PDA

View Full Version : Has There Been Any Check Points At Katherines Landing In Laughlin

airattack09
06-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Has Anybody Been At Katherines Landing Lately!!!!!!!!!! What Is Going On With Everybody Getting Oui's (operating Under The Influence).... Are They Doing Check Points Every Weekend...????? Anybody Have Any Info????????????????

HOOTER SLED-
06-04-2007, 02:33 PM
They usually do them the week before the holiday weekends for awareness. And other odd weekends as well. They announce them too.

Brewzed
06-04-2007, 02:57 PM
how about staying sober while driving your boat and not worring about when and where they do them.

RiverDave
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
how about staying sober while driving your boat and not worring about when and where they do them.
So you don't find anything wrong with "checkpoints?"
Living in America is starting to remind me of East Berlin during the cold war.
I don't drink and drive period, but if they were having check points I'd like to know about it. If I'm going to get pulled over, searched, inspected, and generally harassed I'd rather it be for a reason, then just happened to be passing by.
RD

RiverToysJas
06-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I think the checkpoints are every weekend, and 3 random days during the week. Best to just stay away from Lake Mohave......but if you do go, don't drink and drive!!!!
RTJas :D

Jbb
06-04-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't drink and drive period, but if they were having check points I'd like to know about it. If I'm going to get pulled over, searched, inspected, and generally harassed I'd rather it be for a reason, then just happened to be passing by.
RD
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181rd_21.jpg
:D

73kona455
06-04-2007, 03:16 PM
RD
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I never realized you lived in East Berlin... How old were you then?..
oh and by the way
RD SUX...lol

Ziggy
06-04-2007, 03:17 PM
RD
I actually was in East Berlin and there was much less interogation once inside the boundries than one might have expected. ;) Very little color though, most everything was a drab grey.
I would not feel good about being checked and probed for no good reason but in actuality what they are doing is for all of our benefits. What I believe they are doing wrong is waiting for the end of the day to catch them as they come in rather than during the day when they are probably at their worst and out where they could do the real damage........

Jbb
06-04-2007, 03:18 PM
RD
Eich eine en Berliner.....:)

ULTRA26 # 1
06-04-2007, 03:20 PM
RD
I don't drink and drive either. Check Points?? If the're busting a a bunch of folks for OUI, it wouldn't seem as if enough of us are doing a good job of policing ourselves.

Ziggy
06-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Eich eine en Berliner.....:)
Say it like that and you loose my vote....lmao
Ich bin ein Berliner.......repeat after me "... ... ... ......." :D

RiverDave
06-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey Brian, it's been like 4 or 5 years now with that..
At what point does it get old?
RD

dumbandyoung
06-04-2007, 03:44 PM
LMFAO!
Yah how about you just dont drink and boat. Then you have nothing to worry about it. :jawdrop: ;) :D
All you do is risk your life and the lives of others and more importantly, risk damaging your boat. :)
There is plenty of time to drink after you get off the water.

RiverDave
06-04-2007, 03:58 PM
LMFAO!
Yah how about you just dont drink and boat. Then you have nothing to worry about it. :jawdrop: ;) :D
All you do is risk your life and the lives of others and more importantly, risk damaging your boat. :)
Hey dipshit, I've never taken any unnecesary risk with anybody elses lives in anyboat I've ever driven, whether I was dead sober or not.
That pic (pre photoshop) was taken probably 5 - 7 years ago by now.
RD

dumbandyoung
06-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey dipshit, I've never taken any unnecesary risk with anybody elses lives in anyboat I've ever driven, whether I was dead sober or not.
RD
Hey ball sucker I was talking about the guy that started this thread! ...Mr jump the gun!:D

RiverDave
06-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey ball sucker I was talking about the guy that started this thread! ...Mr jump the gun!:D
Ya quoted JBB big guy with a chopped picture of me in it. Maybe you need to work on your abillity to properly communicate on a message board, you donkey.
RD :D

Ziggy
06-04-2007, 04:04 PM
LMFAO!
Playing with fire?

Phat Matt
06-04-2007, 04:06 PM
you donkey.
That right there just makes me laugh. :D

dumbandyoung
06-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Ya quoted JBB big guy with a chopped picture of me in it. Maybe you need to work on your abillity to properly communicate on a message board, you donkey.
Nah..fock that shit.
I will work on my skills after I piss off 10 more people. After you and that Canada fag..It looks like a good week. :D
...Im waiting for my apology....:D :D

callbob4homes
06-04-2007, 04:07 PM
RD
all sensitive and ..........shit:eek:

WYRD
06-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Cut the guy some slack Dave afterall, he is Dumb and Young.............:D :D

27 Awesome cat
06-04-2007, 04:15 PM
So is that pic from 4-5 years old or 5-7?:idea:

Ziggy
06-04-2007, 04:19 PM
So is that pic from 4-5 years old or 5-7?:idea:
Is that your real hairline Dave? Don't think I've ever seen you without a hat on. :D

wsuwrhr
06-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Is that your real hairline Dave? Don't think I've ever seen you without a hat on. :D
Yea...some of us have that problem.
Occupation hazzard due to sunburns.
Brian

Ziggy
06-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Yea...some of us have that problem.
Occupation hazzard due to sunburns.
Brian
I'm there with ya ;) :D

Jbb
06-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey Brian, it's been like 4 or 5 years now with that..
At what point does it get old?
RD
It will never,....ever, get old...That pic is timeless........like this one....:D
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/op1k.jpg

27 Awesome cat
06-04-2007, 04:51 PM
It will never,....ever, get old...That pic is timeless........like this one....:D
That brings a whole new meaning to all the post I have read before:rolleyes:

Jordy
06-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Damn... The shot heard across the country!!! :jawdrop: :eek: :jawdrop:
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/rd-junk.gif

Jbb
06-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Say it like that and you loose my vote....lmao
Ich bin ein Berliner.......repeat after me "... ... ... ......." :D
Man......lol...I wasn't even close....:jawdrop:

Jbb
06-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Damn... The shot heard across the country!!! :jawdrop: :eek: :jawdrop:
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/rd-junk.gif
Building a better tomorrow!.......:p

Ziggy
06-04-2007, 05:01 PM
And the hat has reappeared :D:D:D:D

Racey
06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
RD
I'm with RD on this one, no one seems to remember that this is america, land of the free, give me liberty or give me death, people just roll over for the law now and have their rights trampled all over and now everyone expects this like it's just normal.
"it's for everyone's good" sounds alot like what the commies tell their citizens.
My buddy got pulled over saturday night this weekend here in Boulder City driving home late at night with his girlfriend, 3 squad cars for 'no license plate light' full interogation. they asked him "Where did you go tonight?, Who were you with?, where did you go to dinner?, what did you have to eat?, what did you have to drink with dinner?, where did you go after dinner?" sobriety check, passed, breathalizer, passed. I'm sorry but to me thats just plain BS, and it's pretty hard to tell the cop to go f* himself when you live in a small town like this and all its gonna do is give the guy a hard on to bust you on every little thing every chance he gets. But to me questions like that liken this place more and more each day to living under military rule, questions like that deserve a go f* yourself when you are a law abiding, tax paying citizen with a clean record.:mad:

RiverToysJas
06-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Is that Riverdave or Clint Howard???
http://www.thegoldenera.net/images/hats/Clint%20Howard.jpg
RTJas :D

Pheelin Phroggy
06-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Well...... not to stir up the pot or nothing but... I lived in West Berlin for 5 years (when the wall was up) Mrs Phroggy is from West Berlin (born & raised), I patrolled the wall for 3 years.... did many trips into East Berlin..Was even there when the wall came down...and have had the opportunity to be pulled into the Katherines Landing DUI checkpoint...and I can tell you that a DUI checkpoint on any Lake in the USA has no resemblance whatsoever to the what the East Berliners had to deal with for over 20 years. (although I do miss being able to pick up bottles of Stoly's for about 2 bucks a bottle)
US ARMY
1SG, Retired

Blown 472
06-04-2007, 06:45 PM
You sure is a snapy dresser there RD.

Ziggy
06-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Well...... not to stir up the pot or nothing but... I lived in West Berlin for 5 years (when the wall was up) Mrs Phroggy is from West Berlin (born & raised), I patrolled the wall for 3 years.... did many trips into East Berlin..Was even there when the wall came down...and have had the opportunity to be pulled into the Katherines Landing DUI checkpoint...and I can tell you that a DUI checkpoint on any Lake in the USA has no resemblance whatsoever to the what the East Berliners had to deal with for over 20 years. (although I do miss being able to pick up bottles of Stoly's for about 2 bucks a bottle)
US ARMY
1SG, Retired
Genau

Big Warlock
06-05-2007, 07:47 AM
I can see both sides of this. I would rather be pulled over on a OUI checkpoint than be hit by a POS boat driver, drunk and no or under insured!! If the police pull you over for no reason or little reason and you think it's getting out of hand, ask for a supervisor. If there is still a problem getting a supervisor to the scene, call 911 on your cell phone and let the phone sit there while the cop does his stuff. At least there will be a record of it.
Most of the time the LEOs are helpful in any situation. But, they are human like everyone else. And freedom in this country has been misinterpreted (sp?) often. Doesn't give anyone the right do be an Assclown and ruin the rest of the people's days. So we have to have a few rules to run by. Have to learn to live with that.
:)

BajaMike
06-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Nah..fock that shit.
I will work on my skills after I piss off 10 more people. After you and that Canada fag..It looks like a good week. :D
...Im waiting for my apology....:D :D
Apology for what?:confused:
Don't hold your breath......:idea:

Garrddogg
06-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Has Anybody Been At Katherines Landing Lately!!!!!!!!!! What Is Going On With Everybody Getting Oui's (operating Under The Influence).... Are They Doing Check Points Every Weekend...????? Anybody Have Any Info????????????????
Yup during the summer they have them EVERY DAY!! at Havasu too, ALL seven days of the week too.
So if you want to drink go to lake Perris its alchohol friendly.. see ya there!:D

SHOTKALLIN
06-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Designated Driver.:D

RiverDave
06-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Last I checked Brian, there wasn't anything illegal in either one of those pictures?
It's perfectly legal to drink and drive in a boat, just not legal to be drunk.
Due to the fact that this country has gone nuts on the alcohol program (and the smoking issue as well), I choose not to drink at all anymore when I have to drive.
I think if you were to sit down and interview the founding fathers in today's world though, and ask them what they thought of "check points" and "smoking laws" and well, just about 80% of the legislation on the books now, they would probably spit on the consitution before lighting it on fire..
What's the point of it all, now that our own government is taxing us just as hard, not to mention erroded our personal freedom of choice amongst other things into something almost laughable.
You know, if back in the day they would've said "We're going to ban smoking from all bars, resturaunts, beaches, 20' from any front door to a building, etc.. etc.. " That shit would've gone down in flames. Instead they say "restaraunts" then the following years it's "restaraunts and bars."
People as a whole just generally go along with other people "chipping away" at freedoms we take for granted in order to further their own personal agendas.
Does anyone find it weird that people send these chain e-mails around that pretty much spell out the countries more popular problems and give relatively simple answers to them.. And everyone says "I'd vote for someone like that," but nobody ever does?
Granted, some of those e-mails are meant to be a joke, but I'm referring more to the serious ones.
RD

Jbb
06-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Last I checked Brian, there wasn't anything illegal in either one of those pictures?
Due to the fact that this country has gone nuts on the alcohol program (and the smoking issue as well), I choose not to drink at all anymore when I have to drive.
I think if you were to sit down and interview the founding fathers in today's world though, and ask them what they thought of "check points" and "smoking laws" and well, just about 80% of the legislation on the books now, they would probably spit on the consitution before lighting it on fire..
What's the point of it all, now that our own government is taxing us just as hard, not to mention erroded our personal freedom of choice amongst other things into something almost laughable.
You know, if back in the day they would've said "We're going to ban smoking from all bars, resturaunts, beaches, 20' from any front door to a building, etc.. etc.. " That shit would've gone down in flames. Instead they say "restaraunts" then the following years it's "restaraunts and bars."
People as a whole just generally go along with other people "chipping away" at freedoms we take for granted in order to further their own personal agendas.
Does anyone find it weird that people send these chain e-mails around that pretty much spell out the countries more popular problems and give relatively simple answers to them.. And everyone says "I'd vote for someone like that," but nobody ever does?
Granted, some of those e-mails are meant to be a joke, but I'm referring more to the serious ones.
RD
RD SUX!.............:p

westair
06-05-2007, 10:11 AM
RD
People f**k with you for some reason but you make alot of sense,
hey, its not just check points but being pulled over at random
for just being on the water. I don't drink and drive and have nothing
to worry about but I am just not ok with that.

Jbb
06-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Ask him where the prop should be.......:p

RiverDave
06-05-2007, 11:08 AM
On the FRONT of the outdrive!! :D
RD

91nordic29
06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
That right there just makes me laugh. :D
Me, too. LOL!:D

CornWater
06-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Ahhhh.... direct blow to the knee cap...
:jawdrop:

91nordic29
06-05-2007, 11:29 AM
hey, its not just check points but being pulled over at random
for just being on the water. I don't drink and drive and have nothing
to worry about but I am just not ok with that.
I agree. There a PLENTY of idiots running around doing stupid crap on the water. They are the ones who should be pulled over and "safety checked".

WYRD
06-05-2007, 11:29 AM
RD
Tell me when was the last time we had "someone like that" on the ballet:confused:

CarBizIndio
06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Cant you spot the check point from a distance and go the opposite direction or switch drivers if you think your drunk?