PDA

View Full Version : EMI Thunder Headers

Wizard29
06-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Looking at the EMI Thunder header package for my 496HO. They seem to be the most reasonably priced ($2100) out of what I see out there.
Any opinions good or bad on the headers themselves?

Hotcobra270
06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
do a search for recent header post.
for a bit more cash you can get the DANAS and have a much easier time with the install and not have to worry about relocating anything..
good luck

brad22
06-04-2007, 02:27 PM
NO info on them. But I know they are not headers. They are a manifold system. :) From what I have seen you get what you paid for. Danas or Stainless marine would be a good alternative. As far as I know all the 496 systems come with relocation brackets because you have to relocate certain items.

vee-driven
06-04-2007, 03:01 PM
i just sold a set of emi's for $650 and bought some cmi's, emi's are good but i am making waaaay to much power for those.

BadKachina
06-04-2007, 04:44 PM
do a search for recent header post.
for a bit more cash you can get the DANAS and have a much easier time with the install and not have to worry about relocating anything..
good luck
I keep hearing about that.(not relocating anything) I just installed two sets, had to move the ecu, the oil filter adapter (actually use a new one), the shifter bracket, the powersteering res., and the oil lines. :idea: It was about a 5 hour job each on twins. I could probably do a single in three hours or so. Doing the center mainfolds on a twin application is not fun.
I'll tell you what though, Dana's instructions and kits are very thorough. Nothing is left to question or missing or in need of fabrication in any way.;)
before.........
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32253&d=1181004117
after..........
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32254&d=1181004167

Jordy
06-04-2007, 04:46 PM
I just installed two sets...
Yes you did. Now about my commission check... :idea: :jawdrop: :notam: :D

BadKachina
06-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes you did. Now about my commission check... :idea: :jawdrop: :notam: :D
No bs, I do owe you. ;) I'll take care of you, thanks........

Jordy
06-04-2007, 04:48 PM
No bs, I do owe you. ;) I'll take care of you, thanks........
No worries. Just bustin' ya balls a little bit... ;) :D

Dana Marine Products
06-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I keep hearing about that.(not relocating anything) I just installed two sets, had to move the ecu, the oil filter adapter (actually use a new one), the shifter bracket, the powersteering res., and the oil lines.
Glad to hear the install went smoothly, the main thing is that everything stays in the factory location. DMP supplies the new brackets to keep everything in place and no fabrication is required. Another nice thing is that you can use the factory oil lines. Alot of other systems require new oil lines.
I wouldn't mind getting some additional high res images if you have them. Printing a new catalog pretty soon, I'd like to have a twin engine exhaust install in there. Let me know. Thanks again, Bob @ Dana Marine

BadKachina
06-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Glad to hear the install went smoothly, the main thing is that everything stays in the factory location. DMP supplies the new brackets to keep everything in place and no fabrication is required. Another nice thing is that you can use the factory oil lines. Alot of other systems require new oil lines.
I wouldn't mind getting some additional high res images if you have them. Printing a new catalog pretty soon, I'd like to have a twin engine exhaust install in there. Let me know. Thanks again, Bob @ Dana Marine
Sure, pm me an e-mail address and I'll shoot you over what I took. I'm getting the boat back to do a couple of other things and re-torque the manifolds and I'll shoot a whole bunch for you.
BTW like I said earlier, your instructions and kit are very thorough. Nice job.
Yes you are correct, nothing needs to be fabbed or moved, you just use new brackets and a nice billet oil adapter and powersteering res bracket.

Wizard29
06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Bad Kachina, that looks great. That's a pretty clean setup.
So how much are the Dana Marine units? What kind of lead time is there?

Make it a Double
06-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Sure, pm me an e-mail address and I'll shoot you over what I took. I'm getting the boat back to do a couple of other things and re-torque the manifolds and I'll shoot a whole bunch for you.
BTW like I said earlier, your instructions and kit are very thorough. Nice job.
Yes you are correct, nothing needs to be fabbed or moved, you just use new brackets and a nice billet oil adapter and powersteering res bracket.
Paul Thanks for the install. Everything went great at the lake yesterday. The Headers Look great and seem to do what I expected. Top speed is up 3-4 MPH. The RPM’s are up 150-200. I think I am hitting the REV limiter if not very close. The hole shot and mid range are UNBELIEVABLE. It really woke these standard Mags up. I am running 26 inch props but I am unsure of the one on the Port drive. I am going to put my spare 26 pitch props on and see how that goes. Based on this I will have the props labbed and re-pitched. Please feel free to send Bob any pictures you have.

Make it a Double
06-04-2007, 07:40 PM
No worries. Just bustin' ya balls a little bit... ;) :D
Jordy, Thanks for the referral. Paul and Jim did an excellent job.:)

Jordy
06-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Jordy, Thanks for the referral. Paul and Jim did an excellent job.:)
Would I steer ya wrong??? :D
Jordy <---- hoping to avoid the stun gun and firearms cleaning demonstration again. ;)

squirt'nmyload
06-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Would I steer ya wrong??? :D
Jordy <---- hoping to avoid the stun gun and firearms cleaning demonstration again. ;)
LMAO......i heard a couple screams yesterday when the stun gun was crackling :D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
after..........
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32254&d=1181004167
killer job you did on this. saw it yesterday.

Dana Marine Products
06-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Good information and good results.
Manifold kits are $2550.00. The only other potential product that would be required is the adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It's only required on 2005 or later 496HO applications. The regulator is $186.00.
Lead time is running 30 days. Hoping to narrow that down. We will have some solid info within the next couple of days. I'll post an update.

OC28HEAT
06-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Ordered the Dana exhaust on 5-25 I have an appointment to have the exhaust and some Dana Tabs insttalled on 6-13
do you think that I can pick it up before then