PDA

View Full Version : Need a good moving company

caroftheweek
06-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Well it looks like we will be moving to Prescott in the next couple months. What moving company should i use? i have heard horror stories about most of them. any info is appreciated.
Thanks, Ryan

Singleton
06-03-2007, 02:55 PM
My parents just moved out of Prescott. Let me get the guys they used, very good.

caroftheweek
06-03-2007, 02:57 PM
My parents just moved out of Prescott. Let me get the guys they used, very good.
Why did they leave?
Thanks for the info.

Havasu1986
06-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Why did they leave?
Thanks for the info/
They heard you were moving there. :eek: :D J/k

fundeck24
06-03-2007, 03:00 PM
I work for King Relocation in Santa Fe Springs, CA. Call (800) 854-3679, enter 0 for the operator and ask her to connect you with Christine. Tell Christine that Gary H. referred you. We have great crews and are agents for United Van Lines.

caroftheweek
06-03-2007, 03:06 PM
They heard you were moving there. :eek: :D J/k
you are probably right:D
i just can't wait to run the Rhino around town:D :D :D

Havasu1986
06-03-2007, 03:08 PM
you are probably right:D
i just can't wait to run the Rhino around town:D :D :D
Where is Rancho Belago?

caroftheweek
06-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Where is Rancho Belago?
hehehee. it is the east side of Moreno Valley. they just changed the name of our zip code 92555 to Rancho Belago.
I don't care what you name it, it is still Moreno Valley and the people are still the same. GHETTO...

Havasu1986
06-03-2007, 03:15 PM
hehehee. it is the east side of Moreno Valley. they just changed the name of our zip code 92555 to Rancho Belago.
I don't care what you name it, it is still Moreno Valley and the people are still the same. GHETTO...
I played in a golf tourney at M.V.C.C. a couple weeks ago. It was the 1st time I seen grafitti on the BACK of a house on the golf course. :jawdrop:

caroftheweek
06-03-2007, 03:19 PM
I played in a golf tourney at M.V.C.C. a couple weeks ago. It was the 1st time I seen grafitti on the BACK of a house on the golf course. :jawdrop:
Welcome to Rancho Belago...:rolleyes:

Havasu1986
06-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Welcome to Rancho Belago...:rolleyes:
No wonder your moving. :)

Magic34
06-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Call me. We own 2 Allied Van Lines agencies. If I cant get you taken care of, I can help make sure you make the right decsion with someone else. :)

GETSOME
06-03-2007, 03:42 PM
What moving? For sure?

Not So Fast
06-03-2007, 03:45 PM
We have used a van line twice in our lives and both times were horrible experiences. I'm sure there are good ones out there but we sure as hell didnt have them:( Good luck!!! NSF

Magic34
06-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh... and DONT use the lowest bidder. It wont be the lowest once your stuff arrives.
Pay for FULL VALUATION as well. For $100,000 coverage, it should cost you about $800 on 15,000# or so. GET IT!!!!!

burbanite
06-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Do NOT under any circumstances use BEKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Industry is like a lot of others, full of outside contractors, no-one actually cares about your stuff, will not take any kind of responsibility, (read the contracts, you have to basically except that if anything is missing or broken then it is your fault).
Just been through the most horrendous experience moving to CT, bastards left half of our belongings behind and it was only with physical threats that they sent a whole other truck. I am still missing about $8000 worth of stuff and the things that did eventually make it I am still trying to have either replaced or repaired to the tune of another $4000. Pretty F-ed up when you consider that the cost to move the lot was $6000...:mad:

Magic34
06-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Do NOT under any circumstances use BEKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Industry is like a lot of others, full of outside contractors, no-one actually cares about your stuff, will not take any kind of responsibility, (read the contracts, you have to basically except that if anything is missing or broken then it is your fault).
If you pack yourself and something in a box breaks, who do you expect to cover it?
You need to make sure everything is accuted for in inventory.
There are companies that do it right.

Singleton
06-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Why did they leave?
Thanks for the info.
They decided to build their dream summer home on Lake Minocqua WI before they got to old, 60 miles from the lake cabin I own on Lake Lucerne in Crandon WI. It is a great house on one of the largest lakes in northern Wisconsin. Just walk out the door 75 feet and you are on your dock lowering the boat into the water.
Now I am trying to get them to build a winter home in Havi, so I can use it in the summer.

Ivan Dan
06-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Well it looks like we will be moving to Prescott in the next couple months. What moving company should i use? i have heard horror stories about most of them. any info is appreciated.
Thanks, Ryan
So no luck on Friday huh?

Prop Rod
06-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Ryan
Welcome!!
Where about's did you decide on?

burbanite
06-03-2007, 07:31 PM
If you pack yourself and something in a box breaks, who do you expect to cover it?
You need to make sure everything is accuted for in inventory.
There are companies that do it right.
Didn't pack one teaspoon ourselves. Inventory isn't worth a crap when it never turns up, or is broken beyond repair, or they refuse to acknowledge your existence when making a claim, or when they flat out refuse to co-operate with the ins co's investigation, or when they lie to you at each and every turn, or when they verbally abuse you over the phone.
****ers even went back into the house after we left and had a party leaving cigarette butts all over the floor and ruined the pool table they didn't ship in the first place. Mofos didn't realise that my father in law was moving in to the house right after we left and he nailed them.
Thank God I drove a truck out myself with most of our valuables, tools and all of my guns, I'd hate to think of the havoc that would have resulted from leaving those things with the crack heads that call themselves movers.
Believe me, this was and still is a frigging nightmare. I am no newbie at this either, I have moved COUNTRIES five times without even a glass being broken and these pieces of shit went out of their way to **** my shit up. I have a plan for them...
As I stated above, I have done this many a time and you are correct, there are companies that do it right. Bekins just isn't one of them.
My 02 cents...

caroftheweek
06-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the replies. just got back from dinner.

caroftheweek
06-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Welcome!!
Where about's did you decide on?
We still don't know. we need to get the business running before we buy our "big, nice" house. we were going to rent for a while then i found these really nice 1800-2200 sqft homes in Chino Valley for ~$210k. we could buy one of those and pay less for a mortgage than we would rent. so i think that is what we are going to do. time will tell.:)

caroftheweek
06-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Call me. We own 2 Allied Van Lines agencies. If I cant get you taken care of, I can help make sure you make the right decsion with someone else. :)
When you get a chance, shoot me a PM with your number and the info i need before i call. Thanks Michael.

Magic34
06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
We still don't know. we need to get the business running before we buy our "big, nice" house. we were going to rent for a while then i found these really nice 1800-2200 sqft homes in Chino Valley for ~$210k. we could buy one of those and pay less for a mortgage than we would rent. so i think that is what we are going to do. time will tell.:)
Good memories at Chino Valley for me. For some reason, I could hit the ball really far at their park in baseball touneys when I was younger. It is only 10-15 mintues from Prescott.

Magic34
06-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Didn't pack one teaspoon ourselves. Inventory isn't worth a crap when it never turns up, or is broken beyond repair, or they refuse to acknowledge your existence when making a claim, or when they flat out refuse to co-operate with the ins co's investigation, or when they lie to you at each and every turn, or when they verbally abuse you over the phone.
****ers even went back into the house after we left and had a party leaving cigarette butts all over the floor and ruined the pool table they didn't ship in the first place. Mofos didn't realise that my father in law was moving in to the house right after we left and he nailed them.
Thank God I drove a truck out myself with most of our valuables, tools and all of my guns, I'd hate to think of the havoc that would have resulted from leaving those things with the crack heads that call themselves movers.
Believe me, this was and still is a frigging nightmare. I am no newbie at this either, I have moved COUNTRIES five times without even a glass being broken and these pieces of shit went out of their way to **** my shit up. I have a plan for them...
As I stated above, I have done this many a time and you are correct, there are companies that do it right. Bekins just isn't one of them.
My 02 cents...
Yeah, that sounded horrible.
I was actually going to take over the moving companies but as i worked there my senior year of college and for 2 years after, I realized dealing with employees just as you described is not what I wanted.
The moving biz we have is actually very strict. We have one of the highest rated fleets in all of Allied. Last year, our top driver won driver of the year for Allied. He beat out over 2500 other drivers in customer satisfaction, on time delivery, and lowest claims in the entire system.
A lot of times, freight drivers think that they can make it in the mving biz. They cant and you get situations as you had happen. The excellent moving drivers can make $250k+/year.

topless
06-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Please, Please, Please!!! go towww.labbb.org (Better Business Bureau) to check on any moving company you are thinking about using first. Look for BBB members who have a least a B rating or send me a PM. Moving companies will shut their doors after ripping people off and then get cousin Aziramar Yashinariz to open a new one and do the same scam again. Please be careful. There are reputable ones out there but you have to look. Also make sure they have been in business for a couple years at least.

RitcheyRch
06-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Thats excellent advise and actually will use it when move sometime next year.
THE VERY FIRST THING you do is take a video of everything. I don't mean a quick run through the house, I mean detailed shots of everything that can be damaged or "lost in transit". All glass items, mirrors, lamps, Tv's, etc. Then a detailed inventory with notations of any prior damage. Any high value items that you can possibly move yourself-DO IT! Jewelry, guns, tools, documents, etc.
Keep in mind that for every good, careful, honest household mover there is a clown that doesn't give a f*ck and for every good customer there is a scammer that will file enough fraudulent clains just to get his move for free. It works both ways so just CYA.
Good luck,
Rio