PDA

View Full Version : Boat Leasing??

Darrell's Bro
06-04-2007, 07:57 AM
I recently saw a thread about boat ownership vs. financing. With so many people financing boats and boats depreciating so rapidly, I'm surprised that lenders haven't instituted boat leasing. When you consider that more new cars are leased than sold, it seams that boat leasing would have a natural market.
Has anyone ever heard of boat leasing? It seams like an untapped market...

TOBTEK
06-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Bombardier SeaDoo tried this a few years ago. I have allways thought this would be a great idea.

OSidePat
06-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Hi Performance Boats dont hold there value.....and they tend to use all that horse power ! The risk is way to hi for banks

TOBTEK
06-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi Performance Boats dont hold there value.....and they tend to use all that horse power ! The risk is way to hi for banks
your right about that, I forgot that the bank is the legal owner on leased items.

Darrell's Bro
06-04-2007, 08:14 AM
But it seams that they could consider all that and pile it into the lease cost. It still seams like the monthly outlay would ultimatly be less for most people who would otherwise finance their boat.

dirty old man
06-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Look into fractional ownership. getting very popular

RiverOtter
06-04-2007, 08:45 AM
How bout a boatine club............ "They own the boats, You own the memories (http://www.legacyboatingclub.com/) " :idea:

acatitude
06-04-2007, 08:49 AM
YOu can lease my Howard by the day, month or year..... Its 80k for any option......... :D :D