PDA

View Full Version : i got a ticket today.

DUNDUN
05-23-2007, 12:59 PM
does anyone know the maximum mph over the speed limit you can go and still be eligible for traffic school? or if there is one? first tickets suck.

BADBLOWN572
05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
I got clocked one time @ 35 over the speed limit. Went to the judge and requested traffic school. Luckily he let me have it. :)
I heard that 30mph over is the max that they automatically offer traffic school. Not sure though.

DUNDUN
05-23-2007, 01:05 PM
if youre right than im stoked, i was clocked at 26 over.
im too young to be screwing up my record..

Cheap Thrills
05-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Here it's the dreaded 15 over.....
C.T. :wink:

ULTRA26 # 1
05-23-2007, 01:42 PM
I believe that it is dependent of the speed limit you exceeded. As I recall, 20 over the max state speed limit, of 70 you will be eligible for traffic school. Anything in excess is up the the judge and/or citing officer. It town, I have been cited for 35 over and was offered traffic school. In this case the officer was full of bull, I went to court and he didn't show. Case closed and I got my bail money back. Record still clean.

Baja Big Dog
05-23-2007, 01:45 PM
20 over is the rule, varies county to county, sometimes the judge will let you slide.

willowrat
05-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I just mailed in $400 for 77 in a 45 at the I-40 construction spot. They asked for $29 for traffic school. I took it.

DUNDUN
05-23-2007, 02:27 PM
i got 96 in a 70 on the 15 going southbound in lake elsinore near main street...
my record was completely clean prior to this, but im also 18, so i dont know what they will do.
thanks for the response.

acatitude
05-23-2007, 02:32 PM
remember you can only go to traffic school I believe once every 18 months , so if you get the school, you better slow down for a year:D

Classic Daycruiser
05-23-2007, 02:34 PM
96 mph sounds kinda fast. What do you think you deserve? a slap on the hand or a slap in the face?
Be careful out there. 96 is pretty fast for 18 years old. I'm sure this is not an isolated incident. Never be the fastest car on the road.:idea:

Mrs.Racer277
05-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I seem to recall the # 20 :(

DUNDUN
05-23-2007, 02:37 PM
well i probably deserve a slap on the face. this is an isolated incident for the most part, just a stupid, late for school situation.. im just looking for the best possible outcome...

Mrs.Racer277
05-23-2007, 02:39 PM
i got 96 in a 70 on the 15 going southbound in lake elsinore near main street...
my record was completely clean prior to this, but im also 18, so i dont know what they will do.
thanks for the response.
I am not sure if it changes from county to county but I was in a 65 going over 90 (not telling how much over either) and he told me he would write me for 90 so I could go to traffic school. Gee thanks :(

Classic Daycruiser
05-23-2007, 02:41 PM
At some point it becomes criminal. I thought it was 20 over. Did the box in the ticket say criminal? If so, be sure to plead it down to a civil violation if you can.

RiverToysJas
05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't know what the rules is, but I did traffic school last year in OC on my 90 in a 65 ticket. It was offered right in the notice I got.
RTJas :D

DUNDUN
05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
the ticket didnt say criminal.. i guess ill just have to wait for a couple weeks to get my courtesy notice to see about traffic school.

shockwaveharry
05-23-2007, 02:59 PM
...im too young to be screwing up my record..
But that's when you're SUPPOSED to screw it up! :D

BrendellaJet
05-23-2007, 03:00 PM
the ticket didnt say criminal.. i guess ill just have to wait for a couple weeks to get my courtesy notice to see about traffic school.
Damn, you might get rolled for that...What county were you in?

Old school Ultra
05-23-2007, 03:01 PM
What vehicle code was on the ticket? 22350?

DUNDUN
05-23-2007, 03:48 PM
it was in riverside county. old school ultra and classic daycruiser, new pm.

Kilrtoy
05-23-2007, 04:04 PM
25MPH and under is what it is
you can go to traffic schol twice in 18 months

Kilrtoy
05-23-2007, 04:07 PM
What vehicle code was on the ticket? 22350?
Most likely a 22356(B) V.C.
if not that
then
22349(A)V.C.

HokeySon
05-23-2007, 04:12 PM
At some point it becomes criminal. I thought it was 20 over. Did the box in the ticket say criminal? If so, be sure to plead it down to a civil violation if you can.
Its all criminal. You may be thinking about the difference between an infraction and a misdemeanor. This is all going to be an infraction. No worries.

DUNDUN
05-23-2007, 04:18 PM
it was code 22356(B) V.C.
dammit, 26 over.

Wet Dream
05-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I got the 44 mph over the limit a little over a year ago. Paid a lawyer $1000 and went to court. It could have been mandatory 90 day suspension, and 5 points but going that route got reduced to 79 in a 65 and got some of my fine returned, and carried 3 points.

HokeySon
05-23-2007, 04:44 PM
it was code 22356(B) V.C.
dammit, 26 over.
Just relax, you are way too worried about this for a young buck .. but I guess that is a good thing. You are going to get to go to traffic school. You got written up for an ordinary moving violation. You were under 100 so you don't have to make the mandatory court appearance.
Here is the link to the Riverside County Superior Couort website re traffic school. http://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/traffic.htm#TRAFFIC_SCHOOL
Edit: unless of course, You were In Orange County (Don't know what county Lake Elsinore is in). Then you are one mile an hour too high. Still, just request a hearing and go see the judge -- more than likely he will let you go to school. Here is thelink to the OC superior Court website. http://www.occourts.org/traffic/index.asp#Signup

mxbundy
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
thanks for the response.
I think they should throw the book at you. That is totally out of line to be going a C**T hair from 100 MPH any where any time!
What in the hell was that important that you had to be going that fast?:mad:

DUNDUN
05-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Just relax, you are way too worried about this for a young buck .. but I guess that is a good thing. You are going to get to go to traffic school. You got written up for an ordinary moving violation. You were under 100 so you don't have to make the mandatory court appearance.
Here is the link to the Riverside County Superior Couort website re traffic school. http://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/traffic.htm#TRAFFIC_SCHOOL
Edit: unless of course, You were In Orange County (Don't know what county Lake Elsinore is in). Then you are one mile an hour too high. Still, just request a hearing and go see the judge -- more than likely he will let you go to school. Here is thelink to the OC superior Court website. http://www.occourts.org/traffic/index.asp#Signup
thanks, i was in riverside county. if im not eligible, ill go to court and talk to the da about reducing it..
and mxbundy, ill admit it was irresponsible. just lost in the moment of getting shit done.
thanks again for the responses. im a rookie at this. haha

shockwaveharry
05-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I think they should throw the book at you. That is totally out of line to be going a C**T hair from 100 MPH any where any time!
You're kidding, right? Average speed on the 15 is 85mph. Traffic move in packs at that speed, sometimes above.
He wasn't in a school zone... What planet do you live on? :confused:

Wet Dream
05-23-2007, 06:32 PM
You're kidding, right? You seem like one of those pansy asses that call people idiots for passing you, and morons for not going fast enough when you pass them. :mad:

talbert450r
05-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Go to court and ask for traffic school. I went a couple weeks ago for a speeding ticket I got on the 15 90mph in a 70mph. I already had traffic school 6 months prior and the judge still granted my request and he reduced my fine from $216 to $70 without me even asking :jawdrop: :D

mxbundy
05-23-2007, 11:17 PM
You're kidding, right? Average speed on the 15 is 85mph. Traffic move in packs at that speed, sometimes above.
He wasn't in a school zone... What planet do you live on? :confused:
You have got to be kidding me? And I`ll bet that you are one of the A-holes that comes up on one of these "packs" of cars doing 96 I guess while they are doing 85 and try to force your way through by weaving in and out of lanes,tail gating and passing people with only a couple of feet to spare.
Hell I speed all the time, but their is a big difference from doing 85 with the flow of traffic keeping a safe distance to doing 96. How can anyone come on here and condone this kind of behavior. Is this the same bunch of people who piss and moan about pictures being published of people riding on the engine hatch of their boat while on plane? The same people who bitch about lake lice?
At that speed things happen fast.
Maybe you are a better than average driver, or maybe you just think you are, but either way you have to worry about the other guy all the time.
People drive right on your ass anymore, have no courtsy and only care about themselves and their focked up schedules.
How would you like it if your wife and kids dont make it home someday because some punk was in too big of a hurry and took them out.
Listen I am a speed junkie just like everyone else on here, but their is a time and a place for it.
But please explain to me why doing 85 with the flow of traffic is not fast enough?

mxbundy
05-23-2007, 11:24 PM
You're kidding, right? You seem like one of those pansy asses that call people idiots for passing you, and morons for not going fast enough when you pass them. :mad:
Maybe I am a pansy ass, maybe not.
So what is your idea of safe driving habits?

Ivan Dan
05-24-2007, 12:12 AM
You have got to be kidding me? And I`ll bet that you are one of the A-holes that comes up on one of these "packs" of cars doing 96 I guess while they are doing 85 and try to force your way through by weaving in and out of lanes,tail gating and passing people with only a couple of feet to spare.
Hell I speed all the time, but their is a big difference from doing 85 with the flow of traffic keeping a safe distance to doing 96. How can anyone come on here and condone this kind of behavior. Is this the same bunch of people who piss and moan about pictures being published of people riding on the engine hatch of their boat while on plane? The same people who bitch about lake lice?
Maybe you are a better than average driver, or maybe you just think you are, but either way you have to worry about the other guy all the time.
People drive right on your ass anymore, have no courtsy and only care about themselves and their focked up schedules.
How would you like it if your wife and kids dont make it home someday because some punk was in too big of a hurry and took them out.
Listen I am a speed junkie just like everyone else on here, but their is a time and a place for it.
But please explain to me why doing 85 with the flow of traffic is not fast enough?
What the hell is the difference here? You are breaking the law just the same as he did. You are no better than he is as you are speeding too and should be written a ticket as well.
Technically speaking doing 71 in a 70 zone is breaking the law but as mentioned above it is up to LEO's discretion of whether to ticket you or not.

Wet Dream
05-24-2007, 04:14 AM
You are assuming a road full of traffic at peak hours. Safe driving doesn't jeopardize other people. If the road was full of traffic, then it raises the "stupid" level. If the road is wide open...have at it. ;)