PDA

View Full Version : Dog sitting

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-03-2007, 03:07 PM
So, we're getting ready to leave for Wyoming/Montana for 3 weeks and I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with my male lab. The female is going with us, but the male does not interact well with other male dogs because he hasn't been "altered" :D, so we aren't taking him. In addition, he doesn't ride in cars well; he won't sit still and it makes me insane.
So I'm looking for kennels in the area and they charge $60-$80 a night for "doggy camp." I don't want my dog to go to a "doggy camp", I just want someone to feed, water and clean up after him once a day. Anyone have any recommendations for a reasonable kennel?

H20Advantage
06-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Don'r now anyone but have you looked at pet sitters that come to your home? Less taumatic for the pooch.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SUNA&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=dog+sitter,+menifee+ca&spell=1

photo chick
06-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I have a pet sitter, my little ones are extremely spoiled! She comes and lives here while I'm gone. She even lets them sleep in the bed with her. It's only $45 a night, cheap compared to a kennel. I found her on the same link below 3 years ago. Too bad we're in Dallas else i'd recommend her! I just made sure she was bonded and then we interviewed several people.....She's now become one of my friends!
good luck!:D

Jbb
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I have a pet sitter, my little ones are extremely spoiled! She comes and lives here while I'm gone. She even lets them sleep in the bed with her. It's only $45 a night, cheap compared to a kennel. I found her on the same link below 3 years ago. Too bad we're in Dallas else i'd recommend her! I just made sure she was bonded and then we interviewed several people.....She's now become one of my friends!
good luck!:D
Fraternizing.....with the hired help.....:p

photo chick
06-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Fraternizing.....with the hired help.....:p
How else am I gonna have friends here?:jawdrop: :)

NdaWind
06-03-2007, 04:41 PM
We had the same problem with all the doogy camps here or overbooked kennels. I found one kennel out in Hemet area that seems to be available since they are kind of out of the way. However we did find a GREAT pet sitter that comes to our house twice a day while we are gone. I think she will do Menfiee as well. I think she charges $13 a visit and even will get your mail for you. PM me if thats what your looking for.

Caribbean Jet
06-03-2007, 05:38 PM
There is a great place in Temecula, I believe that its on a ranch.
Bow Wow Temecula
Camp Bow Wow Temecula
42192 Sarah Way
Temecula, CA 92590
Phone: (951) 587-2267 (CAMP)

Tremor Girl
06-03-2007, 05:56 PM
This place is awesome!!
Probably a little far for you but very nice. I'm not sure if they'll take an unaltered male or not.
Watch the video. Very cool:D
http://thedogranch.com/default.htm

al03sc
06-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Yorba Linda has a facility that's pretty cool. They have kennels using the normal kennel with run type of set up. And they also have themed rooms/suites with an actual bed (about 4' x 4'), flat panel TV, camera (so you can log on and check on you pet), and the rooms are decorated.
Here is the link: http://www.yorbaregionalvets.com/

Lightning
06-04-2007, 08:21 AM
I think Frenchie has an opening...
It was only a matter of time......
2 years later, and the same jokes still make people laugh.

Mrs. casean
06-04-2007, 10:20 AM
This place is awesome!!
Probably a little far for you but very nice. I'm not sure if they'll take an unaltered male or not.
Watch the video. Very cool:D
http://thedogranch.com/default.htm
That looks like such a fun place for dogs! I'd take Lacey there if it were closer. Looks like they offer a lot. There's a couple places around here. One in Temecula and one in Winchester. Here's one http://data.gointranet.com/cgi-bin/unitloc/cbw/locator.cgi?cpage=main.html&cu=tsassone&cl=Temecula
and the other
http://www.passion4pets.com/

lucky
06-04-2007, 11:33 AM
So, we're getting ready to leave for Wyoming/Montana for 3 weeks and I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with my male lab. The female is going with us, but the male does not interact well with other male dogs because he hasn't been "altered" :D, so we aren't taking him. In addition, he doesn't ride in cars well; he won't sit still and it makes me insane.
So I'm looking for kennels in the area and they charge $60-$80 a night for "doggy camp." I don't want my dog to go to a "doggy camp", I just want someone to feed, water and clean up after him once a day. Anyone have any recommendations for a reasonable kennel?
Puttin the dog in Jail - while you go and trek across the country !!! I'm ashamed :D Hope you guys have Fun !!! If i was around Menifee you could drop the dog off at my house ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-04-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm gonna have to see if they neighbor's ranch hand can just come over and feed him. I don't want to spend $1200 to have someone take care of the dog. It costs more than babysitting a child! Seriously, what's fulltime childcare these days? 5 years ago I was paying $85/week, so I assume it's probably gone up to about $125? The dog care is about $250-$350/week!
Thanks for all your responses. I'm headed to the neighbors right now :)
At least at Frenchie's house, he'd have a good time. Especially with those two female dobies he has :D

Silver
06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
I will pet sit here at my house! Home all day and Dave is home at night. Dog park here and lots of love! What dates?
PM me.

Rexone
06-04-2007, 06:19 PM
I've had excellent luck with great pet sitters in my area. I'd highly recommend it over a kennel, which I did many times years ago. Fees lately have been around $15-$16 a visit which included multiple dogs in my case. It's much easier on the dog(s) imo if they're at home in their own environment. If anyone needs pet sitter in the Claremont to Rancho area I can give you a great reference.

Ziggy
06-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Any luck yet Angie?