PDA

View Full Version : I-40 Construction

lalhc
05-23-2007, 01:20 PM
I just drove back from Havasu and it appears that Skanska is working hard to get all the single lane bridge construction opened by this weekend. West-bound lanes are already open w/normal speeds, and they were working on re-painting the East-bound lanes today.

RT21
05-23-2007, 01:24 PM
That is good news. That one guy and his wheel barrel was getting pretty tired.

MR.rvrluvr
05-23-2007, 01:24 PM
WELL ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!

BALLSDEEP
05-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I just drove back from Havasu and it appears that Skanska is working hard to get all the single lane bridge construction opened by this weekend. West-bound lanes are already open w/normal speeds, and they were working on re-painting the East-bound lanes today.
Its about time, Its only been how many years.....

phebus
05-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure they will start a new project as soon as this one is done. Isn't that the way?

lalhc
05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure they will start a new project as soon as this one is done. Isn't that the way?
That's what I was thinking. It's just like the rest areas along I-40; when one is opened, the other one is closed.

dumbandyoung
05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Hell yah. They need to keep them busy haha.
This project has been going for almost what??.. 5 years? They built the 210 FWY from La Verne to the 15 FWY in that time. :D
....which I might add, makes driving to the river alot nicer.

christhomas2
05-23-2007, 01:40 PM
How's the loser CHP gonna pay his rent?

dumbandyoung
05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
How's the loser CHP gonna pay his rent?
Thanks, I spit water on my keyboard. :D

JET-O-VATOR
05-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey where is this Mussel check point thing at i havernt been all season just wondering if im going to get stuck in that chit headed up or back on the 40?

Havasu1986
05-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Hey where is this Mussel check point thing at i havernt been all season just wondering if im going to get stuck in that chit headed up or back on the 40?
Cali doesn't care what you take to another state...coming home on the 40 its at the produce stop before Needles.:)

echo
05-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Have thought that was a rent a cop in the parked chp car.

Quest4Fun
05-23-2007, 01:58 PM
They're probably just messin with ya. :D

Baja Big Dog
05-23-2007, 02:00 PM
A lot of bridges on 40..sure some more of them need improvments!!!:mad:

Debbolas
05-23-2007, 02:05 PM
OMG!!
I am so sick of that one lane bridge thingy:lightsabe

willowrat
05-23-2007, 02:11 PM
He said he was doing me a favor. He wrote me for 77 in a 45. That cost me $400 worth of boat gas.

lalhc
05-23-2007, 02:26 PM
I have a buddy that works for Skanska (formerly Yeager Construction) and he said that the team re-building the bridges along this project were receiving huge bonuses for being ahead of schedule. Many of the workers were making around $20K per month.

BALLSDEEP
05-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I have a buddy that works for Skanska (formerly Yeager Construction) and he said that the team re-building the bridges along this project were receiving huge bonuses for being ahead of schedule. Many of the workers were making around $20K per month.
I would expect that much too to work out there during the hottest time of the year watching everyone pass going to the river.
Funny thing, I have never seen anyone working out there, I guess that’s why it seems like it has taken forever.

HalletDave
05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
That is good news.
I am hoping the bridge transitions won't be as bad as they used to be.
I cringe everytime I approach those bridges.:eek:

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
05-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Thats what precast concrete will do. Those precast bridge spans where in place weeks not months from the time of demo. I think this specific project has gone very fast for its scale. If those brigdes where cast in place like the railroad bridges @ Goff's Rd. it would be till next summer, easy. Precast concrete is always a better answer. Same goes fo the new seawall in the channel.

Not So Fast
05-23-2007, 04:25 PM
He said he was doing me a favor. He wrote me for 77 in a 45. That cost me $400 worth of boat gas.
So lets get this straight, the speed limit is 45mph in the construction zone and you were doing in excess of 77mph right? And it sounds like you think you were wrongly written a ticket :confused: You're lucky it only cost you $400 because most fines are doubled in const. zones!!!! Get real OK, you were quite a bit over the limit and you got caught so next time slow down. Have you ever worked along side traffic, it's pretty damn scary and crap happens fast, we all want to go home after work!! :( NSF

dumbandyoung
05-23-2007, 04:37 PM
I would expect that much too to work out there during the hottest time of the year watching everyone pass going to the river.
Funny thing, I have never seen anyone working out there, I guess that’s why it seems like it has taken forever.
Ive seen them working at night

Baja Big Dog
05-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Do the math...you saved 7 minutes going 77 as opposed to the speed limit of 45...thats $57 a minute:idea:
You saved 6 minutes opposed to going 48 mph, which you could do without hassle.:confused:
I would challenge that $400 figure, the fine for that speed would be around 350-400 bucks, but that is doubled in a marked construction zones, IM thinking 700-800 bucks! That is 100-114 bucks per minute....think next time.

Baja Big Dog
05-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Just got off the phone with a bro comming home, the 40 is open westbound, said its looks like one lane eastbound right now, Ill bet that changes soon.:D

charlyox
05-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Maybe Caltrans will get their S*** together and repair the rest area.

shueman
05-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Yep, brought it in ahead of schedule and under budget....:eek:

Kachina26
05-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I have a buddy that works for Skanska (formerly Yeager Construction) and he said that the team re-building the bridges along this project were receiving huge bonuses for being ahead of schedule. Many of the workers were making around $20K per month.I hope they got it right this time :mad:
So lets get this straight, the speed limit is 45mph in the construction zone and you were doing in excess of 77mph right? And it sounds like you think you were wrongly written a ticket :confused: You're lucky it only cost you $400 because most fines are doubled in const. zones!!!! Get real OK, you were quite a bit over the limit and you got caught so next time slow down. Have you ever worked along side traffic, it's pretty damn scary and crap happens fast, we all want to go home after work!! :( NSF
I only go 45 through there, no matter how much the guy behind me tailgates. Just not worth the hassle.

Not So Fast
05-24-2007, 06:26 AM
I've never seen so many ignorant theories and stupid thoughts :mad: So the bridges should be left to disentegrate from all of the increased car and TRUCK traffic right?? And the CHP (who are just doing their job btw) who are there for you and the WORKERS protection are jerks when they ticket you for doing 30+mph over the limit!!!!!!!!!!! Come on people, if you dont like the 40 then use the Desert center road or dont use either and stay home, fine by me!! NSF

Warlockjer
05-24-2007, 07:10 AM
Hey Bobby, I was just waiting for YOU to get in on this!!:)

Havasu Luvr
05-24-2007, 07:13 AM
A lot of bridges on 40..sure some more of them need improvments!!!:mad:
There is approx 158 bridges and they ALL need to be upgradeed sooner or later. Just be patient:D
FYI, the bridge improvement did not take 5+years to complete. There has been 6 or 8 phases of construction the past 5 years. All under different contractors. Whats the hurry anyways.....:D

Hardly Satisfied
05-24-2007, 07:16 AM
WELL ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!
Who cares

phebus
05-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Hey, did I tell you guys that I got stuck in rush hour traffic yesterday here in Havasu? Terrible, simply terrible I tell you. It delayed me by at least a minute. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
05-24-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm just curious when they will be repaving the road on the 40 East that extends from across from the inspection staiton to the state line? Worse piece of road I've ever dirven on. Plus, why the hell are the roads in AZ so much more smoother than CA? Take the 40 as an example...from CA whoop-de-doos on one side of the bridge to the AZ side and it is nice and smooth...same traffic patterns...
And BTW, the one-lane trafiic deal becasue of the construction delays your trip by about 15 minutes at most...I think we all can deal with only losing 15 minutes...

OutCole'd
05-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Hey, did I tell you guys that I got stuck in rush hour traffic yesterday here in Havasu? Terrible, simply terrible I tell you. It delayed me by at least a minute. :D
I'm really getting sick of hearing you talk your shit.:D

rvr_d8
05-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Hey WR.....Guess I got lucky! When I went to pass several semi's before the single lane, he was in the middle section hiding in the dark and hit his lights on me but that was it....never came after me (there was a lot of traffic though) I took it as a warning to slow down......and I listened for serval miles!;) So I personally think he is a cool CHP'r..:) ..I know....
Shut Up!:mad:
Hey you gonna to Willow this weekend?

Warlockjer
05-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Hey Rick, I had to sit through two traffic cycles yesterday. We are putting the house on the market:)

willowrat
05-24-2007, 08:34 AM
hey rvr date:
I never go over 80. People blow by me all the out there. I was just trying to get ahead of 2 semis before it went to one lane. I didn't want to go 35mph for the next 8 miles. I get a little excited going out to WV.
I quess I will not give to the policemens ball this year.

willowrat
05-24-2007, 08:36 AM
rvr d8,
I know WAAAWAAAWAAA,
Yep i will be there. I will drive a little slower though. It is hard once you hit the top of that last hill looking down at the rvr.

dumbandyoung
05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm just curious when they will be repaving the road on the 40 East that extends from across from the inspection staiton to the state line? Worse piece of road I've ever dirven on. Plus, why the hell are the roads in AZ so much more smoother than CA? Take the 40 as an example...from CA whoop-de-doos on one side of the bridge to the AZ side and it is nice and smooth...same traffic patterns...
And BTW, the one-lane trafiic deal becasue of the construction delays your trip by about 15 minutes at most...I think we all can deal with only losing 15 minutes...
Because caltrans is stupid.

rvr_d8
05-24-2007, 08:44 AM
I like to drive up there late at night (less traffic), however in April I went up on a Saturday morning....got pulled over ....for being .....ummm let's say "The Flow of traffic" and got just a warning again! I haven't gotten out of a ticket in....ever!! He was cool and just ask me to slow down!! Not gonna mention the speed, just he could have been a Jerk....but wasn't! Can you imagine how many jerks they have to deal with daily? I never use to think about it, until my son just recently became LAPD and I now hear all the stories!
I have a hard time slowing down, even the way gas is...........
maybe I should listen to slower music....like say
;) Country western?:rolleyes: :D

Havasu Luvr
05-24-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm really getting sick of hearing you talk your shit.:D
Yeah, I am getting really tired of reading some STUPID SH*T from a few idiots on these boards. Please proof read your post prior to clicking on the "Submit Reply" button :D

Throttle
05-24-2007, 09:06 AM
and you were in a rush to go .... nowhere!

Throttle
05-24-2007, 09:10 AM
don't you guys worry a bit... the chp cars you see are empty... they park them there just to get you thinkin... :idea:
j/k, hahaha:D

phebus
05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
and you were in a rush to go .... nowhere!
Happy hour only lasts so long......................:D

Throttle
05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Happy hour only lasts so long......................:D
do you?

Not So Fast
05-24-2007, 09:46 AM
don't you guys worry a bit... the chp cars you see are empty... they park them there just to get you thinkin... :idea:
j/k, hahaha:D
Yeah sure, go with that thought :D :D
Jerry: I try to stay out of it but sometimes i cant contain myself, the comments are just hard to imagine :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Havasu Dreaming: There was the same question about a year ago on the whoops between the inspection station and the river, a soil engineer came on and explained it as being nearly impossible to correct because the whole area is volcanic ash or something to that effect, very unstable ground. To really fix it would be very cost ineffective but it is bad, I agree. Its sort of like the 241 Tollroad with the ground movement I guess. Mother Earth is pretty powerful and not much man can do in certain situations!!
If I told you all what I know about whats planned for the next umpteen years on the 40, you'all would crap your pants but then I'd have to kill you :D
NSF