PDA

View Full Version : PDA recommendations

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Anyone have any good leads on a reliable, inexpensive and user friendly PDA? Over the past year have started using a day planner since my memory is short as my d**k. :D :D :D

Troy McClure
06-01-2007, 07:09 PM
I have a Palm Tungsten T you can have for $20 and beer.
I used it about 3 months and ended up buy the Treo (phone and pda).
The model is a couple of years old but its still in the original packaging and I'm pretty sure it has all the parts and books.

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Definitely interested if has all the software. Where are you located?
I have a Palm Tungsten T you can have for $20 and beer.
I used it about 3 months and ended up buy the Treo (phone and pda).
The model is a couple of years old but its still in the original packaging and I'm pretty sure it has all the parts and books.

Troy McClure
06-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm in Costa Mesa. You're welcome to come pick it up if you want it quickly, or I'll mail it to you if you want to pm me your address. I wouldn't be able to mail it out until mid week next week as I have a pretty busy schedule until then.

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Please check to see if you have all the software. I'm in no rush.

Troy McClure
06-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Just checked.
Has the two cd's the quick start guide and the charger and cradle for hooking it to the computer.
There is no large manual in the box but don't think it came with one as there is no more room in there. I'm guessing the owners manual is on the cd, if not I'm sure you can download it from Palm's website.
The unit is in perfect shape, no scratches on it at all. The only thing I would not know about is if the battery would go bad from sitting for a couple of years. I doubt it, but....:confused:
Oh, there is a little leather case in there too.

yopengo
06-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Don't get one. I have had them all and they all suck. Most will do everything but nothing well. My 02 :D

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Sounds like its all there. Am sure the battery will take a charge after sitting for that long. If you dont mind maybe you can try charging it a little to see what it does.
Just checked.
Has the two cd's the quick start guide and the charger and cradle for hooking it to the computer.
There is no large manual in the box but don't think it came with one as there is no more room in there. I'm guessing the owners manual is on the cd, if not I'm sure you can download it from Palm's website.
The unit is in perfect shape, no scratches on it at all. The only thing I would not know about is if the battery would go bad from sitting for a couple of years. I doubt it, but....:confused:
Oh, there is a little leather case in there too.

Troy McClure
06-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Sounds like its all there. Am sure the battery will take a charge after sitting for that long. If you dont mind maybe you can try charging it a little to see what it does.
No problem, I already plugged it in to see. I will charge it overnight to make sure it gets fully charged.
My quote on the battery was more that I would hate to send it to you and the battery fail in three or four months.
I doubt it would but it's something you might want to consider or talk to someone who is familiar with the unit.

Troy McClure
06-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Don't get one. I have had them all and they all suck. Most will do everything but nothing well. My 02 :D
That's true too, they take a while to get used to using.

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 08:11 PM
I e-mailed one of my techie friends to ask him if he knows anything about that particular unit. I wouldnt hold you accountable or post bad comments if the battery died in a few months.
No problem, I already plugged it in to see. I will charge it overnight to make sure it gets fully charged.
My quote on the battery was more that I would hate to send it to you and the battery fail in three or four months.
I doubt it would but it's something you might want to consider or talk to someone who is familiar with the unit.

yopengo
06-01-2007, 08:17 PM
I e-mailed one of my techie friends to ask him if he knows anything about that particular unit. I wouldnt hold you accountable or post bad comments if the battery died in a few months.
That would depend on the amount of beer required to seal the dealÂ… :D :D :D

RitcheyRch
06-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Might be kind of difficult to send beer unless send a gift card from BevMo. :D
That would depend on the amount of beer required to seal the dealÂ… :D :D :D

Troy McClure
06-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Bump for RR.
I tried to get the PDA I was going to send RR to work and it seems the thing is dead.
After promising him I'd send it to him I feel bad everything went South.:(
If anyone else could help him out, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

RitcheyRch
06-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Dont worry about it. Thanks for being honest about it.
Bump for RR.
I tried to get the PDA I was going to send RR to work and it seems the thing is dead.
After promising him I'd send it to him I feel bad everything went South.:(
If anyone else could help him out, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.