PDA

View Full Version : "classic" car what's it worth??????

YeLLowBoaT
02-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I am looking at a 68-69 fiat 124 convertable spyeder. It has new top, motor and trans just rebuilt, new tires, new coveratble top..... Runs like a top.
Anyways I was wondering what somthing like that would be worth.
I have a older female Client whos husband of 42 years died a few months ago... Who very baddly needs some stuff done.... only prob is she has almost No money. So she was wondering if She were to sign over the car to me would I do the work. I normally would NOT take a trade for somthing like this, but She is a very nice lady......
the work would only come out to about a grand and take about 2- 3 days. So if I can sell it for more then that I will take the job.

76ANTHONY
02-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I am looking at a 68-69 fiat 124 convertable spyeder. It has new top, motor and trans just rebuilt, new tires, new coveratble top..... Runs like a top.
Anyways I was wondering what somthing like that would be worth.
I have a older female Client whos husband of 42 years died a few months ago... Who very baddly needs some stuff done.... only prob is she has almost No money. So she was wondering if She were to sign over the car to me would I do the work. I normally would NOT take a trade for somthing like this, but She is a very nice lady......
the work would only come out to about a grand and take about 2- 3 days. So if I can sell it for more then that I will take the job.
look on ebay, and car trader, that might be in classic car trader, kinda cool little car for cruisin....yes its worth more than a grand...

Floored
02-12-2006, 06:34 PM
fun little cars. Fix It Again Tony. prob get 2k+ for it.

mickeyfinn
02-12-2006, 07:35 PM
I collect these cars. I live in Nigeria. I was attempting to buy two cars from a gentleman in another part of your country and for some reason he decided not to go through with the sale. I will offer you 2500.00 for the car. I will send you the cashiers check I was going to send him. If you will deduct the 2500.00 for the car and another 250.00 for the extra time and expense and send me the remaining amount I will arrange to have my shipper pick up the car and have it delivered to me here in my home.
:) :) :)
Oh I guess I forgot to use the broken english and the accent. Does this mean I shouldn't send you the check?
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

BADASS38CHEVY
02-12-2006, 08:18 PM
I use these guys.http://www.autoappraisal.com/

phebus
02-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I collect these cars. I live in Nigeria. I was attempting to buy two cars from a gentleman in another part of your country and for some reason he decided not to go through with the sale. I will offer you 2500.00 for the car. I will send you the cashiers check I was going to send him. If you will deduct the 2500.00 for the car and another 250.00 for the extra time and expense and send me the remaining amount I will arrange to have my shipper pick up the car and have it delivered to me here in my home.
:) :) :)
Oh I guess I forgot to use the broken english and the accent. Does this mean I shouldn't send you the check?
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
Very nice :rollside:

76ANTHONY
02-12-2006, 08:48 PM
I use these guys.http://www.autoappraisal.com/
hey BA how ya been, havent talked to you in a while, hows everything, hows summer doing?? i cant wait to see that boat..

H20Advantage
02-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Check the body underneath. I had one in the late 70's and they did not have a conventional frame like most vehicles. everthing is attached to the body of the car. If there is any rust underneath there could be some real problems.
I hit a large pothole and caused some major problems in mine. Otherwise they are a fun little car.

NorCal Gameshow
02-12-2006, 10:54 PM
YB, it's worth, what someone will pay for it ;)...
rust is a concern with those. if it's clean and runs, it's worth atleast a grand.

BADASS38CHEVY
02-12-2006, 11:03 PM
hey BA how ya been, havent talked to you in a while, hows everything, hows summer doing?? i cant wait to see that boat..
Hey, everthing is great.Hows thing with you?We will be at the river house this thursday in Parker.We will be in Havi this saturday for the fireworks show and also the Red Room for Phat Matt's B-Day party,will you be there? The boat is in the centerfold of this months Family Boating and Performance magazine,check it out.Good write up on it.

boxscore
02-13-2006, 05:22 AM
I once had an '82 Spider 2000. Those Farina designs were the shiot...pure Italy. Wish I never got rid of it.

ThongMagnet
02-19-2006, 08:57 PM
This is a good car to put on ebay. Only a couple dozen would be interested in a 1000 mile radius, and your local area might only have 1 or 2 at best that would pay $2500 for that car. On ebay you might get those two from your area and 1 or 2 more bidding on your $2500 car, but because this is a rare car to find on any given day, it might be worth $4200 to the guy that has to have that car. I sold a suburban on Ebay (1983) and got $3100. If I sold it through Auto Trader I might have got $2400, and waited 3-6 weeks to do that.
Ebay is a hit and miss market, but if you have reasonable expections for a car valued belowed $5000, I'd use Ebay with a rock bottom reserve. :)

Tahiti350
02-19-2006, 09:59 PM
And if you were really cool you'd split any profit you made on the car with the "little old lady with no money". Remember it's all about Karma Points....