wakeboat driver in phx that gives a damn about anyone else out on the water, that includes my friends!!! sorry to those that exist :D
I know this thread is getting out of control. But if you want to meet one here ya go. I am out in the Topock area every other weekend. I have taken a boating class and I do use common courtesy (I even learned how to say please and thank you as a child). I am not on the PHX lakes but I see more and more wake boats out on the river and most of them are families out enjoying their weekend just like you are. I was a "***boat" owner for the last 5 years and picked up a wake boat this last year. Please try not to group all wake boat owners together. Very often you are seeing a bunch of 20 somethings who you might be describing. Overall that is just young and dumb and most of us have been there at one time or another.
Contest or not those pictures should not happen. The group running the contest needs to take more precaution so that if the docks will be in a double up area they need to close it to protect the boat owners so they are not in use or move the double up area. Common sense would and could solve many problems.
Please don't lump us all together as that "group or that group" When the boating community is divided that just creates more problems. I know many good boaters who run ***boats ,runabouts, bass boats, row boats, wake boats and jet ski (oh yes I said it, here comes another debate). I think you get the point.

pw_Tony
05-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I know this thread is getting out of control. But if you want to meet one here ya go. I am out in the Topock area every other weekend. I have taken a boating class and I do use common courtesy (I even learned how to say please and thank you as a child). I am not on the PHX lakes but I see more and more wake boats out on the river and most of them are families out enjoying their weekend just like you are. I was a "***boat" owner for the last 5 years and picked up a wake boat this last year. Please try not to group all wake boat owners together. Very often you are seeing a bunch of 20 somethings who you might be describing. Overall that is just young and dumb and most of us have been there at one time or another.
Contest or not those pictures should not happen. The group running the contest needs to take more precaution so that if the docks will be in a double up area they need to close it to protect the boat owners so they are not in use or move the double up area. Common sense would and could solve many problems.
Please don't lump us all together as that "group or that group" When the boating community is divided that just creates more problems. I know many good boaters who run ***boats ,runabouts, bass boats, row boats, wake boats and jet ski (oh yes I said it, here comes another debate). I think you get the point.
Word. It was interesting to what all those kind of things those guys brought up. But they did make a pointer or two....:devil:

Flyinbowtie
05-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Amen.
I understand the anger, but cannot help feeling that as this society continues to slide down the hill, we screw ourselves even more when we isolate a group of people based on a car they drive, a house they live in, or what kind of boat they have.
Bottom line folks, is that idiots come in every shape and size, and kind be found piloting everything from a computer to a Lambo.
I have a SkiSanger with an extended pylon for my sons to wakeboard behind.
I grew up around a '76 19 ft. Anthony jet. Courtesy, decency, and the lack thereof are not toy specific.
Cheap credit has put idiots in boats, cars and sand rails that shouldn't be there.
Cheap credit has put idiots on steet and dirt bikes, quads etc. that shouldn't be there.
Isolate them from the machine if you can.
This sounds too much like the crap my Dad put up with in 1950 because his '34 Ford Coupe was chopped, loud, and had motorcycle fenders on the front, and he had a bomber jacket.
JMHO

catman-do
05-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I would say that the fights I tend to see are comming from people in performance boats ( a majority of the time). Most of the wakeboarders CAN at times be dcks, however I tend to see the meatheads fighting the most and giving people stares. Usually those guys arent wakeboarding, they are usually trying to look as "cool" as possible on their boat.
Ive had both styles of boats. The new bigger one deffinately throws a smaller wake, however I would get people in performance boats that were idiots as well when they would pass going up river (probably because they thought they were tough sht).

stefan
05-26-2007, 04:35 AM
seriously who do these "wakeboard" cowboys think they are? Who the hell do they think they are driving around with these big boom boxes and tribal tattoos. Im with most of ya guys here anything with the name wake in it is giving us a bad name. See how they like getting buzzed by me, while their skier swims back to boat like a drown rat

SBC Jetboat
06-17-2007, 09:22 PM
My hays off to BLOWN 472. I couldn't beleive no one said it, then you finally did. Trim up and hose em down. Thats what I say, just make sure theres no blue light specials around.

beaverretriever
06-17-2007, 09:30 PM
All I have to say it that boat getting bashed has about 400lbs worth of speakers on the tower. I had a wakeboat at one time and I had two of those NVS 10" speakers on the tower and they weighed about 40lbs each. I don't know how that tower doesn't tear out of the boat with that kind of weight on it. :confused:

DSW
06-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Some of you guys are just plain haters! Lakes are for everybody, jet skis, and wakeboarders included. This thread is plain stupid. We are all boating enthusiasts. We all enjoy the water. Yes some people are not as experianced as others. Some people do stupid shit. it's gonna happen everywhere! I see it everyday here on havasu from every kind of boater.

riverbound
06-17-2007, 10:39 PM
My only gripe are the Wakeboard boats that drive around with fully loded ballast tanks creating monster wakes and towing somebody that can barely even get outside the wake. Unless you are towing someone that can actually pull off some big air, there is no need to load up the tanks.
We have 3 WB in my family and when we arent towing someone that can benefit from the larger wake, we have the bags empty. and if you have any clue as to what you are doing you should never see yourself in a situation where you are causing dmamge to anyone elses property.
as far as the pics....the guy in the mastercraft obviously has no clue to his surroundings.....whether it was a wakeboard cmpetition or not, there is no need to get that close to a dock when you are throwing a wake like that.
I see it all the time where people towing their 12 year old wannabe pro wakeboarder with 1500lbs of ballast and they come within 15ft of my dock...there is a whole river there....and seeing your kid catch air in front of me while damging my dock in no way impresses me. It just goes to show any lack of consideration for anyone else.
Like was said earlier, there are idiots all over the place.....but it seems there is a big majority behind the wheel of those types of boats and PWCs. And before you WB guys get all pissy at me....like I stated earlier......WE HAVE 3 OF THEM IN MY FAMILY, one of them just tripped 1000 hours and not once have we ever been in a situation liek the above pics. and 2 of the boats have been used in wakeboard and air chair competitions.

MADDOG355
06-17-2007, 11:44 PM
I agree that not all wakeboarders are bad, Just seems like a larger % are.
I am shure some of the wake board guys are reading this, Let me relay a little story.
I watched A wake boat buzz a group of boats that were tied up together a few times, just as they were getting ready to leave everyone trying to get to their boats and such. It turns out one of the boats was a jet, He took off got right infront of them and blasted them with about a 4-6 foot tail!!
When I saw them all at the ramp the coast guard and cops were there!
From what I got the wakeboard boat coused some damage to a couple of the boats in the floatilla, The jet blew the windshield off the wakeboat and busted someones nose or lip (there was blood). Not shure how it all came out but I bet they avoid other boats for a while.

Sherpa
06-18-2007, 07:25 AM
how close did the mastercraft run next to the docks when he made those
wakes-??
--Sherpa

desertbird
06-18-2007, 08:12 AM
I scrolled all the way down reading each post as I went thinking that no one was going to say what I wanted to say......until I read your post.
Yah beat me to it Mike.......:D
I kept looking for this post too!! If this ain't karma, I don't know what is. I certainly don't want people tossed out or hurt, but a little gel-coat repair and a wet stereo? Yeah, how you like that wake now BEEEAATHC!!!:D

Dave C
06-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Not trying to defend the rollbar boats. but that lake is a shitty place to park your boat at any time let alone a wakerboard competition. Its very small and has no parking for you boat away from the action.
Its the type of place where you want to anchor nose out and not park on ae dock. This sort of thing is going to happen all day.
However having been there that still looks like a serious case of lack of respect.

meaniam
06-18-2007, 10:28 AM
I agree that not all wakeboarders are bad, Just seems like a larger % are.
I am shure some of the wake board guys are reading this, Let me relay a little story.
I watched A wake boat buzz a group of boats that were tied up together a few times, just as they were getting ready to leave everyone trying to get to their boats and such. It turns out one of the boats was a jet, He took off got right infront of them and blasted them with about a 4-6 foot tail!!
When I saw them all at the ramp the coast guard and cops were there!
From what I got the wakeboard boat coused some damage to a couple of the boats in the floatilla, The jet blew the windshield off the wakeboat and busted someones nose or lip (there was blood). Not shure how it all came out but I bet they avoid other boats for a while.
damn didnt know the power of a jet o vator could do all that. that is f-ed up.
just thinking about all the boats being tied up has me going. when boats are usually tied together people are floating around what if a kid would have been playin in between those boats. could have been smashed.
i finished a v drive lattie 2 years ago. took it out to the river and had to stop to adjust carb. the cats and tunnels are just as guilty of throwing wake that can and will sink a boat quick. i had cats doing full speed passes 20 feet of my transome. pissing me off and scared the sh!t out of me. so i quit the flattie crap cuase i could easily see it ending up on the bottom of the lake weather big $ boat or waker.
i figure if you cant beat them join them. went and bought a tunnel. just have enough sense to look for stopped boats and drive away from them

pw_Tony
06-18-2007, 10:47 AM
damn didnt know the power of a jet o vator could do all that. that is f-ed up.
just thinking about all the boats being tied up has me going. when boats are usually tied together people are floating around what if a kid would have been playin in between those boats. could have been smashed.
i finished a v drive lattie 2 years ago. took it out to the river and had to stop to adjust carb. the cats and tunnels are just as guilty of throwing wake that can and will sink a boat quick. i had cats doing full speed passes 20 feet of my transome. pissing me off and scared the sh!t out of me. so i quit the flattie crap cuase i could easily see it ending up on the bottom of the lake weather big $ boat or waker.
i figure if you cant beat them join them. went and bought a tunnel. just have enough sense to look for stopped boats and drive away from them
Hmmm I never knew boats at speed put out a big wake.... I think something's wrong with my boat then, the faster I go the smaller and lower my wake becomes:confused:

roostwear
06-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Had the flat out 2 weeks ago and spent quite a bit of time floating. PWC's tore up the water and when you have a whole 8" of freeboard, the last thing you need is somone doing doughnuts 20 feet from you. I got lucky there weren't any WB's around though. Seems there's always one with full ballast and no wakeboard behind it trying to push that barge as fast as it'll go. Had a big cat go by at speed and thought that was it. Shocked the wife how little wake they have.
Pretty sad when a "good day on the water" is not getting hit or sunk.

MADDOG355
06-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Hmmm I never knew boats at speed put out a big wake.... I think something's wrong with my boat then, the faster I go the smaller and lower my wake becomes:confused:
I agree, most boats at speed don't throw a giant wake. But he was not moving real fast. Looked like a pretty good wake behind him, But I was a little ways off.
meaniam, It is pretty simple if you think about it. How much water pressure does it take to push a 1500-2000lb boat to 60? I am shure someone here has GPH and PSI #.

meaniam
06-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I agree, most boats at speed don't throw a giant wake. But he was not moving real fast. Looked like a pretty good wake behind him, But I was a little ways off.
meaniam, It is pretty simple if you think about it. How much water pressure does it take to push a 1500-2000lb boat to 60? I am shure someone here has GPH and PSI #.
it really doesnt take a whole lot for a flattie sittin 2 to 3 inch above water at transom to sink. and actually i f-ed up writing cat or tunnel. i meant to say big ass boat. a deep vee like a cigarette even a gayliner you know anything with a good enough v running 30 mph with the lack of freeboard i had would worry the shit out of them when you could toss a football a nail the bozo as he does his flyby. if you were to sit at the mouth south of the sandbar and watch you would see what i am sayin