PDA

View Full Version : pwc owners should be cited

meaniam
05-29-2007, 03:29 PM
i have been out on silverwood the past 2 weeks becoming more familiar with my new 24 ft cheetah. and i am freakin tired of seeing these aholes on pwc freaking breaking the rules. here is where it all comes from. first weekend out i am running the boat learning about trim ect. running by the damn when i come to a stop. me and my buddy here a buzzing noise and a big a$$ whomp as a pwc with 2 minors luanch over my wake across my swim step and transom. landing less then 2 feet from the side of my boat, shooting about 10 gallons of water into my boat. i cuaght upto them ripped them a new ahole. and they left as if it was a big inconvence for them. felt as thou i wasted my time. i see these rental seadoo full throttle from shore thru the no wake area blasting within feet of swimmers. and on the luanch they are zooming in front of in between and behind boat luanching and picking up. and i am not talking one. it is almost all of them..
wheather it is a rental company or personal owner of these pwc. i feel as thou, the owners of these crafts should be the ones getting the tickets as well. the owner should be held responsible to teach the operators how to safely ride these watercrafts. i bet alot of sh!t would slow down if the rental companies were held liable too

No Name
05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
pwc owners should be cited
Or shot on site.:D :D

squirt'nmyload
05-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Or shot on site.:D :D
yes!!....did you see that guy hauling ass through humbug on sunday? i thought every person there was going to beat him down on his way out:jawdrop:

Some Kind Of Monster
05-29-2007, 03:38 PM
yes!!....did you see that guy hauling ass through humbug on sunday? i thought every person there was going to beat him down on his way out:jawdrop:
Two things come to mind.. Paintball guns, and rooster tail guns..

No Name
05-29-2007, 03:40 PM
I missed that but I do remember the 10 or more that I had to avoid running over on the way to and from humbug.:mad:

squirt'nmyload
05-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Two things come to mind.. Paintball guns, and rooster tail guns..
well, there was no shortage of idiots in jetboats either:jawdrop:...two of them were riding "wheelies" and roosting each other in the middle of the crowd

Ziggy
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
i have been out on silverwood the past 2 weeks becoming more familiar with my new 24 ft cheetah. and i am freakin tired of seeing these aholes on pwc freaking breaking the rules. here is where it all comes from. first weekend out i am running the boat learning about trim ect. running by the damn when i come to a stop. me and my buddy here a buzzing noise and a big a$$ whomp as a pwc with 2 minors luanch over my wake across my swim step and transom. landing less then 2 feet from the side of my boat, shooting about 10 gallons of water into my boat. i cuaght upto them ripped them a new ahole. and they left as if it was a big inconvence for them. felt as thou i wasted my time. i see these rental seadoo full throttle from shore thru the no wake area blasting within feet of swimmers. and on the luanch they are zooming in front of in between and behind boat luanching and picking up. and i am not talking one. it is almost all of them..
wheather it is a rental company or personal owner of these pwc. i feel as thou, the owners of these crafts should be the ones getting the tickets as well. the owner should be held responsible to teach the operators how to safely ride these watercrafts. i bet alot of sh!t would slow down if the rental companies were held liable too
You know the owner of the watercraft will get a summons if his PWC driven by someone else causes a fatality, so why not have the owner share in the illegal activity of the driver since they let them use it(or rented it in some cases)...........bet that would change the rental biz a bit...
I license to drive like an idiot is NOT included with Rental fees. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

squirt'nmyload
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I missed that but I do remember the 10 or more that I had to avoid running over on the way to and from humbug.:mad:
a few came close to the back of the lucky strike on the way out there. the 12 gauge flare gun would've came in handy:D :D

No Name
05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
a few came close to the back of the lucky strike on the way out there. the 12 gauge flare gun would've came in handy:D :D
LOL.....:D

pw_Tony
05-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I get scared the most when I'm wakeboarding and then I see two buzzin behind me catching air off the wake I'm using! I easily crash and those kind could never turn fast enough or see me to miss my head! Scary shit... when I'm in a boat a waterbottle to the back of their chest and me waving my fists in the air usually gets their attention!:devil: :devil: :devil:

Wizard29
05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
i have been out on silverwood the past 2 weeks...
I hear you about the PWCs. I had several of them turn right in front of me this past weekend on Lake Mojave.
You might be the guy to ask: Is there a size limitation on Silverwood? I live in Oak Hills and it would be nice to have a local spot to drop the boat in if I ever bring it home from Cottonwood Cove...

Flashwave
05-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Trim up. The a$$holes will go elsewhere.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Here's my question. How come me and my wife can trailer my 30' boat in about 3-4 minutes start to finish, but it takes 11 people 30 minutes to put two sit down jet skis on a trailer and get the fock out of my way?
They usually take usually 45 min to an hour to un/reload where we camp.
The new 07's are 250 hp with astronomical acceleration off a beach to right in front of you.
When the Boatcops write the PWCers along Echo Lodge or Emerald,, word travels fast down the beach.
Then, with the sea lawyers exagerating the fines, and the rumor cliques amping the fines up even furthur, it usually has an effect and the jerks cool it a bit.
They need a special PWC ticket unit, the total season fines at least equaling the cost of the unit.

mdunn01
05-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Here's my question. How come me and my wife can trailer my 30' boat in about 3-4 minutes start to finish, but it takes 11 people 30 minutes to put two sit down jet skis on a trailer and get the fock out of my way?
LOL...No freaking S*it. This saturday at Telephone Cove, I managed to pull my Cole out ot freaking water and get the hell out of everyones way and yet to my astonishment I watched 4 guys struggle with one Lake lice mobile onto a trailer? I had a freaking boat and I loaded it by myself onto the trailer, connected it and gave the girlfriend the move out signal and she was out in less than 5 mins tops? What the hell?
Mike

pw_Tony
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM
LOL...No freaking S*it. This saturday at Telephone Cove, I managed to pull my Cole out ot freaking water and get the hell out of everyones way and yet to my astonishment I watched 4 guys struggle with one Lake lice mobile onto a trailer? I had a freaking boat and I loaded it by myself onto the trailer, connected it and gave the girlfriend the move out signal and she was out in less than 5 mins tops? What the hell?
Mike
Wow you take your cole out on Mohave with no splash guard? That just sounds like you're asking to sink...

Pheelin Phroggy
05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
I hear you about the PWCs. I had several of them turn right in front of me this past weekend on Lake Mojave.
You might be the guy to ask: Is there a size limitation on Silverwood? I live in Oak Hills and it would be nice to have a local spot to drop the boat in if I ever bring it home from Cottonwood Cove...
Let see... Mojave... Silverwood, thats kinda like a blackjack no brainer...We are up here in Hesperia, I was informed silverwood had the same rules as BBL, 26', but there is no way in hell I would even consider putting my boat in silverwood... super small lake and fockturds everywhere, sheet floating everywhere and for some reason they seem to have a pretty high seasonal drowning rate. We get to Cottonwood a few times a year.. love the dam run.

vee-driven
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
If you think the pwc riders are bad, what about the, "i just refied my house and bought this 30 foot boat, anybody know how to drive it" crowd. I grew up on flatbottom boats and jet skis, the ones you stand up on. I have both sea-doo's and boat's and know the rules and ride my skies the way i drive my boat and if i wanna fuk around and do stupid tricks there is a place for that, and i will agree the morons on the jetskis are the worse but there is just as many idiots with boats, and if you don't agree with that when was the last time you spent a little time around the launch ramp.

707dog
05-29-2007, 05:15 PM
shit fellas our lake(lake berryessa) also had the lake lice foks every where but the boyz in blue was jackin there azz'z for everything! no vest on, vest not straped up, 4 peeps on a 3 seater the list goes on, and the topper a youngster rollin around with ya beer between his legs and the vest sitting on the back seat and those where the stoppings that happined right in front of us, so could amagine else where on the lake...its cool it kept the LEO'S busy and away from us!!:D

zudnic
05-29-2007, 05:19 PM
They need a special PWC ticket unit, the total season fines at least equaling the cost of the unit.
Our Sheriff's dept has PWC's this year......

Phat Matt
05-29-2007, 05:28 PM
If you think the pwc riders are bad, what about the, "i just refied my house and bought this 30 foot boat, anybody know how to drive it" crowd. I grew up on flatbottom boats and jet skis, the ones you stand up on. I have both sea-doo's and boat's and know the rules and ride my skies the way i drive my boat and if i wanna fuk around and do stupid tricks there is a place for that, and i will agree the morons on the jetskis are the worse but there is just as many idiots with boats, and if you don't agree with that when was the last time you spent a little time around the launch ramp.
On Sunday 4 of us were running back from Moabi. When I came up on the mini sandbar I slowed down but stayed on plane but my direction was clear. A guy in a big Spectre (I think) turns right in front of me to get to the mini sandbar. I was headed south, he was heading north. There is no way he didn't see me. I came off a plane, and threw my hands in the air. He would have to have waited 15 more seconds to turn behind me.
And before someone jumps my shit, I have many witnesses. :)

pw_Tony
05-29-2007, 05:38 PM
On Sunday 4 of us were running back from Moabi. When I came up on the mini sandbar I slowed down but stayed on plane but my direction was clear. A guy in a big Spectre (I think) turns right in front of me to get to the mini sandbar. I was headed south, he was heading north. There is no way he didn't see me. I came off a plane, and threw my hands in the air. He would have to have waited 15 more seconds to turn behind me.
And before someone jumps my shit, I have many witnesses. :)
Gotta watch out for them Spectra Ass hules haha... if they want to go somewhere they'll get there when they want and how they want!:devil: :devil: :devil:

HokeySon
05-29-2007, 05:53 PM
a big a$$ whomp as a pwc with 2 minors luanch over my wake across my swim step and transom. landing less then 2 feet from the side of my boat, shooting about 10 gallons of water into my boat. i cuaght upto them ripped them a new ahole. and they left as if it was a big inconvence for them. felt as thou i wasted my time.
They cleared your step AND transom with two people ??-- then hooked up with a big roost?? -- That's an awesome jump !!-- no wonder they were disappointed with your reading them the riot act -- they expected a tip or at least a standing ovation. Next time maybe you should show a little appreciation for the show ;)

HavaSkank
05-29-2007, 06:00 PM
They cleared your step AND transom with two people -- then hooked up with a big roost -- That's an awesome jump -- now wonder they were disappointed with your reading them the riot act -- they expected a tip or at least a standing ovation. next time maybe you should show a little appreciation for the show ;)
hehe, I was thinkin' the same thing

Old Man Havasu
05-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Teach my wife to help me trailer the boat PLEASE! :)

Wizard29
05-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Let see... Mojave... Silverwood, thats kinda like a blackjack no brainer...We are up here in Hesperia, I was informed silverwood had the same rules as BBL, 26', but there is no way in hell I would even consider putting my boat in silverwood... super small lake and fockturds everywhere, sheet floating everywhere and for some reason they seem to have a pretty high seasonal drowning rate. We get to Cottonwood a few times a year.. love the dam run.
I was thinking more for testing and run time purposes. Not really for a day of recreation in the traditional sense. Going from here to Elsinore with that thing would be a pain in the ass. Somewhere closer would be nice.
But, if they have a 26' limit, guess I can't go there...

Not So Fast
05-29-2007, 06:58 PM
You will get no argument here:( :D :( :D NSF

malibuken
05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
100% agree. at least do something about the idiots that rent, or to the people that actually allow the idiots to rent!

Pheelin Phroggy
05-29-2007, 07:16 PM
I was thinking more for testing and run time purposes. Not really for a day of recreation in the traditional sense. Going from here to Elsinore with that thing would be a pain in the ass. Somewhere closer would be nice.
But, if they have a 26' limit, guess I can't go there...
I cant go there either.. but if your ever just hanging out for a day, its probably about as fun as any ramp around to watch... steep, long and close enough to LA to get quite a variety of not so skilled "launch and retrievers". We drag ours to Elsinore if we only have a couple of hours to test it, early morning before all the lake lice wake up... anything else.. Mojave is the place, dont seem have much lake lice above Cottonwood.

mdunn01
05-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Wow you take your cole out on Mohave with no splash guard? That just sounds like you're asking to sink...
I stuck too the close shore lines and GA most of the time, didnt venture out and when i did i brought it in when i felt it was too bad out there. Most of the weekend she was parked.

pw_Tony
05-29-2007, 07:23 PM
I stuck too the close shore lines and GA most of the time, didnt venture out and when i did i brought it in when i felt it was too bad out there. Most of the weekend she was parked.
Was cruisin around my pops Hondo Pantera this weekend for the first time breakin her in... I learned the only way to go comfortable on that boat is WOT, awesome hull, had no worries at all. But we do have a splash guard! Floating was the scariest part...

Make it a Double
05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey, You & AJ talked me out of using it to get the attention of the sheriff boat. :D :D

Chipster27
05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Jeez, I'm glad it's only PWC riders that are azzholes and can't share the water. I guess when you buy a boat you no longer do stupid things. I feel smarter already.
While were on the topic I wish people with boats slower than my PWC would get the hell off the lake...damn floating chicanes :D
Here's a plate I saw on my way to Havasu last summer :eek:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p206/Chipster27/DSC00699.jpg
Here come the flames....;) For what it's worth, yes most people riding PWCs have no idea about boating rules/courtesy and most do stupid things; I know of a guy that killed his buddy with a boat by backing over him. Alcohol was a factor.

squirt'nmyload
05-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey, You & AJ talked me out of using it to get the attention of the sheriff boat. :D :D
LMAO...maybe i didn't comprehend that that was an option(jello shots). i would've been all for it!!!:D:D

ultra26shadow
05-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by ShockwaveBob
You know you are so right!! I was at mohave over the Memorial weekend and Saturday was hell!! it took these people w/all their lake lice about 20 minutes just to launch and then after they launch out they park in the launch ramp and wipe down their ski's and I have a 26 ultra with a triple axle trailer and it took me about 3 minutes to load it and get out of their, damn people dont know what their doing and I could say I almost hit about 3 kids on the launch ramp over the weekend

ultra26shadow
05-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Mike
I agree wasnt mohave on Saturday hell It took me almost an hour to get out of their

Chipster27
05-29-2007, 08:43 PM
..it took these people w/all their lake lice about 20 minutes just to launch ...
check out this PWC trailer in Baja Mike's post. How long would it take them :D
% PWC trailer in Dana Point (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152007&highlight=dana+point)

Riverbass
05-30-2007, 04:08 AM
It all comes back to law enforcement.

centerhill condor
05-30-2007, 04:16 AM
that's why we stay off the water memorial day weekend! let some of these folks get hurt, ticketed, and beaten down! things settle a bit for the 4th!