PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead launch ramps...are people really that retarded?

STV_Keith
06-04-2007, 09:47 AM
<RANT ON>
WTF is going on here? Took 20 minutes to launch and almost an hour to retrieve yesterday at Cauville Bay Marina. Now, there are 3 lanes open, possbily 4 if you wanted to squeeze them in.
By the time I got to the bottom of the ramp at 7pm, it was real comedy. The guy in front of me decided (or didn't decide) not to use all 3 lanes...so here we are sitting there with 2 trucks/trailers in the water, one full lane open and he's not doing anything. So I roll up next to him and ask him if he's going to use the open lane. He reluctantly pulls out, then sits on the ramp waiting for one of the other trucks to pull out!
Once he's finally in the water, I pull into the other open lane, go around the dock and get my boat (doing it alone), load and pull out while he and the truck before him are STILL not even loaded. I pull my truck up, get in DaddyMack's truck and load him and THEY ARE STILL NOT out of the water!
Wow, what a clusterf.uck!
And what are people thinking...if there are 3 lanes open and you launch your boat, don't tie up to the dock blocking one of those 3 lanes!
<RANT OFF>

wsuwrhr
06-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad day at the lake. I love Cauville, I guess I should be happy the houseboat is in a slip.
They have a HUGE ramp too. Wow.
Brian

OCMerrill
06-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Freaking Ramps.
This is the ONLY boating negative unless your at site 6 taking pictures.:D

x7734x
06-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Go to lake mead marina. They fixed all the ramps there and its never more than a 10 minute wait either unloading or loading. 4-5 can launch/retrieve on both sides of the dock.

vegasriverjunkie
06-04-2007, 10:35 AM
I was there Saturday at Lake Mead Marina also and had no problems or a long wait. I did have to leave my boat at the courtesy dock to launch and retrieve though. :D Only because I had my kids with me and had to do everything myself. Although it seems I'm much faster than most when people do have that extra person to either drive the boat or tow vehicle.;)

beaverretriever
06-04-2007, 10:40 AM
STV Keith.
We saw you running around yesterday. Love the sound of those whackers. Our OB boat will be done in about 3 months.
We were in the blue and white Ultra Jet. We launched at Lake Mead Marina and were dropped in with about a 10-12 min wait, and retrieved about 4:30 with no wait at all.
Sorry about the crap at Caulville.

RiverOtter
06-04-2007, 10:58 AM
I think most people are challanged at most launch ramps. I rarely tow my boat cause its dry stored but when I do I sure have some fun :D . Never fails ..... Some ham and egger is always right in the middle of the friggin ramp. So, I come blowing in with my rig, aim, and start backing up (no windows down and only using the mirrors just for effect :devil: ). You should see these guys scramble as I thread the needle :D

Racey
06-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Lake Mead sucks, the ramps are a nightmare, that actually sounds like a pretty easy experience you had! Everyone stay down in havasu it's way easier and nicer down there :D :D :D :D

STV_Keith
06-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad day at the lake. I love Caulville, I guess I should be happy the houseboat is in a slip.
They have a HUGE ramp too. Wow.
Brian
Definitely wasn't a bad day at the lake. Had a great day other than the wait for the idiots at the ramp. The ramp used to be 6-8 lanes wide, but they have the whole South tide torn up. Down to 3 lanes now.
I did have to leave my boat at the courtesy dock to launch and retrieve though.
Thought we saw you in Wishing Well on Sunday, but turned out to be 1 SIC BUCKET. Very similar gel schemes. If you're talking the courtesy dock adjacent to the launch ramp, that's a no-no. I putted over to the dock that borders the walkway to the houseboats and slips. The dock next to the ramp blocks the first lane if you park your boat there. I know what you mean, I usually do all of it by myself too, regardless of what boat I have out.
We were in the blue and white Ultra Jet.
Should have come by and said Hi. IIRC, I saw that boat putting around at little Sandy early afternoon? DaddyMack and I were even discussing it as it went by.

DaddyMack
06-04-2007, 06:19 PM
STV Keith.
We saw you running around yesterday. Love the sound of those whackers. Our OB boat will be done in about 3 months.
We were in the blue and white Ultra Jet. We launched at Lake Mead Marina and were dropped in with about a 10-12 min wait, and retrieved about 4:30 with no wait at all.
Sorry about the crap at Caulville.
Sorry we didn't meet up with you! Me/Jen/Kids hung with keith all day.... we met up with some HBer's in Wishing Well. What a great day! Except for the loading crap at the end of the day....
Thanks keith for the back in :) Jen wants to get better at it, but yesterday was not the day..lol...
Did meet Capt. D and said Hi breifly to 1 sic bucket... a couple others were there that Capt D introduced us to.. but don't rememeber everyone... it was nice to meet y'all!

RCB19
06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Every Launch ramp has retarded people at them. I don't care where you are at but I guarantee that you will witness at least one incident every time. Question is??? Have any of us ever been that tard???

jag2
06-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Only good thing at Callville anymore is the bar, and it even sucks since you have to hike up cardiac hill if your in the boat :sqeyes:
When I was a kid it used to be such a nice place.
Edit: one other good thing the road out there is awsome for a sportbike ride.