PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance do you start shopping/research for your next boat?

beaverretriever
05-31-2007, 09:35 AM
I am the worst; our new boat is not even here yet and I am already doing research on the next one after that (probably 2 seasons out). We already know what we want.;)
Just curious how far in advance you start doing research and deciding what boat you may want.

MR HARLEY
05-31-2007, 09:37 AM
I just go in and buy the dam thing. :rolleyes:

beaverretriever
05-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Oh, we do that but I already have our next boat already built in my head. Although we are getting one built now, I am already looking for the next one.:eek:

MR HARLEY
05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Oh, we do that but I already have our next boat already built in my head. Although we are getting one built now, I am already looking for the next one.:eek:
What?????

Phat Matt
05-31-2007, 09:46 AM
That is the DCB way of buying boats. :D

beaverretriever
05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
That is the DCB way of buying boats. :D
Yeah, except the boats I buy are Bayliners. :D
LOL, you know what boat I already want...;)

Froggystyle
05-31-2007, 09:58 AM
I think he should... Just do it John!!!
:D

andy01
05-31-2007, 10:01 AM
I have already built and sold my next boat, so now I am on to the next, next boat. I didn't do to bad on the next one, but the next, next boat I hope to do better on. The next one just wouldn't break 130 after a lot of dial in time. I may have my next, next boat up for grabs here before weeks end......... :D
Andy

lucky
05-31-2007, 10:01 AM
I watch the boards and see who is building what and steer them in the direction i want the boat to be built - then i wait - like a pouncing lil spamming kitty

riverracerx
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
36 years.......

76ANTHONY
05-31-2007, 10:24 AM
my last one i spent almost a whole 15 minutes on research and finding it:D :D

beaverretriever
05-31-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't go tire kick but I do look at tons of mags, sites, etc pertaining to the boat.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Danny Badblowns number one boat buying rule is to test run the boat before you buy,, new or used.
That is benchmark.
One of the big Havasu builders was pawning off Northstar Motors on unsuspecting buyers, we heard their tale, it was slick then we started asking around.
The builder was desperate to unload a truckload of Northstars, and suddenly the 496/502 was not an option.
RD's eyes lit up like Coors lite beer cans when we told him the salepitch and he woke us up to go big block or don't consider that model.
Good thing, met some unhappy Northstar owners who fell for the sales nonsense.
Good motor, but way underpowered for the 27 Ft we were interested in.

EmpirE231
05-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Hmm I guess 1 year :D because we're hoping for a winter build near the end of the year, unless some awesome deals are to be had in the used market around that time.
oh.. and anyone planning on unloading their 26 ultras this winter??? :)

Biglue
05-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Try buying used.......took me damn near a year to find what I wanted.
IMHO, I think that buying used is the only way to go. Let some one else take the depreciation ding of the first 2-3 years. Good luck.

RitcheyRch
05-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Took me a few years to find a used one in my price range that wasnt abused.
Try buying used.......took me damn near a year to find what I wanted.

Biglue
05-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Took me a few years to find a used one in my price range that wasnt abused.
Found mine with 32 hours on it and brought it home with 35 after the test drive. Been history and a broke mofo since. :D

RitcheyRch
05-31-2007, 11:24 AM
No clue how many hours are on mine. Only know it lived its life in Havasu and was serviced before bought it from Stoker.
Found mine with 32 hours on it and brought it home with 35 after the test drive. Been history and a broke mofo since. :D

Hotcobra270
05-31-2007, 11:34 AM
The first day I took my boat on the water I started thinking about the next bigger, badder faster one..
Never satisfied.!!

yopengo
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Picked up a boat last Saturday spent five weeks researching it. :D Already thinking about the next one. Maybe another jetÂ…:idea: :D

beaverretriever
05-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Hmm I guess 1 year :D because we're hoping for a winter build near the end of the year, unless some awesome deals are to be had in the used market around that time.
oh.. and anyone planning on unloading their 26 ultras this winter??? :)
What are you waiting for? Do it man!!:D Deals are to be had right now. When am ready for a boat, I buy it. There are soooo many deals out there right now its crazy, new and used.
I think the title to the thread is a little confusing. I meant, if you currently already own a boat, when do you start looking for the next one?

EmpirE231
05-31-2007, 12:56 PM
What are you waiting for? Do it man!!:D Deals are to be had right now. When am ready for a boat, I buy it. There are soooo many deals out there right now its crazy, new and used.
I think the title to the thread is a little confusing. I meant, if you currently already own a boat, when do you start looking for the next one?
100% Re-model of the house is what's holding me back right now :mad: .. and by next season I will have weekends off... so I can put the boat to use:)

Dave C
05-31-2007, 01:13 PM
do you mean fell off by the truck - load ;) ;)...... were they hot to the touch ;)
Danny Badblowns number one boat buying rule is to test run the boat before you buy,, new or used.
That is benchmark.
One of the big Havasu builders was pawning off Northstar Motors on unsuspecting buyers, we heard their tale, it was slick then we started asking around.
The builder was desperate to unload a truckload of Northstars, and suddenly the 496/502 was not an option.
RD's eyes lit up like Coors lite beer cans when we told him the salepitch and he woke us up to go big block or don't consider that model.
Good thing, met some unhappy Northstar owners who fell for the sales nonsense.
Good motor, but way underpowered for the 27 Ft we were interested in.

RiverDave
05-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I've been building my next boat in my head since I was 8... :D
RD

40FlatDeck
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM
I think you are always looking. I'm kicking around something right now, but I just don't know if I could give my boat up. Even if I wanted to sell it, the market is junk for big cats. In a couple years though I would like to add a deckboat to the stable.

Kilrtoy
05-31-2007, 04:18 PM
I am the worst; our new boat is not even here yet and I am already doing research on the next one after that (probably 2 seasons out). We already know what we want.;)
Just curious how far in advance you start doing research and deciding what boat you may want.
What makes you think my boat will be for sale in two years...
hell I maybe in the market this winter