PDA

View Full Version : Pulling kids on a tube in Havasu?? WTF

widowmaker
05-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Pulled out of copper canyon on Saturday afternoon and started heading up towards the channel to come across some guy pulling his kids on a tube in the middle of the channel. As I come closer the guy starts yelling at people that are getting too close WTF. 3 foot chop and a bunch of boats at havasu on memorial weekend. sounds like child endangerment.........

Magic34
05-29-2007, 10:41 PM
It amazes me how stupid some parents are.
Same thing happens at Pleasant. Over 4th of July, they have a huge fireworks show on the Saturday closest to the 4th. It is a HUGE turnout 10s of thousands of people. Big enough that after the show, it is a 4 hour wait to get the boat out of the water at all ramps. There are still lines at the 10 lane ramp at 1 AM.
Anyways, I see people towing their kids in 3' chop in the middle of a major passage way on the lake on that day. I would never do that and cant believe how clueless some people are. It is an accident waiting to happen.

LakeRacer
05-30-2007, 03:34 AM
It amazes me how stupid some parents are.
Same thing happens at Pleasant. Over 4th of July, they have a huge fireworks show on the Saturday closest to the 4th. It is a HUGE turnout 10s of thousands of people. Big enough that after the show, it is a 4 hour wait to get the boat out of the water at all ramps. There are still lines at the 10 lane ramp at 1 AM.
Anyways, I see people towing their kids in 3' chop in the middle of a major passage way on the lake on that day. I would never do that and cant believe how clueless some people are. It is an accident waiting to happen.
Are you talking about the area around the 1702 sign? Common sense seems to be in short supply these days.

framer1
05-30-2007, 04:11 AM
At naci, I always see people pulling kids on tubes in the narrows (5 mph area) they don't seem to realize that it makes their boat anywhere from 50 t0 70 feet long depending on length of the rope. The area to thin for that:idea: Never could figure out how why people don't think of that.

havasu522
05-30-2007, 06:08 AM
Had the exact same thing happen last month when we had the bad winds come though some jack azz pulling kids on a tube in white caps almost zero visability from the sand blowing off the island and if someone had got hurt we all know who's fault it would have been now don't we :confused: :D

NashvilleBound
05-30-2007, 06:13 AM
No brain no pain....they are everywhere. Saturday I had some shmuck almost swipe the front end of my boat with his swim step. I got on my front sponson and as soon as my legs touched his boat(he was watching) I told him and his friends that the last thing they would ever remember would be hitting by boat. He almost hit someone on way out then was gone for the day.... idiot.
BTW: havasu522 thats a beautiful Magic!!

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Yep, gotta agree. Sunday we went down for our annual drive along the Parker Strip and even with the crowded conditions and PWC's everywhere kids were being pulled in various fashion. With all the chop from the many boats and the narrow conditions I dont think you would be able to see a head bobbing in the water whatso ever. NOT SMART!!:( :( NSF

lucky
05-30-2007, 06:27 AM
I like nor cal lakes - never anybody on them :D

Mardonzi
05-30-2007, 06:29 AM
We get the same thing on Powell. Right as you enter the Narrows heading up the main channel near the dam there is an area that you have to do a serpentine in order to miss all the rocks. Add all the houseboats, tour boats, and everyone else in this area it gets real congested, real fast.
And of course, you get the guys tubing thier kids through here. If they do lose a kid, there is no place to make the turn in order to get back to get them.
Darwinism at its best...

Bradman
05-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Talk about stupid. Took this picture of these people going thru the channel on Saturday. Four people on the SeaDoo and one being towed. :eek:
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/DSC03658.jpg?t=1180535210

Ziggy
05-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Talk about stupid. Took this picture of these people going thru the channel on Saturday. Four people on the SeaDoo and one being towed. :eek:
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/DSC03658.jpg?t=1180535210Guy in the tube paid extra to get the phat seat

Not So Fast
05-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Bradman, thats a pretty hefty fine IF THEY WRITE YOU. in this mornings paper the court report had some wake violations posted along with the fines, $390 buckeroos YOWSUR take that, but they dont write enough tickets if you ask me, JMO ;) NSF

steve d
05-30-2007, 07:15 AM
I guess PWC's don't produce (CO).....................:)
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/DSC03658.jpg?t=1180535210

STV_Keith
05-30-2007, 07:24 AM
With all the LE in the channel, how do they NOT write that?

Redwing247
05-30-2007, 07:40 AM
With all the LE in the channel, how do they NOT write that?
They're all looking for the yellow Tige ....:D

little rowe boat
05-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Regardless of where you pull someone on a tube you are damned. If you pull them on the main part of the lake you have people blowing by without any regard for the safety of the peeps on the tube, if you pull them in and out of the coves you get the people on the beaches pissed off and bitching.

Wmc
05-30-2007, 08:33 AM
We were in Parker all weekend and kids were being towed behind boats all weekend. These parents are clueless. Drunk boat drivers, fast boats, scares the crap out of me. We kept the boat on shore mostof the weekend. Enjoyed boat & people watching from the shore.:eek:

Bradman
05-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Bradman, thats a pretty hefty fine IF THEY WRITE YOU. in this mornings paper the court report had some wake violations posted along with the fines, $390 buckeroos YOWSUR take that, but they dont write enough tickets if you ask me, JMO ;) NSF
I don't know if they got caught or not. I lost sight of them as they went under the bridge.

Cole Trickle
05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
We were in Parker all weekend and kids were being towed behind boats all weekend. These parents are clueless. Drunk boat drivers, fast boats, scares the crap out of me. We kept the boat on shore mostof the weekend. Enjoyed boat & people watching from the shore.:eek:
I don't understand it either?
I would never allow my young kids on a jet ski or tube on a weekend like that.
It's nothing new but we avoided atleast 3 incidents with retarded boat or ski drivers.:)

Quest4Fun
05-30-2007, 09:33 AM
The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me!

Trailer Park Casanova
05-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Things can get real ugly real quick on tubes.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812family_stuff_004-med.jpg
I launched our 6 year old on a 25 MPH tube turn, just slingshot'd him across the water in front of the Buckskin Fire station. Had I not been so anal about running safe & in safe conditions & distance, he'd a been hamburger.
It's my responsibility, not others.
We're still astounded how far he flew from the tube.
Crotch straps on kids vests are absof#c#!nlutely essential.
A little kid can easily get launched and fly then skim a long, long way and their vest can easily slip off,, and their bell is rung.