PDA

View Full Version : Emi Thunder Headers

RAZORSHARP
02-11-2006, 04:30 PM
By eddie marine. Anybody have any info on these. Good or bad. They claim 8mph increase at 3500 rpm and 3 mph wot. ?

Havasu_Dreamin
02-11-2006, 04:31 PM
We all know that Eddie Marine rips off others original ideas.

RAZORSHARP
02-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd agree on some aspects. But headers aren't very originial. However, if their numbers hold up, that is alot of performance for just over 2K. Most others cost more and have no real answers as far as performance. Just curious if anyone can verify what they are claiming.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-11-2006, 04:48 PM
What motor do you have? The CMI's for the 496 claim to be a real improvement.

RAZORSHARP
02-11-2006, 05:19 PM
the 496ho. CMI's are about twice as much. They say they are good for up to 60 hp.

atomickitn
02-11-2006, 06:35 PM
i can tell you that they do add performance to just about all motors and they look sharp with all the cool colors that powder coat has to offer , and they will run cooler than header style .... just my 02 :rollside:

Brian
02-11-2006, 08:40 PM
By eddie marine. Anybody have any info on these. Good or bad. They claim 8mph increase at 3500 rpm and 3 mph wot. ?
I've used the EMI manifolds before. IMO, they are a good design for moderate power applications and as far as I know an original casting (i.e. not a knockoff). The port diameters are adequate for most engines and can be ported to match most heads. For the money they are hard to beat. However, they are a short runner design and I wouldn't use them if I was trying to make big power. There are others like the IMCO Powerflow 2, Stainless Marine Gen 3, Eickert, etc, that are cast with bigger ports and divided to better approximate a long tube header design. I run the Stainless Marine Gen IIIs because they are bulletproof, have long divided runners, large port volumes that are appropriate for big motors and blowers, and are very reasonably priced compared to big tube header systems. The ultimate of course is a big tube long runner stainless steel header like CMI or Stelling, but those things are just ridiculously expensive, way out of my league! One nice feature of the s/s headers that most people don't realize is that s/s doesn't transfer heat very quickly as compared to aluminum. That means that more heat and energy stays in the exhaust gas, which means higher flow velocity and more power. Of course you pay dearly for that!
:cool: