PDA

View Full Version : Body found today at Parker....

rvr_d8
06-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Just got off the phone with a friend who is at Parker right now. Says a body of a naked man was pulled out of the water looking very bloated/dead near the dam area. Anyone else hear of anything like that today?

Boatcop
06-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Just got off the phone with a friend who is at Parker right now. Says a body of a naked man was pulled out of the water looking very bloated/dead near the dam area. Anyone else hear of anything like that today?
I've had the scanner on all day and have't heard anythng like that. If my Dept was involved in it, I would have been called.

Quest4Fun
06-02-2007, 08:36 PM
If Boat Cop doesn't know about this, it must be false information...would be interesting to know for sure. :idea:

76ANTHONY
06-02-2007, 08:43 PM
awwhahaha, everyone describes me like that, nope i was in torrance today:D

djunkie
06-02-2007, 08:46 PM
awwhahaha, everyone describes me like that, nope i was in torrance today:D
Torrance? I thought I smelled something foul around here. :D :D

hotsand65
06-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Saw a dead guy at a bus stop today hand still holding on to his shopping cart going into the Newport Peninsula, extremely sad. It is just so sad to see something like that.

76ANTHONY
06-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Torrance? I thought I smelled something foul around here. :D :D
biatch your lucky i didnt have your number. and yeah shorty saw the san pedro sign and said, doesnt that djunkie guy live out here??:D

djunkie
06-02-2007, 08:49 PM
biatch your lucky i didnt have your number. and yeah shorty saw the san pedro sign and said, doesnt that djunkie guy live out here??:D
I'm sure if you called around you could have got my number. I've been home most of the day.

MudPumper
06-02-2007, 08:52 PM
They said they saw the rescue and cops fly by and saw the body being given cpr around noon. Hmmmmmm...... ? Well if you didn't hear anything than I guess he was ok? no?
When dead/bloated/naked bodies are pulled from the water they arent given CPR.:idea:

76ANTHONY
06-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm sure if you called around you could have got my number. I've been home most of the day.
get used to it u-haulman:D

Beautiful Noise
06-02-2007, 11:41 PM
nope i was in torrance today:D
No wonder the Helicopters were Flying around :rolleyes: :D :D

squirt'nmyload
06-02-2007, 11:57 PM
drove through parker around 9.30-10pm and the ol lady said she saw lights flashing on the river:confused: :confused:

76ANTHONY
06-03-2007, 12:10 AM
No wonder the Helicopters were Flying around :rolleyes: :D :D
yeah they tried ta scare me by doing a fly-by....you know how us methheads are, all paranoid and shiat, but it was ok the choppers where not all black:jawdrop: :D :D

rvr_d8
06-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Boatcop says he heard nothing, my friends are sticking to their story of what they saw from a slight distance, so I know nothing......I'm just asking the question for my friends in Parker, to see what anyone else might know.
Sad though.....Parker has been the talk of several accidents on and off the water since I've been on here (for just a few weeks).
That's where I started out as a River rat from High school with all my friends until about 6 years ago. Now we are up Needles/BHC way. We have had our share of accidents as well.....just doesn't seem to be as many in such a short time period.
People need to use alot of common sense and watch out for others who don't! Just my motherly advice;)
Have a good and safe Sunday:)

bigq
06-03-2007, 08:12 AM
When dead/bloated/naked bodies are pulled from the water they arent given CPR.:idea:
Maybe its a fetish?:eek:

Pheelin Phroggy
06-03-2007, 08:14 AM
maybe they where putting the guy in the river?:D
ha.....lol

mbrown2
06-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Boatcop,
You need a new scanner or your boys need new batteries in their radio; I came here thinking you would have the 411 on this. Our friends from LA County Fire jumped off our friends boat to perform CPR and help with the incident.
Unfortunately, it appeared to be a heart-attack victim while jet skiing, and never recovered from the recovery activities.
Buckskin Fire and La Paz Sheriff did arrive on scene and also assisted in the recovery activities.

rvr_d8
06-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Boatcop,
You need a new scanner or your boys need new batteries in their radio as our friends from LA County Fire jumped off our friends boat to perform CPR and help with the incident.
Unfortunately, it appeared to be a heart-attack victim while jet skiing, and never recovered from the recovery activities.
Buckskin Fire and La Paz Sheriff did arrive on scene and also assisted in the recovery activities.
Thank you very much for the info. I'll tell my friends they were concerned.....and were not drinking!

burtandnancy2
06-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Is it true that most male drowning victims are found with their fly unzipped???

Riverguy92345
06-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Hey..Shit happens at Parker. Thats why we go.Just glad no one else was hurt.I hope when my times comes, i die floating down the river.Just spread my ashes on the water, and have a roadraper for me.

Ike
06-03-2007, 08:59 AM
There is a study buried somewhere in the National Archives, that was done by the Coast Guard back in the 70's that showed that many male drowning victims were found with their fly unzipped. The scenario was thus. Most were out fishing, had a few too many beers, went to the back of the boat to pee, and fell in. Due to sudden immersion syndrome they never surfaced. None of the old saw about coming up three time etc. They just go under and stay under. How much that applies 30 some years later I don't know. Maybe someone should get a Coast Guard grant to do another study. They can go around looking for guys that are trolling.

burtandnancy2
06-03-2007, 09:01 AM
I think it starts with fishermen, taking a leak over the side, then either falling in or tipping the boat over. There is some truth to this, just wondering if someone like Boatcop agrees with the theory...

BoatPI
06-03-2007, 09:55 AM
They did find a floater south of Bullhead.

H20Advantage
06-03-2007, 10:08 AM
What's the theory behind that?
Snorkel...:D

MudPumper
06-03-2007, 10:25 AM
What's the theory behind that?
Throwing out their own rescue line.......????:D

Classic Daycruiser
06-03-2007, 10:40 AM
OK, I'm confused now. Jet skier (apparently not wearing a life vest) had a heart attack and sunk beneath the parker Dam, and floated up stream to bullhead city?????:idea: :idea: :idea:

BoatPI
06-03-2007, 11:20 AM
two different issues. they death is Bullhead sounds like a poor swimmer that ate it.

Her454
06-03-2007, 11:34 AM
two different issues. they death is Bullhead sounds like a poor swimmer that ate it.
Either way, we need to take up a collection for a new police scanner. :D

Riverkid
06-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Classic. :D

Boatcop
06-03-2007, 06:52 PM
It probably happened when I was out doing yard work. The Mrs. doesn't pay any attention to it. If it was a heart attck, it would go down as a medical aid, and my guys wouldn't bother me with it.

HOSS
06-03-2007, 06:59 PM
naked jetskiers,,,hmmmmmmmmm

TAF
06-04-2007, 06:04 AM
naked jetskiers,,,hmmmmmmmmm
Naked males and look who chimes in, this thread and the last poster should be in Benchracers, ehh?
Fags!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Her454
06-04-2007, 06:31 AM
It probably happened when I was out doing yard work. The Mrs. doesn't pay any attention to it. If it was a heart attck, it would go down as a medical aid, and my guys wouldn't bother me with it.
Its ok Alan, no need to blame it on the Mrs ;) ..... we still love ya. :D :D

dumbandyoung
06-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Hey..Shit happens at Parker. Thats why we go.Just glad no one else was hurt.I hope when my times comes, i die floating down the river.Just spread my ashes on the water, and have a roadraper for me.
When my time comes I hope Im up river. That way I can float down to sandbar and scare the shit out of some people. :D

RiverDave
06-04-2007, 08:56 AM
I saw an old guy riding a Sea Doo around with no life jacket when I was putting Stacy's boat on the trailer. I wonder if it's the same guy?
RD

mbrown2
06-04-2007, 09:19 AM
I saw an old guy riding a Sea Doo around with no life jacket when I was putting Stacy's boat on the trailer. I wonder if it's the same guy?
RD
No..the guy was wearing a life vest.... It was up near the dam; they were riding along he told his wife he was not feeling well so they headed towards shore, and then he lost consciousness as he came towards shore. A couple of folks pulled him in and that is when one of our friends jumped off the boat and started helping perform CPR...Not sure how he lost his shorts in the transition from jet ski to launch ramp.
It was absolutely devastating to watch them try to revive him and watch his wife/significant other standing by....like others have said though, there is no better place I would rather spend my last days then on the water.

Devilman
06-04-2007, 09:25 AM
When my time comes I hope Im up river. That way I can float down to sandbar and scare the shit out of some people. :D
F*ckin LMAO! http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10158lmao.gif http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10158lmao.gif http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10158lmao.gif

pixilatedpussy
06-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Boatcop says he heard nothing, my friends are sticking to their story of what they saw from a slight distance, so I know nothing......I'm just asking the question for my friends in Parker, to see what anyone else might know.
Sad though.....Parker has been the talk of several accidents on and off the water since I've been on here (for just a few weeks).
That's where I started out as a River rat from High school with all my friends until about 6 years ago. Now we are up Needles/BHC way. We have had our share of accidents as well.....just doesn't seem to be as many in such a short time period.
People need to use alot of common sense and watch out for others who don't! Just my motherly advice;)
Have a good and safe Sunday:)
Parker hasnt changed a bit. Thats why we also have moved up river to hang now. We decided that Parker isnt a very safe place to take the kids about 7 years ago.;)

pixilatedpussy
06-04-2007, 09:29 AM
No..the guy was wearing a life vest.... It was up near the dam; they were riding along he told his wife he was not feeling well so they headed towards shore, and then he lost consciousness as he came towards shore. A couple of folks pulled him in and that is when one of our friends jumped off the boat and started helping perform CPR...Not sure how he lost his shorts in the transition from jet ski to launch ramp.
It was absolutely devastating to watch them try to revive him and watch his wife/significant other standing by....like others have said though, there is no better place I would rather spend my last days then on the water.
:( Very sad:(

OCMerrill
06-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Many years ago we pulled a jet skier onto the deck of my boat and tried desperately to revive him. Accident that nobody saw. We motored by and saw the guy floating. The only way we knew it was an accident is the Jet Ski was in pieces. Apparently he had hit the island rock at Buckskin I guess.
Very sad deal. Hard to forget and that was 20+ years ago.
I feel for every one involved.